ET NQ #1 Opinion on reducing the spam

Pferd

Hi Guys,
im quite sure this post will make the regular panzer hogs, flamer spinners and riflenade users hate me even more but its annoying me personally for quite a while now, so here we go.

Nowadays NQ1 is quite crowded, which isnt a bad thing by itself. But the missing/lax heavy weapon and riflenade regulations turning quite a lot of maps into a crazy slugfest of spam. Most of the time you will find teams of 10 players + consisting of:

- 2 Panzerfausts

- up to 2 flamers

- roughly 50% of the players playing riflenades (cant really say rifle when they fire more riflenades than normal rifle ammunition over the course of a map)

- some medics and covert ops

Every player with a bit of gamesense and knowledge will see that these weapons are heavily overpowered in comparison and therefore nearly always were met with strict regulations. In the current situation good decision making, playing around cover, taking good fights, avoiding bad fights etc. isnt even close to being rewarding. I get that NQ1 is a fun server, but the definition of fun cant be giving bad/worse players overpowered weapons based on a lack of will to invest time/effort to get better at the game. The fun behind the usage of multiple heavy weapons or 5-6 rifles in a single team is solely limited to the people using it, not the ones playing against.

All in all i would prefer a stricter regulation, for example:

- Panzerfaust limitied to 1 per team (maybe in combination with the 3 map rule like on Jay1?)

- Flamer limited to 1 per team in combination with better visibility/overheating in accordance with the current flamer thread discussion.

- Limiting the usage of riflenades to like 3 per team. maybe like 4 when there are 12+ players (is there a possibilty to disable solely riflenades and not the rifle? So an unlimited amount of rifles can be used but just a limited amount of people can use riflenades)

In the end thats just my 2 cents, but i would like to see the opinion of other regulars and maybe admins, since after some talks im apparently not the only being bothered by it. Thanks for reading that wall of text.

Edited by Infiltrate
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

Thank you for bringing it to the forums where it belongs, and tbh i agree with your suggestions.

Limiting riflenade but not engie class is a certainly a good idea and has worked well from what i've seen on other servers, as is limiting the map times a player can hold panzer/bazooka for as it allows others to play with it from time to time, this works well from what i've seen on FA Jaymod etc.

Flamer is in the process of being "sorted" to help reduce its power and lack of visibility for other players getting fried to death. 

I really do see where your coming from with regards to "fun" but what you have to try and see is that not everyone is going to be as good a player as you or some others on NQ1, no matter how hard they try or train,,,,,so while yes flamer, panzer or even a rifle nade might p*ss you off or frustrate you when they kill you, you have to also think that is only a small part of the frustration some of those same players have when trying to kill good shooters like yourself without those sort of weapons.

That said i do think NQ1 can be made fun for all (or at least the majority) if suggestions and opinions like your own above are left here in the forums.

Also not one of your suggestions above but have heard a few wanting mines to be limited and TBH i'm not into limiting mines any more than they are while everyone can spot mines, so maybe if mines are to be limited then allow only co ops to spot them.

Thank you again for the post and frag you soon. ;) ...well i'll try

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

All in all i would prefer a stricter regulation, for example:

- Panzerfaust limitied to 1 per team (maybe in combination with the 3 map rule like on Jay1?)

- Flamer limited to 1 per team in combination with better visibility/overheating in accordance with the current flamer thread discussion.

- Limiting the usage of riflenades to like 3 per team. maybe like 4 when there are 12+ players (is there a possibilty to disable solely riflenades and not the rifle? So an unlimited amount of rifles can be used but just a limited amount of people can use riflenades)

In the end thats just my 2 cents, but i would like to see the opinion of other regulars and maybe admins, since after some talks im apparently not the only being bothered by it. Thanks for reading that wall of text.

+1 Riflenades if you don't want to limit it recharge bar should restore longer to prevent ppl from spamming.

