Windows Prof Tony Build

Professor Tony

My goodness, this build is one of the most beautiful builds I have seen! Honestly like you said it might cost a fortune which I have no doubt and I am not the one to judge you. But you already explained yourself you want it to last at least 8 years and I have absolutely no doubt this will even last more than 8 years with that many cores/threads easily as I like your way of thinking about the future!

maybe from the picture it looks like the desktop is sitting on the carpet, but knowing you well enough now, I believe you so have some sort of cover or piece under neath that protects it haha. (I get triggered and worries)

This is an insane build nothing compared to mine ! Props for coming up with such a build like that man really amazed me! 

On a side note:

Maybe have a benchmark for some games just to see the comparison for example when I get mine build or something ? Idk just curious to see this wicked build perform haha!

Heady

• Like 1

Looks really nice, certainly ok for RAM, 

Love secret labs chairs, i used to have one but couldn't afford one this time round so i ended up with a nice office type chair for $100, does the job.

Also the 970 SSD is nice move, very quick and also my choice of SSD.

I actually like the case too, i was going to get the same one but wasn't keen on the X across each fan so went for the coolermaster M530 instead...but i actually like yours now i've seen a proper picture of it, can see the front panel is far enough away from the front fans to allow good air flow, does it have any mesh though on the front to prevent dust intake?

I take it the dell E2210 monitors are from your old build and just reused them?

Certainly a system to be envious of though thats for sure.

128GB of RAM....LMFAO, thats just nuts. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeadhunterZ said:

On a side note:

Maybe have a benchmark for some games just to see the comparison for example when I get mine build or something ? Idk just curious to see this wicked build perform haha!

I will look into it. I may play around with overclocking a bit just havent had time. 

36 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

does it have any mesh though on the front to prevent dust intake?

I take it the dell E2210 monitors are from your old build and just reused them?

Yes is does have a removable mesh filter that cuts down on the dust intake.

I actually reused all 3 monitors, Video card, speakers, keyboard, mouse, and the second drive. 

Just like I will do on this one, as my needs changed, I upgraded some of my components to fulfill these needs. 

Can you really have too much ram? Google chrome likes to hog it so I made sure I had plenty to spare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Professor Tony said:

Can you really have too much ram? Google chrome likes to hog it so I made sure I had plenty to spare.

Don't overclock it mate, just not needed in this day and age, certainly wont be needed on that PC.

I wont say yes to having too much RAM as 20+ years ago i bought a 30GB HDD for £120 and the wife went mad.......I said yeah but i'll never use all that space (the win 98 days), Some games are double that nowadays and don't worry she still reminds me of my monumental fook up and what i said. :D:D 

Nice system though and like i said its certainly one to make peeps envious.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

X570 E - I got same mobo.. dude how's wifi 6 on it? I have nothing but issues with this one!  This 300ms latency spikes fk me up!

image.png

@Professor Tony 128GB RAM? Holy fuck! 

4 hours ago, daredevil said:

X570 E - I got same mobo.. dude how's wifi 6 on it? I have nothing but issues with this one!  This 300ms latency spikes fk me up!

I honestly haven't used the wifi. I may at some point but I ran cat 6 in my house so I take advantage of the 2.5gb ethernet connection. Did you verify that your bios is up to date?

Very nice Tony!! How are you liking the 2070 super? I will be building a new pc over the next few months (buying pieces slowly) and the first piece to my new system is an EVGA 2070 SUPER FTW.

8 minutes ago, Corey said:

Very nice Tony!! How are you liking the 2070 super? I will be building a new pc over the next few months (buying pieces slowly) and the first piece to my new system is an EVGA 2070 SUPER FTW.

Dude I love it. It runs around 120 fps pretty stable at 2560x1440. I think you will be happy with it. You can run MSI afterburner and play with it a bit. You will have to keep us updated with your build!

Just now, Professor Tony said:

Dude I love it. It runs around 120 fps pretty stable at 2560x1440. I think you will be happy with it. You can run MSI afterburner and play with it a bit. You will have to keep us updated with your build!

Cool! I have a 1440p monitor so that's good to hear. I'm having to upgrade from a MSI r9 390 after it decided to die. It did fine for me, but at 1440p it struggled at times.