ET Jay #2 FG42+Adrenaline

dasp

23 hours ago, ElEl said:

Challenge accepted.

u are already a beast bud!!!. but no weapon at all just win with out killing enemy .an u cant use dren to run.lol

i fear my age has caught up with my ability to play et . some days my hands hurt way to bad. 

i sure enjoyed the pistol fights otherday. made me feel good again .lolcuz i suck now.

• Love 1

• Platinum VIP
19 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

u are already a beast bud!!!. but no weapon at all just win with out killing enemy .an u cant use dren to run.lol

i fear my age has caught up with my ability to play et . some days my hands hurt way to bad. 

i sure enjoyed the pistol fights otherday. made me feel good again .lolcuz i suck now.

I'm with you on the age thing. But it's not my hands that hurt, I lose my Crosshair too easily, trying to get my eyes to stay on it

3 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I lose my Crosshair too easily, trying to get my eyes to stay on it

Practice using no cross hair :D so you aren't dependent on it. For close quarters it should be relatively easy to use no crosshair if you have decent gamesense and muscle memory. If you struggle with this, then some of the fundamentals are missing and need developing. 

• 100 1

• Administrators

Some of you ever think or just keep on debating??  It's one thing to discuss but it's another to reach to some working solution. In the first initial post, I had shared and if not here it is: https://fearless-assassins.com/jaymod.pdf

In jaymod their is no such option to disable or change stuff i.e.

1. Make adren charge carry over on re-spawn.

2. Make adrenaline only one needle. (This I mentioned, we will try to do it and test it out if possible but not an easy solution) 

3. covert ops charge - It was already made slower and I am just awaiting direct feedback on it rather then random BS within a topic with lots of post. 

FG42 has been over power in short range combat if in skilled person hand. But then so is panzer and rifle nades and so is MP40. 

Let me be clear: My goal is to achieve some solution so that even rookie player can't come and use weapon and starts rolling up everyone. In hand of skilled player, everyone weapon is overpowered and that's how it should be. We are not here to make skilled players like fucking dumb. 

PS I am Ok with all the discussion but all I am saying is don't develop hate/dislike towards each another if player A doesn't agree with your thought/idea. That's all I care about. Thanks. 

PS 2 Make this 50 page discussion but at the end of the day also think what's possible within Jaymod. That is why I had told before, once this DDoS stuff is done, I am going to modify Fun #1 server. 

• Like 3
  • 100 3

Table 13.36. g_weapons Flags

2048: Disable dren. This tweakable by class or no? Maybe just disable it all together for covi & medic?

Flak jacket on jay1 is for engys only right? Disabled for other classes. Is it possible to deny lvl 4/5 medic perks for medic and covi?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, CabaL said:

Table 13.36. g_weapons Flags

2048: Disable dren. This tweakable by class or no? Maybe just disable it all together for covi & medic?

Not tweak able by class or at least I don't see option for it. Even if option - we can't disable adren for covert ops only because of FG42. Correct solution should be make spread of FG42 bit higher and make adren charge followed on next re-spawn. 

• Like 1

Are weapon stats tweakable? I'd say it would take little more than increased spread. Maybe slightly longer reload time if possible?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CabaL said:

Are weapon stats tweakable? I'd say it would take little more than increased spread. Maybe slightly longer reload time if possible?

From what I know, no. Anything not mentioned in that jaymod.pdf is not doable straight up.  If someone knows on how to do it, please share and I will gladly do it. 

• Like 1

I think some ppl that play only one class get butt hurt when someone they feel is a sub player gets the better of them using the FG. They may be right given a level playing field - both players same HP, weapon, class, etc. one player might not be as good. What's wrong with the sub player finding ways to bridge the gap - FG, Panzer, shotty, etc? Why should the sub player be further handicapped by nerfing the weapon or reducing dren access when the better player has more HP, packs and a helmet? I think the better player needs to implement a better strategy in defending against the weapon, i.e. taking cover until the lower capacity mag is spent then firing head shots. after all, the Covie only wears a t-shirt and a beanie cap...surely, (insert Airplane joke here) the higher skilled players can find a way?

• Like 2
  • 100 4

On 5/20/2020 at 9:22 PM, CaRaNo said:

but some ppl just boost after boost, even hiding till recharge and off they go again

Yes, that is a legit way of playing. Some people camp in their own spawn with mortar and get 100-0 scores without even seeing the enemy once. Some people camp with panzer and blow themselves up when killing you. Some people plant like 30 mines in one choke point so its impossible to move.  If it's built in the game then it's legit. Often times using adre is the only way to get pass choke points. Like the caves in Oasis  etc...

Disabling the hit reduction is good idea. Speed has to stay.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gameplan said:

I think some ppl that play only one class get butt hurt when someone they feel is a sub player gets the better of them using the FG. They may be right given a level playing field - both players same HP, weapon, class, etc. one player might not be as good. What's wrong with the sub player finding ways to bridge the gap - FG, Panzer, shotty, etc? Why should the sub player be further handicapped by nerfing the weapon or reducing dren access when the better player has more HP, packs and a helmet? I think the better player needs to implement a better strategy in defending against the weapon, i.e. taking cover until the lower capacity mag is spent then firing head shots. after all, the Covie only wears a t-shirt and a beanie cap...surely, (insert Airplane joke here) the higher skilled players can find a way?

Its quite easy. Just make sure the covert ops doesn't kill you in his first magazine and you win. People calling for the FG to be nerfed just want medic to be the supreme class with no counterplay (because yes, a FG generally beats a medic 1v1 when both are full health with dren, but medic is better in every other game situation. There's a reason medic is still the most used class).

And if the complaint is the playstyle (suicide rushing), why not increase the spawn time? 6 seconds spawn time makes death obsolete.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP

An FG is an FG. I don't see where Dren has much of an impact. I defeat FG's all the time. Perfect example, Helmet Head used FG last night on a few maps, he killed me twice, I killed him with it 7 times by peeking, dropping a few med packs, setting aim, then moving in and out firing short bursts. It's not hard. Even easier from a distance than up close.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the damages, fire rates, etc. by weapon.

http://files.idle.ee/et/weapons.html

As you can see the FG42 is no more powerful than the MP40 or Thompson. In fact, it is less for body shots and same for HS. However, it does fire and reload faster. On the down side, it is much less accurate and holds fewer rounds per magazine.

I make no claims to the accuracy of the above source or any jaymod differences, but it is a reference for this discussion. IMO, the too powerful argument doesn't pass the smell test - dren or not considering meds can dren up too.

• 100 2

On 5/25/2020 at 9:30 AM, captnconcrete said:

Check out the gaming ergonomics & physical therapy stuff on youtube. There are a couple of recommendations that are helping me. I also have iced after playing and felt better the next day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you love ET?

Adren is part of the game and engi needs that help as no one plays support these days. FG is only good if you practise so why shouldnt people benefit from their skills learned?

As we have adren off servers why wouldnt guys who hate it play there? Jaymod is so bad without adren might as well play pro then.

I just played baserace without adren on jay#2...awful. we managed to steal 2 pieces in 20 mins. ruins the map.

my two pence

barn

• Surprise 1
  • 100 1