ET Jay #2 FG42+Adrenaline

dasp

• Platinum VIP
4 minutes ago, ChaOs said:

U already changed the subject with your first post :D

Fair enough. And to get back on subject, I don't think too many people want to completely eliminate dren, just limit the n umber of times you can boost per life and limit the effect it has on a major weapon like the FG42.

Personally, FG42 doesn't bother me. If I know where you are, I can use peek and set my aim, jump out and get a few hits, jump back, heal, jump out and get the kill. It;s only when I don't expect it that FG42 is unstoppable, but generally, it's not hard to kill the player using it

Edited by -=HipKat=-

13 hours ago, CabaL said:

Have seen a lot of people say for a while that if dren gets removed from jay2, then Jay2 would become the main server over Jay1. So removing dren from Jay2 (or even changing how it works as a whole) could change server populations by quite a bit.

@ChaOs

I don't think jay2 will die if adren is removed, if anything it will thrive, that's the general opinion 

Edited by CaRaNo
edit
  • 100 4

10 minutes ago, daredevil said:

I think, some serious mod changes, required. Something like if you die, your old charge carries over and even though you spawn with it, you can't use it. 

@EL

Uhm.

I'll try to make it mathematical.

1. Standard medics complain about FG42.

2. They start with 120? HP?

3. They immidiately fill up to 156?

4. They then use dren with a little delay.

5. Dren "doubles" the health to 312?

One HS with FG42 does 38 dmg, correct me, if I am wrong.

An FG42 has a load of 20 bullets.

So you have to have 8 HS in 20 bullets to take them down or 16 body shots and then you have to reload and prey that not another enemy is around.

And this is easy to handle. Yep.

This is why the game consists 80% of covies instead 80% of medics. Got it...

Just now, -=HipKat=- said:

Fair enough. And to get back on subject, I don't think too many people want to completely eliminate dren, just limit the n umber of times you can boost per life and limit the effect it has on a major weapon like the FG42

:) 

Yeah. As said. It's a danger.

Servers, opinions and so on are also political. Small errors can cause big effects.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CaRaNo said:

I don't think jay2 will die if adren is removed, if anything it will thrive, that's the general opinion 

An opinion... yes. So just try it.^^

• Administrators
Just now, dasp said:

I totally agree with Carano. But I think I found the solution. @daredevil what about an exact copy of jay2 without adrenaline? 😜

We already have Fun #1 but I will change it up as per my thoughts initially. The whole XP reset every 3 maps is not going anywhere. So I am going to change it up. 

First, I want to complete sniper server for @Luki and team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
13 minutes ago, daredevil said:

We already have Fun #1 but I will change it up as per my thoughts initially. The whole XP reset every 3 maps is not going anywhere. So I am going to change it up. 

First, I want to complete sniper server for @Luki and team. 

+100000 on Sniper Server

• Platinum VIP
18 minutes ago, ChaOs said:

@EL

Uhm.

I'll try to make it mathematical.

1. Standard medics complain about FG42.

2. They start with 120? HP?

3. They immidiately fill up to 156?

4. They then use dren with a little delay.

5. Dren "doubles" the health to 312?

One HS with FG42 does 38 dmg, correct me, if I am wrong.

An FG42 has a load of 20 bullets.

So you have to have 8 HS in 20 bullets to take them down or 16 body shots and then you have to reload and prey that not another enemy is around.

And this is easy to handle. Yep.

This is why the game consists 80% of covies instead 80% of medics. Got it...

Adren actually only halves the bodyshot damage so nothing changes to the amount of headshots you need :) Also medics that adren usually don't have charge to pack to 156 so I'd say 4x38=152 does the trick, if not 3x38=114 in most circumstances ^^

• Like 4

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

TBH, the only people you'll convince that Adren is necessary is other players that are addicted to using Adren

When you say necessary, what do you mean? The same argument can be said with many aspects of the game. Throwing knives is a feature in some servers, not necessary but adds to the experience. Double jump isnt necessary yet adds to the game on some servers. PPSH on silent servers isnt necessary yet adds to the game.

If you talk about what's necessary we can strip the game down to SMG only as a weapon + utilities like grenades + tools (dyna, pliers) because that is all that is necessary to do the objective. One could even argue that you just have a knife and use that to defend and attack. It would work but it would be very dull.

The question isnt about what is necessary but what people want and what's best for the server and the theme it is trying to implement. The reason you are not used to adrenaline is because you mostly play on jay1 recently. Same for me, I am not used to adrenaline so I never use it when I'm on servers that have it.

