Decay_b7 - Enemy Territory Map

Dynasty

Was able to get on this morning and tried that and got the same error. Nothing seems to work. Tried 128, 192, 196, 256, 512. Did each one with /set and without and it made no difference. Each time it tells me it will change upon restarting. I restart ET, log on to HC and get the same exact error. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Raw64life

You may need to add the cmd on the quicklaunch target line. Right clicl your mouse on et, select properties and add the line.

Mine looks like this: "D:\Wolfenstein - Enemy territory\etl.exe" +connect  "silent1.clan-fa.com:27960" +set "net_port  27961" +set  "com_hunkmegs 256" +set  "com_zonemegs 512" +set "com_soundmegs 128"

36 minutes ago, RendeL said:

You may need to add the cmd on the quicklaunch target line. Right clicl your mouse on et, select properties and add the line.

Mine looks like this: "D:\Wolfenstein - Enemy territory\etl.exe" +connect  "silent1.clan-fa.com:27960" +set "net_port  27961" +set  "com_hunkmegs 256" +set  "com_zonemegs 512" +set "com_soundmegs 128"

Just tried it to no avail. Replaced "silent1.clan-fa.com:27960" with "hc.clan-fa.com:27960" since it's the hardcore server. It tried to connect to HC right away so I know I copied and pasted into the right place. But I got the same exact error.

Maybe I'm just not meant to play this map lol

Edit: I tried connecting again, and while decay was already over, it wouldn't load the next map either (no error message though, just stuck on the map loading screen). So I changed the hunks to 128 and then it loaded. Maybe I'll try it with 128 next time it comes back around.

Edited by Raw64life
  • Like 1

Well instead of going from "Awaiting Gamestate" directly to the error message, 128 hunks at least shows me the name of the map and the loading bar before giving me the error lol

I'll tinker with it some more later and see if I can get lucky.

Great job!

But, as you know, it's too dark for me. The worst is in the second part of the map. I can hardly recognize who's who, and I have gamma 2.85.

Edited by ed_

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Raw64life said:

Well instead of going from "Awaiting Gamestate" directly to the error message, 128 hunks at least shows me the name of the map and the loading bar before giving me the error lol

I'll tinker with it some more later and see if I can get lucky.

Start ET. Open console - do \com_hunkmegs and press Enter. Share what it says - 

image.png

• Like 1

The command to put in your cfg is : 

seta com_hunkmegs "256" // prevent crashing when playing on large maps

ET default hunkmegs value is 56. 

I am working on fixing the issue and release a new version.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 4:58 PM, daredevil said:

Start ET. Open console - do \com_hunkmegs and press Enter. Share what it says - 

image.png

Seems to identify the problem. Not sure what it means other than it's not working tbh

I also manually added seta com_hunkmegs "256"  but it appears to erase it whenever I start ET.

But glad to hear the issue is being worked on.

Untitled.png

Getting the same issue, and my hunkmegs are already at 256. Any chance corrupted map files could be causing this? 

@Raw64life

@bLade.

Please do the following and let me know.

Open ET

Open console and enter the following commands :

/seta com_hunkmegs 512
/seta com_soundmegs 32
/seta com_zonemegs 48
/vid_restart
/writeconfig

Close ET

Open ET

Then if you want to test decay_b6 (or any other maps) just open the console and type /map decay_b6

Just make sure the map pk3 file is in your ET main folder.

Let me know if this fix it for you.

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

@Raw64life

@bLade.

Open ET

/seta com_hunkmegs 512
/seta com_soundmegs 32
/seta com_zonemegs 48
/vid_restart
/writeconfig

Close ET

Open ET

Then if you want to test decay_b6 (or any other maps) just open the console and type /map decay_b6

Tried it and still get the error. Although the number is different now. Used to be "Hunk_Alloc failed on 63904" now its "Hunk_Alloc failed on 2946368"

Have you tried this yet?

Create a short cut of your ET.exe then right click on it, and select properties.

Then in the “Target” text box after ET.exe add this command as follows:

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe +set com_hunkMegs “512” +set com_zoneMegs “32” +set com_soundMegs “48”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Have you tried this yet?

Create a short cut of your ET.exe then right click on it, and select properties.

Then in the “Target” text box after ET.exe add this command as follows:

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe +set com_hunkMegs “512” +set com_zoneMegs “32” +set com_soundMegs “48”

Seems to have done the trick! At least on the map test. Haven't actually tried it on HC yet. But promising.

Thanks!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raw64life said:

Seems to have done the trick! At least on the map test. Haven't actually tried it on HC yet. But promising.

Thanks!

good stuff!

Glad that it is working for you now.

5 hours ago, Dynasty said:

@Raw64life

@bLade.

Open ET

/seta com_hunkmegs 512
/seta com_soundmegs 32
/seta com_zonemegs 48
/vid_restart
/writeconfig

Close ET

Open ET

I had to manually set my hunkmegs by adding a code to my target line. 

• Like 1