Restoring Profile and Data

darkfang77

Hey guys,

recently my HD has been crashing/freezing and I've had to re-install ET to another HD to play.

Thing is now: I want to get my old xp, settings and profile back!

The old HD is still OK, but how is it possible to restore the profile data from there and patch it onto my new HD?

I really don't want to lose the 90k XP I've saved over my time in the F|A!

Cheers!

You save your old etkey?

No, not yet.

I haven't done anything to the HDs so far b/c I don't want to damage the old glitched HD further.

All I've done so far is basically make another profile with the same name and play really.

You have to copy your old "etkey" and paste it in the new profle. So you will have your levels and xp back.

Thanks a lot for that info, can you give me a quick idea where and what it looks like?

It'll save me a little time rather than looking through every folder.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for that info, can you give me a quick idea where and what it looks like?

It'll save me a little time rather than looking through every folder.

Thanks!

My computer -> HDD (C:) disk thingy -> Program files -> wolfenstein -> etmain

2dchbix.png

• Like 1

You have to copy your old "etkey" and paste it in the new profle. So you will have your levels and xp back.

Hello,

I have done as you said, I accessed my old HD, copied the file "Etkey" and put it into my new HD.

I then deleted the new etkey and pasted in the original etkey from the old profile.

But when I logged in, my xp hasn't changed (i.e, it was the same as I left it).

What's gone wrong?

Hello,

I have done as you said, I accessed my old HD, copied the file "Etkey" and put it into my new HD.

I then deleted the new etkey and pasted in the original etkey from the old profile.

But when I logged in, my xp hasn't changed (i.e, it was the same as I left it).

What's gone wrong?

Did you copy Etkey file and then paste it in etmain folder like I showed on picture? You only need to do that and then it should work

Did you copy Etkey file and then paste it in etmain folder like I showed on picture? You only need to do that and then it should work

Yes I did this. I made every effort to ensure that I DID NOT mix them up.

I pasted the file into the etmain folder.

Yes I did this. I made every effort to ensure that I DID NOT mix them up.

I pasted the file into the etmain folder.

It's supposed to be working then o.O

Did you replace the old etkey with the new one? or do you have etkey(1) and etkey(2) now? You only need one

It's supposed to be working then o.O

Did you replace the old etkey with the new one? or do you have etkey(1) and etkey(2) now? You only need one

Yes, i replaced the etkey and i only have one key in etmain. Here's what I did.

I made a folder called "original etkey" and placed the original key into there.

I made another folder called "new key".

I opened up my ETmain and took out the new key and placed it into the folder "new key".

I then copied the original key from the folder labelled original key into there.

Once the old key was inside the ETmain folder, I then deleted the folder with the new key.

I'm really gutted that my xp has been destroyed. Right now, all I have is 23k xp from my original 90k+ xp.

is there any chance or possibility that my xp can be recovered in any other way?

Edited by darkfang77