Also not one of your suggestions above but have heard a few wanting mines to be limited and TBH i'm not into limiting mines any more than they are while everyone can spot mines, so maybe if mines are to be limited then allow only co ops to spot them.

Yeah most of ppl spotting them and next step is leave this mines spotted, instead of destroying them by nade . 30 landmines is way too much.

• Thanks 1

I am glad to see more suggestions for NQ1 coming in from our regulars. Keep the discussions up and civil. Despite the outcome of the suggestions, remember we all want nq1 to be as great as possible. :)

Keep it up fellas.

• Like 3
  • 100 2

This is all true what you wrote here, guys, and it's probably as old as ET itself :)

Balance between pure SMG 1 vs 1 duels on one side and HW / nade / arty festivals on the other is tricky as you can't make everyone happy at the same time. The only thing I would suggest when implementing changes is to introduce them gradually, one by one to see what the feedback from the players look like. Turning gameplay 180 degress can make some people switch to other servers.

Also, when taking some measures for one class, you might think of a counterpunch for the other, like:

- riflenades and HW reduced, but then maybe medics with SMGs shouldn't be able to heal themselves with medpacks

- numbers of mines reduced, but then maybe only covert ops can spot them,

- etc, you get the idea

All in all, I think some small tests wouldn't harm server's popularity that much.

Cheers

Timon

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 11:50 PM, Bobekk said:

Yeah most of ppl spotting them and next step is leave this mines spotted, instead of destroying them by nade . 30 landmines is way too much.

When I discover mines usually I leave them. For 1 reason. When spotted, every team mate can see them (even with 0 xp) but most importantly opposite engi can't place new mines as they are limited. Depends on where they are placed. 

• Like 3

My opinion on limiting classes - as said - heavy weapons or riffle n. are usually one of very few "chances" how to get other player for quite few of us (including myself - even tho playing for ages, I won't be pro player and I don't even care about it). So by limiting this we would end up with team of fields (limited arty so nobody would be bothered to be a field), coverts and medics. Now anyone named in this don't take it as an offence but as an example. Can you imagine for example Siwex or Vitosa or weby or others .... playing as a lets say covert? When they would have to go and search med pack after 1 or 2 bullets fortunately landed on them? That would be different story for every team and every game. Cos usually most of good players (by good I mean skilled, easy to kill opponents etc) are playing as a medics. But on the other hand - by limiting medics  per team you would be loved or hated by your team. Nothing between. I know it can be very annoying to be killed but at recent time when servers are pretty full I guess it is price you have to pay before it will go back to "normal" when ppl will be back at work and you'll be happy to have 10 players on. 

Progress is certainly moving in the right direction and while not every suggestion can be put in place many already have.

Heavy weapons have been reduced. Over the past week along with adding new maps to the server Daredevil has been working hard bringing suggestions to life on the server. These include reducing flamer, venom and rifle nades per team when less than 12 etc.

While suggestions are always welcome please remember that too much change at once can be counter-productive to a server.

Change is being made. ;) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

• Administrators
On 4/26/2020 at 6:16 PM, Infiltrate said:

This is done but I forgot to report. S!mples is correct. 

On 4/26/2020 at 6:16 PM, Infiltrate said:

This one we will change base on player count and is work in progress. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

About the panzer.

I dont use the panzer, as it never gave me any fun, but I think a good way to solve the problem with it is if you kill yourself, lets say 3 times with a panzer, you are assigned a BAR/STG44 respectively, and you cant pick the panzer back for the duration of this map. Because more often than not, its not about shooting someone with panzer from far away, which I can accept, since its not as easy as it sounds, but rather peeking from around the corner at point blank and shooting the ground. Effectively punishing people that self-kill with panzer to get 1 kill from ground shot would encourage to play more carefully and tactically with panzer, like destroying vehicles or blocking off chokepoints as a team, not wololo suicide rush.

• Like 3
  • 100 2

47 minutes ago, Xiahou Dun said:

About the panzer.

