Website Coronavirus Updates

-=HipKat=-

• Administrators

I hope everyone is safe!  I am good for now. Prayers for all human beings. Fucking biological warfare has begin! I don't believe it came for bat shit or whatever animals. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • 100 2

• Leader
On 3/20/2020 at 10:55 AM, notellenPage said:

@MikeSlayer Hey there, your memes are quite funny but could you keep them out of this convo and post them in the right topic and stick to the theme here? :D

/split all the humorous pics and vids to a new topic in the Spam Forum

• 100 3

Yes lets stick to the real news here.

Speaking of which, I saw a news from Finland, where ppl from south having this area of most infected, they have gone to north on ski resorts as thousands of ppl. Now north didn't have any infections few days ago and now hundreds off ppl are in quarantine because of infection. How fcking dumb ppl can really be!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprise 1

• Platinum VIP

My sources are confirming a US Nationwide "lockdown" in the next 48 hours

I still believe this is just a convincingly scary enough of a virus to enact a dress rehearsal, initiated by the powers that be (G7??) to gauge our reactions to collect data for when something really big hits

• Like 2

It's important for Americans to understand this graph.

While we cannot effectively reduce the total cases, we can reduce the run on hospitals.  See, the danger is inability to get treatment due to too many cases.  Since you cannot reduce the total cases over time, in our case- we attempt to control how many show up at hospitals.  This is why you non-essential personnel need to stay home.  The rest of us must take our chances, as in my case- I'm part of the vital, life sustaining food supply lab testing sector. 

The good news is that we're very good at this, as U.S. citizens, we tend to be highly responsible and on top of the news.  The other good news is that at least for Northeast North America (our lab is large and tests that entire region and beyond)- THERE ARE NO DISRUPTIONS IN THE FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN YET.  If you're a farmer, or even a home gardener, do not let COVID19 prevent you from planting.  As the world becomes less and less centralized, each individual becomes more effective and important.

Stay vigilant, stay informed, keep your cortisol levels down, be rested, clean, and well nourished, and don't panic.  The world is still not ending.

<3,

Dan, a.k.a. .$F#smAsh o'mAsh

covid_USA_model.jpeg

• Like 1

lockdown began in india , some states has lockdown till march 31, even our state is planning it . so till 31 march no one should be out of house . the cases are increasing in india slowly . i hope there wont be anymore deaths and any new cases in phase 3 . Its really scary times for all of us around the world. lets hope everyone is safe from this pandemic and lets pray for all. may god have mercy on us .

• Like 1

The real test according to what I've read and heard is getting the hospitals around the world adequately equipped with the resources they need to fight this.

Without the masks, the gloves, hand sanitizer, etc. it won't be easy. The hospitals are saying they are not sufficiently supplied right now as the pandemic numbers grow each day. 

Governments need to stop talking about what they promise to do and just do it.

• Like 1
  • 100 2

As I have read in government websites Mexico is closing borders and implementation of DN-III-E plan wich is when a disaster, of any kind, happens to the country: militarization takes place.

We sadly hold 251 infected and 2 deaths.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, L3ftY. said:

The real test according to what I've read and heard is getting the hospitals around the world adequately equipped with the resources they need to fight this.

Without the masks, the gloves, hand sanitizer, etc. it won't be easy. The hospitals are saying they are not sufficiently supplied right now as the pandemic numbers grow each day. 

Governments need to stop talking about what they promise to do and just do it.

That is the exact problem - lack of gear, especially beds and respirators. I think Hotels should be retrofitted as temporary beds,since no one is travelling and most are probably at their lowest capacity

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

That is the exact problem - lack of gear, especially beds and respirators.

I agree on this and I believe companies are working 24 x 7 to resolve it. I know in my wife company they are working round the clock to provide all stuff to hospitals. Last week she worked 12 hr every single day including weekends.  Problem is till now world didn't needed equipment in this large scale. But also imagine after math. Lot's of this equipment are going to rot and companies renting them would be going in loss soon. Their is no plan for that yet and hence all bio medical companies are getting worried and some are just saying out of stock because they don't want to file losses later. Welcome to corporate logistics. Some private owned companies are actually helping big time. 

16 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

My sources are confirming a US Nationwide "lockdown" in the next 48 hours

Needs to happen for 7 days. Some dumb ass egoistic morons in Boston think they are king and roaming like nothing is happening. Problem is few people can't comprehend simple logic and they are ruining it for everyone. My company said WFH for all and yet some jerks show up at work and now infecting all the places. 3 tested +ve and i am sure that they have touched many stuff along the way. It should be lock down. If you show up on road, office, etc. without valid reason all your property should be sold and money used to save life for others. It's hard for old people to recover from infection. 

2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I think Hotels should be retrofitted as temporary beds

College dorms are being used at least that's what I heard. 

PS @HipKat I hope all is well at your end. NY numbers are pilling up. Stay safe my friend. 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

On 3/21/2020 at 4:55 PM, daredevil said:

I hope everyone is safe!  I am good for now. Prayers for all human beings. f***ing biological warfare has begin! I don't believe it came for bat shit or whatever animals. 

Who knows?

• Administrators

@ed_ So far in all test no direct co relation was found. Why do China had to kill their own scientist? Something is/was messed up their. 

14 minutes ago, daredevil said:

Why do China had to kill their own scientist? Something is/was messed up their. 

They exonerated him yesterday. A bit late to thank someone after you kill them.

The Chinese government did not want this virus to become known publicly so they arrested and subdued anyone who knew or started talking. I guess basically they didn't want any panic that would hurt their economy. Money of course, being more important than lives.

Screenshot_20200301-121715.png

Edited by L3ftY.
  • Sad 1