ET NQ #1 Flamethrower suggestion

BaBeLo

Hoi,

idk if its not here already, but i would like to say something about flamethrower on NQ1 server, and i hope it could be reworked or changed. First of all its annoyin to play vs player who use flame 24/7 but well its his choose but flame dmg on NQ1 is like 1 cloud of flame is killing u like paper, so first things is if the dmg of flame could be lowered. Second thing i would love it ( and many others too) that flame user should be able to flame himself if he will run with it, cuz ppls just fire and jumping around no matter on aim and its heroicly annoyin to play vs that, and ff of flame would be rly good thing cuz ppls wouldnt take it that often cuz they would die before they kill something. Well thats all from me i hope i didnt missed topic about flamethrower somewhere. :) 

BaBeLo 😌

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1

+100 On maps

sp_delivery_te(control room allways 2 flamers)

Goldrush-GALS(basixc (if playing allies)mostly times doing it on Axis Spawn jump around axis players and keep flaming

Oasis_SW- Upper Grotto-When players just sitting there with flamethrower which having a range,allies players unable to reach axis player who use flamethrower even with r nade.

So flamethrower flaming himself is good idea

Edited by Punitron
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

54 minutes ago, Bobekk said:

But i think it's not gonna work when Friendly Fire is disabled.

I dnt mean friendly fire liek that u will flame ur teammates but u should be able to flame urself when u run with flame. Cuz now all just press mouse and run with flame on and nobody see anything and flamer will not die cuz he cant die by his own flame.

5 hours ago, BaBeLo said:

Hoi,

idk if its not here already, but i would like to say something about flamethrower on NQ1 server, and i hope it could be reworked or changed. First of all its annoyin to play vs player who use flame 24/7 but well its his choose but flame dmg on NQ1 is like 1 cloud of flame is killing u like paper, so first things is if the dmg of flame could be lowered. Second thing i would love it ( and many others too) that flame user should be able to flame himself if he will run with it, cuz ppls just fire and jumping around no matter on aim and its heroicly annoyin to play vs that, and ff of flame would be rly good thing cuz ppls wouldnt take it that often cuz they would die before they kill something. Well thats all from me i hope i didnt missed topic about flamethrower somewhere. :) 

BaBeLo 😌

Completely agree with this

• Like 2

My video showing you that we can't do much with disabled friendly fire. And 2nd thing is even if somehow friendly fire gonna be enabled(but i don't believe this). That gonna be madness for regular players because they was playing without friendly fire for years so they don't have knowledge. Imagine now you playing as allies medic and you shooting each other with axis medic and 2 scenarios:

FF Disabled- From nowhere coming a soldier with panzer/bazzoka,he shoot and killing only you, Axis medic is alive.

FF Enabled-  From nowhere coming a soldier with panzer/bazzoka,he shoot and he kills you and teamkilling axis medic.

I would love to see a FF enabled on NQ1 but seems that never happen.

• Like 1

I would like to have ff disabled but somehow make flame able to kill the owner only not teammates if its even posible so idk. thats why i posted this topic.

• Like 1

I've tested all values of g_firendlyfire 1/2/4/8/16/32/64 according to wiki . Only enabled g_friendlyfire 1 working with flamethrower which hurting himself , so you had to live with it or take out flamethrower user faster :D. Ofc there is a way to script this weapon by edit values of running speed or decrease damage of this weapon.

• Like 2

Well first of all this game should be about fun. So if killed by panza or flame, why would you take it so seriously? Check my stats and you'll see I was killed aprox 2000 times and i killed somebody else aprox 2000 times. My ratio is like 1.2 i think. And it doesn't bother me at all. I was called by names so many times cos of my panza or flame kills and mostly it was for ruining of opponents killing spree . Cos if killing spree or kills are things which I care most about then I would go to beginners server. I always have to laugh when challenged by killed player saying stuff like "You wouldn't kill me by normal weapon" etc.. There is advantage and disadvantage for every class. Medics are having about 10 med points more then others, etc. Acc and damage by engis nade gun. Running with flame or panza is already slower then other, so is charging of panza when you can easily hit us while we try to change our weapons etc etc. Also remember - if you can't see where I am cos of flames, same it is for me. I can't see where you are cos of flames and it is usually just guessing.  And I am going to say this one as well. As a player who is on 6th position at servers stats for time spent by playing there I am always wondering what it means that "most of us, lots of us" etc.  cos I don't see that comments on servers. And as I mentioned most of this complains are from few well skilled players (ego?). I'm not trying to provoke or argue here. Not bothered. I just have different opinion as there are always at least 2 versions or 2 sides of a coin. 

• Like 1

IMO I wouldn't touch HW on NQ1, many players loves those guns  and most of them don't have vary good SMG aim as others, so this is good for them to get some nice frags.

But I would love to take some damage from shougun, so in close combat @BaBeLo would need 2 clean shots instead of one to get kill.  :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Nobody can see in flame ofc, cuz ppls dont care where they shoot, they just run with flame on a spreading it everywhere thats why i would like to have flame with ability to kill his owner when He/She just run with it( And yea ik why u Will defense flame cuz u basically never use any other wpn ford :) ) but Its Ur choice, but for many ppls its just annoyin thing to fight ppls which r only running with that wpn And ruining whole map with it. :)

And about shotgun u need to have good Aim to do 1shot kills Its not like flame or panzer . :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BaBeLo said:

And about shotgun u need to have good Aim to do 1shot kills Its not like flame or panzer . :)

just teasing you :DD 
thx to you much more people are using that gun. and I think that's great 😝

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
20 hours ago, BaBeLo said:

Nobody can see in flame ofc, cuz ppls dont care where they shoot, they just run with flame on a spreading it everywhere thats why i would like to have flame with ability to kill his owner when He/She just run with it( And yea ik why u Will defense flame cuz u basically never use any other wpn ford :) ) but Its Ur choice, but for many ppls its just annoyin thing to fight ppls which r only running with that wpn And ruining whole map with it. :)

THIS is my issue with Flame (And gas/smoke) is it blocks teammates from seeing anything around the Flamer who just pulls the trigger. The BEST thing is to limit it's charge, like Dyno, Rifle Nades, etc are, if that's possible so the Flmae user can't just stand there pulling the trigger, non-stop

• Like 1
  • 100 1

On 4/10/2020 at 7:29 PM, BaBeLo said:

Hoi,

BaBeLo 😌

We are currently talking about lowering flamethrower damage on NQ1.

Unfortunately, we can't enable selfdamage because we would have to turn FF on, which is a whole different ballpark altogether. 

• Sad 1