Chuckun

Portable W:ET

Question

Hey guys, due to recent happennings (breaking my computer) I've been contemplating setting W:ET up on a portable drive (disc not FD)..

Whilst I've no doubt that this is fesible (due to W:ET not using any registry entries etc), I am wondering if anyone here has done it yet? :P

I'm going to try it nonetheless but I'm curious as to if it's common or not because W:ET is a small game really.. (I know maps take space though)

Chuckun

7 answers to this question

Seeing as my current W:ET folder is less than 800MB (though, I only play on F|A servers), I would imagine that a 2GB USB Flash Drive would be more than enough for ET. With a potential max speed of about 40MB/s for read/write, I'd imagine that load times would be pretty quick.

You mean the whole game in just one exec? I don't know if its possible but you can copy your whole W:et folder into your usb, i did that few weeks ago and worked for me.

Just copy your entire "Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory" to your USB drive. The game will play from the ET.exe in the folder.

Yup, I understand how it works and USB 2.0 will be fast enough for the game.. I was just wondering if anyone else had done it here :) Looks like they have! xD

Chuckun :D

It worked for me! :)

Edited by sinopsis

Whenever i used to run ET off my USB i would get kicked by PB and would have to play on non-pb servers. Dont remember the exact error but im sure it had something to do with the fact i was using a school pc which didnt have many priveleges.