Other Game Design Opportunity

PHANTASM

I met a man today who runs an orphanage in Southern Sudan. His name is Sam Childers. In his spare time, he has an unusual hobby. He kills drug dealers, child abductors, and terrorists. His arch-enemy is the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army, a psychotic monster in human form who has been terrorizing Uganda and Sudan for decades.

They are making a movie about him starring Gerard Butler (yeah the guy from 300).

More about him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Childers

He was in my hometown today, and I got the chance to meet him in person on my way home after work. While we were talking, he told me that he would like to have someone make a video game about his adventures. I told him he just met the right person. Here's the video of him explaining what he is looking for:

If you are interested in helping make a video game, pm me. I will need programmers and beta testers. This is for charity, so these people can support themselves, so I don't foresee anyone getting rich but it should be interesting and will look good on your resume.

• Like 1

Hey i'm far from a programmer or any real computer tech However I'm a expert on sounds I.E. Sound effects, Music mashups or remixes Filtering. Cleanning boosting Pitch tone speed etc From a pure sound of a sniper rifle and the recoil to the bullet tearing into flesh you want a sound i can find it and set it to any file mode needed

As for Taking the ideas of real life and putting them into gaming ideas i have alot of good ones.. There is a HUGE market for Something out of the bull********** that we all see out there

I downloaded Medal of honor after playing all those older ones and loved them ..the new one is just like COD or any modern war game zzzzzzzz

I can see so many ideas for this one .. Like the Godfather meets Vice city with a twist

Guy walks in to a biker bar some sleeze ball biker pimp punches out one of his girls for beening short $20 she runs out to the alley were you meet up with her and she starts telling you that guy was her pimp and he works for another guy that has her son in mexico ..boom the side door opens and out comes her pimp and the fight begins ..you beat him down take his bike and ride off to your place with the girl. where she tells you more info. Do you go to mexico ? Do you stick around and find more of the scum members and make cash and upgrade weapons? Maybe hire a pardner

So many ideas

Anyways if you need anything let me know.. I work for free just cause i would like to be apart of my own video game and flip the bird to the main stream makers lol

Anyways if you need anything let me know.. I work for free just cause i would like to be apart of my own video game and flip the bird to the main stream makers lol

Perfect. You've been enlisted.

I think this guy pretty much sums up what it means to be a real-life Fearless Assassin - he goes to the worst places on earth, literally, by himself, and hunts down the worst scum on the planet, for no pay.

So, let's help him.

I'm in if you like. I have no idea how to program as of right now but I may be of assistance beta testing and have a decent knowledge of weapons and experience handling and using firearms, bows, knives, etc.... So from that angle if needed I could assist with looking at the weapon models/effects created. If you find there is something you need for the project let me know and I can rapidly learn the skills needed and hopefully find access to the required software to implement it.

I have funds for buying whatever software we need. I have written a lot of databases but no games. I spend my days writing SQL and connecting application objects to Oracle data sources. Boring corporate stuff. Sometimes I actually fall asleep at my desk. I don't know anything about coding games in C+. I need advice from experts.

I'm totally aware that making a game is a big undertaking, but we are collectively smart enough to do anything.

I have funds for buying whatever software we need. I have written a lot of databases but no games. I spend my days writing SQL and connecting application objects to Oracle data sources. Boring corporate stuff. Sometimes I actually fall asleep at my desk. I don't know anything about coding games in C+. I need advice from experts.

I'm totally aware that making a game is a big undertaking, but we are collectively smart enough to do anything.

Theres a website for help called guru.com i found this

stacktrace

Game Developers

Game Development, Mobile Applications, Programming, Smart Phone Applications, Web Programming St. Louis, MO

United States

Min. Rate: $20/hr

Min. Budget: $500 Feedback:

Read 2 reviews

Earnings: $200 (year)

Dan Fuller

Game Developers

Programming, Game Development, Embedded Development

St. Louis, MO

United States

Min. Rate: $50/hr

Min. Budget: $50 Feedback: None

Reviews: 0

Earnings: $0 (year)

shanggao

Game Developers

Embedded Development, Game Development, Mobile Applications, Programming, Web Programming St. Louis, MO

United States

Min. Rate: $38/hr

Min. Budget: $500 Feedback: None

Earnings: $0 (year)

speedycomputing

Game Developers

Programming, Web Programming, Database Design, Game Development St. Louis, MO

United States

Min. Rate: $0/hr

Min. Budget: $0 Feedback: None

Earnings:

theres alot more there in your area school guys might help out and work cheap ..very least you might get some tips ..youtube some stuff too I know theres EA games somewhere near u. Depending on if you know programming or not. If you are good with math and have used C++ before that would be your best start If not : Darkgdk programming is a good start to learn gaming I watched a few videos on it and the guy about it lost me at hello

Its been awhile since ive done some programming so i wont sign up for that, but what i do is test video games to there breaking points of crashing and also do web design, video editing, and advertising. Lemme kno what you need

I was talking with a real life buddy who is over here today, and he is suggesting to me that I am waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my league and should maybe just write a script and pitch it to an actual game company, or (don't laugh) find someone in India to do it for a few grand.

Anyone know any Indian game companies? Or producers at major US gaming companies (ID/Treyarch/EA/Activision etc...)??

• Administrators

Don't get me wrong, but corporate world doesn't enter in charity game coding. For them $$ is God. It includes Indian gaming companies also.

They will charge good amount of money and for few grands no one will work on it. Making game is not that easy unless you are making some flash games or just browser based games.

You will need game coders, graphic team, animation team, QC team, etc. For few grands, no one will even bother to read your script. There is too much time involved in making game from ground up if you are looking something at W:ET.

To cut the time and cost, you can use idTech3 or even quake engine and make a game on it. I have no clue for there EULA.

Might want to even ask this guys, if they are interested:

http://xreal-project.net/

Ya i know nothing of the programming world But i do know it takes alot of people in diffrent areas of gaming to make one and ALOT of time ......I'm waiting for a game to come out Called : Storm of war ..I don't know how many of you out there have ever playing Flight sims ..But im a big fan of WW2 and Warplanes I use to play Fighter Ace. Which was sorta like this game but you had 5 countrys to fight with And Oj's which were sort like getting flags By bombing to %60 damage

Well this new game thats coming ( Nov 2010 ) has been in the making since 2006 And as been said to blow any flight game out of the water and by the video there right ..But it was only 1 man in russia that started it

Ingame IR tracker. joystick keyboard controls rudder pedals if you wish and much more

If it was me making a game ..it would take me 6 months just to make a pong game 2 sticks 1 ball 2 years just to do 1 ET map at low rez lol

What you could do is get a signning of players members of the gaming world to get this game in the making hand it to him and show him where to go or be a middle man and look around for him

my offer still stands you need help from the true north strong and free count me in

I would not mind helping out, been a few years since I programmed though, and it only was a hobby of mind. From my own experience, that is one huge undertaking, if you figure out what you want to do, pm me, I will help any way I can.

Btw, I am a good story teller, and can probably be of more use in the environment and feel of the game, and writing dialog between the characters, that is, unless he already has it scripted.

It is doable though, but really freaking hard.

i used to know how to program but after i got out of marshall school i droped it so ill beta test

Like anti said my job run around weapons so i can help with that

Edited by Slayerz