Intermittent Lag on Jay2 and Jay1 today

Act1971

Hi Guys,

I ran winMTR and got these results. I have a static IP on my pc, but the ISP is providing Dynamic IP from the Cable Modem.

I can change the DNS to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8. if needed. Any help will be appreciated. 

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             192.168.1.1 -   87 |   37 |    5 |    0 |    0 |    1 |    1 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   33 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                             100.64.0.22 -    2 |  157 |  155 |    8 |   12 |   30 |   11 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   33 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                         192.168.250.194 -    2 |  157 |  155 |   43 |   47 |   67 |   59 |
|                          62.115.144.130 -    2 |  157 |  155 |   42 |   47 |   67 |   47 |
|                          62.115.119.155 -    2 |  157 |  155 |   55 |   60 |  111 |   58 |
|                          62.115.125.129 -    2 |  153 |  150 |   67 |   71 |   79 |   72 |
|                           62.115.137.99 -    2 |  157 |  155 |   76 |   80 |  105 |   82 |
|                           62.115.149.41 -    2 |  157 |  155 |   77 |   82 |  130 |   79 |
|                           108.61.18.110 -    2 |  151 |  148 |   70 |   76 |  101 |   71 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Edited by Act1971

• Leader

Who is your Service Provider?

I am getting some odd results when looking up some of the IPs in your listing.  :?: 

I have the same problem in beginners 2, for some weeks. so so so high ping connection interrupted and just in beginners 2

I have reboot rooter, antivirus anti spam ( i ve run those probrams) and nothing solved

Please tell me what can I do..

Even I have installed the game again from the beginning in other hard drive and nothing...

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Act1971 said:

|                             192.168.1.1 -   87 |   37 |    5 |    0 |    0 |    1 |    1 |

Numbers don't add up. First hop says 37 pack send and some places you have 151  and then at another 100. Can you please share the screenshot? 

21 minutes ago, DONALD82 said:

I have the same problem in beginners 2, for some weeks. so so so high ping connection interrupted and just in beginners 2

I have reboot rooter, antivirus anti spam ( i ve run those probrams) and nothing solved

Please tell me what can I do..

Even I have installed the game again from the beginning in other hard drive and nothing...

Run this and share the SS -  Use 30 days free trial version.

https://www.pingplotter.com/

• Like 1

The first hop has huge loss. Maybe something is wrong with your PC-router connection. first hop is your router if i'm not wrong. So if you are using wifi, try using ethernet cable and redoing the winmtr. IF you are using ethernet cable, try a different one, if same maybe something is wrong with your internet settings? I'm not sure, this was about what solved the loss on the first hop for me back in the day.

Edited by Carbonautics
  • Like 2

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look at the ethernet cable. I didn't have this intermittent lag few weeks ago though. I suspect the ISP is having issues with the demand right now that most people are working from home, but they'll most probably not admit that

They will never say it's their fault, if they do they are a keeper. But even with isp issues you will never get >1% loss on 1 or 2 first hops. Because first one should be your router and 2nd should be modem(if they are different devices). So something is wrong between our pc and your router.

Keep in mind 1% is worst case, 3 members of your family using wifi watching 4k netflix, I can only think of that is what would cause 1% loss if loss does exist.

Edited by Carbonautics
  • Like 1

• Leader

Could first try resetting the modem/gateway/whatever.  Turn the power off, wait a few minutes and then turn the power back on.  My internet cable provider suggests doing that once a week anyway, to install any pending updates.  Some devices may have 'reset buttons' of some kind.

I have already assumed that you have turned your computer off since the trouble started. :D 

• Platinum VIP

Just to compare, this is mine. What are the No Response From Host, btw,  and how does that affect network traffic?

Annotation 2020-05-16 065556.jpg

Those hops do not respond to your ping requests, idk why and how they do it, but it shouldn't have much effect afaik as long as the packets sent from pc/ or the first hop should be equivalent to the last one? Meaning that packet are reaching the server ,but those same packets don't reach the in-between servers which gives you no response from host. That's my understanding idk if it's right.

• Administrators
On 5/14/2020 at 9:47 PM, Act1971 said:

Hi,

These are WinMTR screenshots from today. I reinstalled Windows 10 and all the regular applications I use yesterday.

WinmTr_Jay1.jpg

WinmTr_Jay2.JPG

You are only sending 14 packets and 38 packets in both. Run min for 100 packets to capture higher picture. Try ping plotter as well. 

I don't know why your PC or modem is blocking ICMP pings. I don't see any packet loss in either or screenshot. Zero packet loss for me from those SS. 

6 hours ago, Carbonautics said:

Those hops do not respond to your ping requests, idk why and how they do it, but it shouldn't have much effect afaik as long as the packets sent from pc/ or the first hop should be equivalent to the last one? Meaning that packet are reaching the server ,but those same packets don't reach the in-between servers which gives you no response from host. That's my understanding idk if it's right.

Few reasons:

100% loss is not actually packet loss. If packet loss then it should show up in last hop. Once u trigger packet to target - u see between hops reply or not. In many cases in between hops don't reply because - 

a) ICMP blocked

b) QoS

c) Partial QoS - active/inactive based on load

Always monitor last hop - in this case, I don't see packet drops. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Just to compare, this is mine. What are the No Response From Host, btw,  and how does that affect network traffic?

Annotation 2020-05-16 065556.jpg

Your first hop has average latency of 5 ms - that's fucked up and worst 13 ms is bad as well. Other then that you need to run winMTR for 100 packets. 

• Platinum VIP
49 minutes ago, daredevil said:

Your first hop has average latency of 5 ms - that's f***ed up and worst 13 ms is bad as well. Other then that you need to run winMTR for 100 packets. 

The hop to my router could be jacked because it's an old Ethernet cable that runs outside my house form the room with the modem to the room with the desktop and the casing is probably getting rotted

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                  Linksys60472.iTV-3.com -    0 |  107 |  107 |    0 |    4 |   12 |   10 |
|                            23.249.47.10 -    0 |  107 |  107 |    2 |    7 |   18 |   16 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   21 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   21 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|ce-0-8-0-3.r08.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net -    0 |  107 |  107 |    6 |    8 |   21 |    6 |
|     ae-0.r20.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net -    0 |  107 |  107 |    6 |    9 |   74 |    9 |
|     ae-6.r21.nwrknj03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net -    1 |  103 |  102 |   23 |   28 |   42 |   24 |
|     ae-1.a01.nycmny17.us.bb.gin.ntt.net -    0 |  107 |  107 |   24 |   26 |   43 |   24 |
|  ae-1.choopa.nycmny17.us.bb.gin.ntt.net -    0 |  107 |  107 |   25 |   31 |   73 |   29 |
|              108-61-18-110.constant.com -    0 |  107 |  107 |   26 |   28 |   41 |   28 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Edited by -=HipKat=-