I cant speak for jay2 because I havent been a long term regular but I see people like using adrenaline and that's one aspect of jay2 that's unique. 

Regarding fg42, it is a powerful weapon and coupled with adrenaline I can see it being very OP in the hands of someone that uses it. May I ask how many people top frag with fg42 on jay2? Is it many people or is it a select few? If it is a few, could it be they are just good? 

• 100 2

17 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

Adren actually only halves the bodyshot damage so nothing changes to the amount of headshots you need :) Also medics that adren usually don't have charge to pack to 156 so I'd say 4x38=152 does the trick, if not 3x38=114 in most circumstances ^^

There is no difference, if I mathematical double the health or half the damage in effect.

They have enough. Again. When they start, they immidiately fill up to 156, then use dren after a short delay. Sometimes it feels like the text I write isn't read at all.

I also miscalculated, my fault. double from 18 is not 38. It's 36.

So half of the damage is 18.

So you need 9 HS to wreck down a full set up medic.

=162dmg

And only if you constantly (45%) HS. or 90% body shots - With one magazine to kill.

Edited by ChaOs

11 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

Regarding fg42, it is a powerful weapon and coupled with adrenaline I can see it being very OP in the hands of someone that uses it. May I ask how many people top frag with fg42 on jay2? Is it many people or is it a select few? If it is a few, could it be they are just good? 

Sometines till rarely.

• Platinum VIP
15 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

When you say necessary, what do you mean? The same argument can be said with many aspects of the game. Throwing knives is a feature in some servers, not necessary but adds to the experience. Double jump isnt necessary yet adds to the game on some servers. PPSH on silent servers isnt necessary yet adds to the game.

If you talk about what's necessary we can strip the game down to SMG only as a weapon + utilities like grenades + tools (dyna, pliers) because that is all that is necessary to do the objective. One could even argue that you just have a knife and use that to defend and attack. It would work but it would be very dull.

The question isnt about what is necessary but what people want and what's best for the server and the theme it is trying to implement. The reason you are not used to adrenaline is because you mostly play on jay1 recently. Same for me, I am not used to adrenaline so I never use it when I'm on servers that have it.

I cant speak for jay2 because I havent been a long term regular but I see people like using adrenaline and that's one aspect of jay2 that's unique. 

Actually, I have often talked about wishing that there could be a server that was stripped down to just the basics. I think that would be outstanding but then I remember there are servers like that. They’re called ETpro. All right should say they were called that since there really is no semblance of that mod as it once was any longer.

Throwing knives in themselves are no different than any other weapon, it’s the poison that has always made them controversial and double jump, I one hundred percent agree with you on. But, using knives and double jumping are skills. Names require accuracy and good aim for them to be good weapons. It takes less skill to double jump but it still takes skill to use double jump to make longer lives in to trick jump, right?

Adrenaline is not a skill.

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP
1 minute ago, ChaOs said:

There is no difference, if I mathematical double the health or half the damage in effect.

They have enough. Again. When they start, they immidiately fill up to 156, then use dren after a short delay. Sometimes it feels like the text I write isn't read at all.

A also miscalculated, my fault. double from 18 is not 38. It's 36.

So half of the damage is 18.

So you need 9 HS to wreck down a full set up medic.

=162dmg

And only if you constantly (45%) HS. or 90% body shots - With one magazine to kill.

Sorry, it seems we have both not been very clear to each other so I will also rephrase:

I tested on the server and without adren a bodyshot does 15 damage and a headshot does ~40
With adre a bodyshot does ~9 damage and a headshot does ~40

So my point was that regardless of using adre you don't need more headshots to kill, you only need more bodyshots. This is because adren only decreases the damage you take from bodyshots, not from headshots. Whether people find that fair or not I leave in the middle, I am only pointing out the literal damage

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
1 minute ago, Dest!Ny said:

Sorry, it seems we have both not been very clear to each other so I will also rephrase:

I tested on the server and without adren a bodyshot does 15 damage and a headshot does ~40
With adre a bodyshot does ~9 damage and a headshot does ~40

So my point was that regardless of using adre you don't need more headshots to kill, you only need more bodyshots. This is because adren only decreases the damage you take from bodyshots, not from headshots. Whether people find that fair or not I leave in the middle, I am only pointing out the literal damage

That’s true and I thought that was well known that the best way to be adrenaline is accurate head shots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

Jay2 it's 18 body and 36 HS, I think. we can test it now, if you want to. And 18 HS again when dren is used.