How take demos and screenshots - Enemy Territory

(Snake)

What is the CONSOLE? How do I open it?

* Press your ˜ (tilde) key to bring down the console. (Normally the key above the TAB and below the ESC). Every command should be entered in the console to make it work.

Too bring down the console in full screen press ALT + ˜ (tilde) and use the scroll wheel of your mouse to navigate up or down inside the console.

Demos:

You can take a demo doing this:

/autorecord
This is to start recording.(It goes into the console)

/stoprecord
And this is to stop it. (It goes into the console)

Other way to take a demo is inserting this in your cfg:

Bind F12 "vstr demotoggle"
set demostop "set demotoggle vstr demostart; stoprecord; echo ^(Stopped Demo
set demostart "set demotoggle vstr demostop; autorecord; echo ^(Recording Demo
set demotoggle "vstr demostart"
This gonna start recording when you press "F12",and then stop it, when you press it again.

The videos that you take,gonna be placed here: Program Files/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etpub(jaymod/nq/silent/etc)/demos Well, this is the default location.

To see the video,you only have to start the game W:ET,go where it says "MODS",clikc in the "MOD" that is your demo,then,go where it says "REPLAYS",and open your demo.

If you want to share your video or post it in forums,you can do it from here: Mediafire

Screenshots:

You can take a screenshot in ET doing this:

/autoscreenshot
(It goes into the console)

Other way to take a screenshot is inserting this in your cfg:

Bind F11 "Autoscreenshot; screenshotjpeg"
This gonna take a screenshot everytime that you press "F11"

The screenshots that you take,gonna be placed here:Program Files/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etpub(jaymod/nq/silent/etc)/screenshots Well, this is the default location.

If you want to share your screenshots or post it in forums,you can do it from here: ImageShack

I hope that this can help you.

If you have a doubt,only let me now. smile.gif

Edited by Fearless Staff
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Yes! Finally I found out how! :D Was wondering why my F11 bind didn't work in all servers D: Hopefully it does now :]

changed it to

unbind F11

bind F11 "autoscreenshot; screenshotjpeg" //for screenshot hit F11

Thanks Snake :]

• 2 weeks later...

do you put /autorecord and/screenshot in the console or do you just type it?

It goes into the console.

@Snake: might be good to point that out in tutorial and how to open the console :geek:

ok thanks but one more thing. When i go to imageshack(i think thats what its called) and browse in my folders for the video it doesnt show up, but when i go on my computer and look in the folder its there. Anyone know why its not showing up and if there is anyway to convert the video so i can watch it with my windows media player?thx

ok thanks but one more thing. When i go to imageshack(i think thats what its called) and browse in my folders for the video it doesnt show up, but when i go on my computer and look in the folder its there.

Because the program to upload videos is "MediaFire" not ImageShack. :) ImageShack is for screenshots or pictures :)

Because the program to upload videos is "MediaFire" not ImageShack. :) ImageShack is for screenshots or pictures :)

ok i used media fire but still cant look at the file becuase its not in the right form to watch it. it says dm_82 file and everytime i click on it to play it, it brings up a box saying find a program online to run this program. I need it in the write form where i can watch it on windows media player. any suggestions?