Any tattoo lovers around here?

daredevil

I showed my two already in a dif. post, booked my third one a month or so back so I'm looking forward to that :P @Dare, the side effects you've heard of or seen on google are more then likely the cause of home/amateur artists who didn't take the proper precautions before doing their tattooing, any reputable/decent shop keeps their work areas/equipment completely sterile and there's really no risks from side effects unless your allergic to the ink or have a phobia of needles >.>

any reputable/decent shop keeps their work areas/equipment completely sterile and there's really no risks from side effects unless your allergic to the ink or have a phobia of needles >.>

Theres always the possibility of side effects |3lessed. For instance the side effect of a phobia to needles is fainting, which can lead to a concussion, memory loss, stitches, infection, sepsis and death. lol.

Seriously though, any time you jab a needle in your body, you risk infection. Doing it several hundreds of times with a foreign substance does increase the risk of infection. But as blessed stated if the field is sterile and the skin is cleaned thoroughly prior then your chances are pretty low.

On a side note, it would be wise to do it during the winter rather than summer since the summer heat & humidity can cause your to perspire more, which makes a great breeding ground for bacteria. It's also why your more stanky during the summer months. ;P I'd say if you have a bitchin design in mind, ask around which shops/artists are good and either do it, or get a hot girlfriend with tattoos to look at while naked. :thumbsup

Hey Kevin, where did you get the concept for that design? Does it have some significant meaning?

@Starz- What about doing a UV reactive ink. That way it's almost invisible during the day, but at a club or somewhere with black lights it glows. I've seen a few people with tats like that on the neck/hands and it looks really. The downside is you can't get much effect like fading with that type of ink.

Thats kinda hot :D Would be a great Idea for the Neck tattoo. But i also planing to get a Ambigramm. I have the Word, but dunno yet where.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3383/3655897754_88e21a8792.jpg

I have several tats and if I could give you only 1 bit of advice it would be this: Research all the shops that are within driving distance of your home and pick the best shop & artist that you can find. Use this person---regardless of cost. Buy the very finest tattoo that you can.

If down the road and you decide that a tattoo was not for you, at least you still a a phenomenal piece of artwork. I like the pieces that I have but I know ppl that have ink and its crappy work and they hate it, or it was B+ work when it was new but now it looks sloppy.

Remember, you will get what you pay for.

There is a guy that works out of Atlanta Georgia, USA named Deano Cook. Check him out.

http://www.psychotats.com/newweb/pages/DeanoCook/DeanoCook.htm