NQ hit detection

Th3N0ob3r

Since I played NQ for a long time ages ago I wanted to give it a shot again after mostly sticking to Jaymod and Silent in the last few years. After playing on NQ1(nq1.clan-fa.com) for a few rounds I recognise that I am absolutly terrible with hitting enemys in NQ much worse than the other two mods.

I know that the mods all have differences in hit detection etc. but what confuses me in NQ is that I receive a visual feedback for hitting enemys (little dust popping up) but the shot doesnt register unless I also receive the audio feedback for hitting a shot. In the few rounds I played it was often the case that I could see the visual feedback but they didnt register and it is really frustrating when it looks like I am hitting 5 times in the head region but I deal no dmg at all.

It mostly happens when the enemy is moving around and I dont think it happend if an enemy stays still or runs in a straight line at me.

Since NQ1 is in germany my ping is displayed ingame with 2-8 and I dont think the lagometer does anything crazy when I play on NQ1. I still tested the connection twice with WinMTR to nq1.clan.fa.com but I am not entirely sure how to read it. It does look like that I have a  package loss in some nodes but I dont know if those nodes are actually related to my connection to the server. The WinMTR results are hidden in the spoiler.

Now I am wondering if the visual feedback isnt even related to hitting in NQ or something could be wrong in my cfg in NQ which should more or less be the same what is in my cfg for silent/jaymod or if it is actually a problem with my connection to NQ1. It could also be that I  just play absolutly horrible when I play NQ but I just hope that thats not the case.

Spoiler

1st test:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                            speedport.ip -    0 |  150 |  150 |    0 |    0 |   15 |    1 |
|                          xx.xxx.xxx.xxx -    0 |  150 |  150 |    3 |    3 |   24 |    5 |
|                n-ea9-i.N.DE.NET.DTAG.DE -    7 |  121 |  113 |    0 |   14 |   99 |   10 |
|                n-ea9-i.N.DE.NET.DTAG.DE -    7 |  121 |  113 |    0 |   13 |   99 |    9 |
|                          80.157.206.242 -   94 |   32 |    2 |    0 |   11 |   11 |   11 |
|                 core23.fsn1.hetzner.com -   60 |   45 |   18 |    0 |   14 |   26 |   14 |
|              ex9k2.dc3.fsn1.hetzner.com -    0 |  150 |  150 |   13 |   14 |   32 |   13 |
|static.133.72.63.178.clients.your-server.de -    0 |  150 |  150 |   11 |   12 |   31 |   11 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

2nd test:   
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                            speedport.ip -    0 |  251 |  251 |    0 |    0 |   12 |    0 |
|                          xx.xxx.xxx.xxx -    0 |  251 |  251 |    3 |    3 |   30 |    3 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   51 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   51 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                          80.157.206.242 -   91 |   55 |    5 |    0 |   12 |   16 |   11 |
|                 core23.fsn1.hetzner.com -    7 |  200 |  186 |   13 |   15 |   49 |   21 |
|              ex9k2.dc3.fsn1.hetzner.com -    0 |  251 |  251 |   13 |   14 |  142 |   14 |
|static.133.72.63.178.clients.your-server.de -    0 |  251 |  251 |   11 |   12 |   44 |   12 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

• Like 1
  • 100 1

I've noticed issues with NQ too and I've just written it off as the mod having bad hitboxes so I don't play on that mod.

• 100 1

So with bad hitboxes you mean something like the game gives you feedback for hitting the displayed model but NQ hitboxes are smaller or something so the mod/server tells you your shots missed?

Tried to catch a good demo to look at it in slomo but somehow cg_autoAction 7 doesnt start a replay... dumps my stats in a txt and takes a screenshot but I have to manually start the demo after each round which I tend to forget. Else I would have catched me shooting at a still standing target and "missing".

I don't think that it's server fault, I don't have any problem with my aim on NQ1

edit:

you can also run pingplotter to check connection quality between your pc and  Nq1

I've noticed it too, and getting a hit and not registering it may not be notorious, but it DOES happen, at least for me. And before anyone says that it's just bad aim, why the visual cue of enemies being hit, and blood splatters on the wall behind them, if I didnt connect my shot at all?

