TheFriendlyVEGAN <3 says hi

Hi, my name is raf, I currently live in Belgium, but will likely move to Sweden when the corona lockdown here settles down. I’m 34 years old.

I suffer from multiple mental disorders and psychological issues, including severe chronic depression and Asperger’s syndrome.

I am very open about my mental health and my desire for suicide. I’m an advocate for euthanasia for mental illness.

I am a vegan for ethical reasons. I don’t believe that animals should suffer for a few minutes of taste. I’m an animal rights activist and volunteer for several animal rights organisations, both locally in Belgium as internationally.

I like to discuss veganism and animal rights with people. That doesn’t mean that I will force you to go vegan, I can’t do that, I can only inform you. What you end up doing with the information, is up to you. I’d be happy to answer serious questions about veganism and a plant-based diet.

Officially, I am handicapped. But I like to call myself an artist. I write and play music (drums, guitar, piano, ...), I paint, write stories and poetry. I’m a tailor and a photographer.

I have created many works, but I struggle with stage fright and very low self-esteem, so I don’t do much with what I created. I’m still looking for ways to deal with that, to get past that, and share my works with “the world”.

I played Enemy Territory a long time ago, when it was still kinda new, I think. I was in an international clan and played competitions. I was known for my panzerfaust.

When the clan disbanded, I also quit playing. I get attached easily (one of my mental issues; on the Beginners 2 server, there are already some people that I’m quite fond of. I don’t even have to know people to get attached to them, which is frustrating and difficult), and when the group went their own way, it was hard to stay in touch with some of them, and that caused mental anguish. This is one of the reasons why I’m living a very isolated life,but that doesn’t mean that I enjoy the isolation.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I started playing ET again. I still suck with a machine gun, which is why I turn to heavy weapons, an airstrike calling field ops or a grenade launching engineer; it’s one of the few times I stand a chance.

The Beginners 2 server was the third server that I tried, and for some reason I was compelled to stay. The teamwork that I saw, the friendliness, ... so, my thanks to Fearless Assassins and the players on the Beginners 2 server, for letting me enjoy the game.

First name: raf

Any sort of Nickname?: friends give nicknames, I don’t have friends.

What country are you from?: Belgium, for now

Are you a Parent?: no

How many siblings do you have?: two

What do you do for a living?: artist

Greatest Fear?: people, heights, spiders, ...

Most Exciting thing you've ever done?: Solotrip to Réykjavík

Most embarrassing thing you've ever done?: (Don't be shy!) too many to mention

First thing you look for in a new friend?: kindness

Farthest you've been from home?: Réykjavík

What brought you to the Fearless Assassins servers/forum?: I was just looking for a fun place to enjoy some ET and bumped into a FA server, and never went to another server.

Cat or Dog?: cats

What are your hobbies?: art, being in nature, playing the drums, writing stuff, photographing, cooking, ...

What kind of Sports do you like?: gymnastics, tennis

What's your favorite color?: green

How about your favorite type of music?: folkmetal

Favorite Song?: for now... En Lintinbluotin Faran by Falkenbach and Apocalypse by Cigarettes After Sex

What's your favorite TV show?: Star Trek DS9

What kind of movies do you like? (Scary, comedy, drama etc): sci-fi, historical, drama, romantic, ...

Favorite Movie?: Seven Pounds, The Green Mile, ...

Favorite Book?: The Hobbit

What do you like most about yourself?: my creative side

What do you hate most about yourself?: the fact that I still live

What makes you very happy?: what is happiness and where can I download it?

What makes you very sad?: life; the treatment of animals; the selfishness and indifference of humans; ...

What's your favorite beverage?: bloody mary or hot chocolate milk (with hazelnut milk)

What you're favorite food/snack?: chocolate! Pizza, pasta, ...

Favorite actor/Actress?: Tom Hanks, Joaquin Phoenix

Favorite season? Why?: spring, everything’s greeeeeeen! Life starts anew, it might just bring out my tiny optimistic side

Favorite subject in school?: history 

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?: Scandinavia in general; Iceland is my number one

What are your top three games of all time?: Skyrim, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, Neverwinter Nights II

Besides shooters, what is your favorite genre of gaming?: RPG,

Name one game in your collection you'd be embarrassed to tell your friends about: Truck Simulator, it’s nice to get things done and achieve things without having to use violence

Do you play console?: used to.

What platform do you spend most of your gaming on? (PS, Xbox, Steam, Android etc): just regular PC

What's your favorite internet site (That is not FA ;P): propably Wikipedia, I can spend hours just reading and clicking on and reading more.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Interesting introduction bud. Hope you find some comfort staying with us knowing we arent planning to go anywhere for years to come. 

We're glad you like our beginners2 server. Our admins there are awesome and I'm glad that they and the regulars alike have enticed you to stay.

Stick around mate. I'm pretty you have found your new home within ET.

• Like 1

Hello friendly vegan, I applaud your activism and helping that cause, been a vegan is not an easy task in this world.

Hope you enjoy your stay and will visit some day b2 and meet you there!

• Like 3

Hello Raf Welcome to our forum. Nice introducion. Thanks for sharing part of your life with us.

15 hours ago, TheFriendlyVEGAN said:

Any sort of Nickname?: friends give nicknames, I don’t have friends.

This is place where you can find friends who give you nicknames.

• Like 2