I dont use the panzer, as it never gave me any fun, but I think a good way to solve the problem with it is if you kill yourself, lets say 3 times with a panzer, you are assigned a BAR/STG44 respectively, and you cant pick the panzer back for the duration of this map. Because more often than not, its not about shooting someone with panzer from far away, which I can accept, since its not as easy as it sounds, but rather peeking from around the corner at point blank and shooting the ground. Effectively punishing people that self-kill with panzer to get 1 kill from ground shot would encourage to play more carefully and tactically with panzer, like destroying vehicles or blocking off chokepoints as a team, not wololo suicide rush.

There actually used to be a "thing" on NQ where if you killed too many teammates with panzer/bazooka instead of firing rockets it would pump out med packs. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, daredevil said:

This is done but I forgot to report. S!mples is correct. 

This one we will change base on player count and is work in progress. 

Big big thanks for all the work DD and S!mp! Really appreciate it 🥳

52 minutes ago, Xiahou Dun said:

About the panzer.

The Panzer selfkilling can be annoying when the Soldier is doing it right, you will mostly need 3 good headshots to stop him and if he starts charging whilst peeking even that will not be enough. Personally i can live with it when its a single Panzerfaust. And especially versus players aiming for the ground you can still use a good timed /kill bind so he will blow up himself without getting a kill. Thats enough revenge for me.

Nevertheless i really appreciate all the comments and suggestions. Never expected that amount of participation!

Edited by Infiltrate
  • Like 3
  • 100 1

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Infiltrate said:

Nevertheless i really appreciate all the comments and suggestions. Never expected that amount of participation!

Nothing goes unseen in long run. Most of our members and in our community real life first so we do changes as soon as we can. But big thanks to s!mples for creating summarized list. 

I see one problem though - we run too many servers and eventually some suggestions go unseen because everything on forum is in 1 category/section. I will create another one so once implemented - it either moves to completed or denied suggestion category. So that user gets feedback. Right now even if we discuss, we forget to post sometimes since people use Discord, Telegram, PM's, etc. and original person who created topic might not get update. 

Will also add some dedicated moderators for suggestion section to keep it clean and nice. 

Thank you. 

• Like 2
  • 100 2

39 minutes ago, daredevil said:

I see one problem though - we run too many servers and eventually some suggestions go unseen because everything on forum is in 1 category/section. I will create another one so once implemented - it either moves to completed or denied suggestion category. So that user gets feedback. Right now even if we discuss, we forget to post sometimes since people use Discord, Telegram, PM's, etc. and original person who created topic might not get update. 

Will also add some dedicated moderators for suggestion section to keep it clean and nice. 

Thank you. 

How about having a subsection for each server? Would that work well or is it too much changing it now/a bit overkill?

Could make each admin on that server a moderator of just that section, server suggestions and complaints could go in the right place so admins know if it happened on their server and need to get involved etc. I can see quite a few upsides to it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, daredevil said:

Nothing goes unseen in long run. Most of our members and in our community real life first so we do changes as soon as we can. But big thanks to s!mples for creating summarized list. 

I see one problem though - we run too many servers and eventually some suggestions go unseen because everything on forum is in 1 category/section. I will create another one so once implemented - it either moves to completed or denied suggestion category. So that user gets feedback.

More than welcome for the list. ;) 

Whilst speaking to players their biggest gripe was the fact that they sometimes felt nothing changed or that their suggestions simply fell on deaf ears...Given that it makes total sense to treat suggestions in the manor you've stated so players do get some sort of feedback. I think that is a great idea and would probably go a long way to streamlining the suggestion process.

Really appreciate the work all =F|A= members put in to the servers and a big thanks to yourself Daredevil for being active this last week on NQ1 and putting changes in place, its certainly not gone unnoticed and the over all feedback i get from players is very positive. 

As always feel free to msg me if you need any help with anything. ;)   

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1