8 minutes ago, Xiahou Dun said:

I've noticed it too, and getting a hit and not registering it may not be notorious, but it DOES happen, at least for me. And before anyone says that it's just bad aim, why the visual cue of enemies being hit, and blood splatters on the wall behind them, if I didnt connect my shot at all?

bad aim :D

from today (no bots)

354776.thumb.jpg.56844bbb144559d489ff33a7d1f45e94.jpg

• Love 1

I've had it for years tbh when every so often i get what i call the "blank" bullet effect where IMHO the shot should of hit yet never seems to "connect", had it for a long time on NQ1 and it tends to be when the server gets busy. I find i have to press fire, release and hold fire again as quick as possible to get a good "hit detection".

Sometimes i find upping or lowering FOV by 1 point can make a difference. 

I blame the fact its a windows NQ install. :) Linux FTW

We cant all be wrong.

Edited by Snuffs99

39 minutes ago, Siwex89 said:

bad aim :D

from today (no bots)

354776.thumb.jpg.56844bbb144559d489ff33a7d1f45e94.jpg

81 HS on 92 kills = you suck! :crazy Beat those stats and i hail you as NQ master

IMG_1362.jpg.a40d1c3d410772c5a5f0a748ade799f0.jpg

Now on topic: Personally i hate the NQ aim/hitboxes/hitscan with a passion (eventhough i just play NQ nowadays lol).
But in comparison to etpro it just feels "off". For me it often feels like the hitboxes dont match the player models whilst players are moving. So when you crouch and aim at headlevel i often just land bodyshots and whilst strafing i often dont even hit a single bullet eventhough being cleary on the model and close range.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Infiltrate said:

81 HS on 92 kills = you suck! :crazy Beat those stats and i hail you as NQ master

Offtopic: You realise that Siwex89 is the one with more Hs than you in the SS while obviously having less kills 😅

Edit to add something ontopic: From the rounds I played so far I am consistend with ~30% acc with one game on Beach invasion where I defended the staircase leading to the cp where I pretty much only shot in a line and got 40%. What I found absolutly strange is that I somehow hit 30% acc today aswell although I am dead tired since I couldnt really sleep last night.

Edited by Th3N0ob3r
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Th3N0ob3r said:

Offtopic: You realise that Siwex89 is the one with more Hs than you in the SS while obviously having less kills 😅

Thats why i posted it ;)
we have a friendly banter for years :)
he normally goes for the acc and i prefer going for hs.
This round it was the other way around.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

I've had the same problem, my accuracy on most other gamemodes is around the 40% mark yet when i play on Nq i struggle to get anywhere close to 30% unless i play with sten.

The same problem, i can see the puffs of smoke for hits yet do no damage, also often feels like other players have either 50% more damage resistance than I do or my bullets do less damage because of it i think.

Perhaps its a fov problem for me because sometimes when players sprint I have problems tracking them, however it usually also depends on which players im against. As of late some italian players seem to have some of the magic settings that make me unable to hit anything on them while they kill me really quickly.

38 minutes ago, Infiltrate said:

Now on topic: Personally i hate the NQ aim/hitboxes/hitscan with a passion (eventhough i just play NQ nowadays lol).
But in comparison to etpro it just feels "off". For me it often feels like the hitboxes dont match the player models whilst players are moving. So when you crouch and aim at headlevel i often just land bodyshots and whilst strafing i often dont even hit a single bullet eventhough being cleary on the model and close range.

you just put knife in my heart with that screen 🤯

how could you 😱

lool :crazy

sorry for offtopic :)

• Haha 1

I just chalked it down to the cause being the mod. Going from silent or jaymod to NQ, it takes a while to get used to aiming there for sure. You can get 45+ acc on silent/jay but then get 25 on nq1 :D 

@Siwex89 you are just a hacker, you dont count. :D 

• Haha 2
  • 100 1