Website Coronavirus Updates

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Platonic said:

Just wanted to let you know I think of you. Protect the elderly and vulnerable and combat loneliness with technology, we are good at that last one. This crisis will undoubtedly, like every crisis, show the best and the worst in people.

I'd like to add that this illness can be fight just by playing ET at home from morning till evening for the 2 next weeks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 100 2

On Saturday, March 14 at 12 o'clock there is full border inspection at the Danish / German border.

However, this will not have consequences for truck drivers with goods such as food and medicine.

This is reported by the South and South Jutland police. "

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
On 3/14/2020 at 9:59 AM, RedBaird said:

I am thinking that the the architectural plans already existed.  I wonder if this is a sort of "standard hospital plan" in China?  // Yes, it is //

From BusinessInsider, " Feb 5, 2020,"  A construction expert broke down how China built an emergency hospital to treat Wuhan coronavirus patients in just 10 days

Snippets are in the spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

The 645,000-square-foot makeshift medical facility, which took in its first patients on Tuesday, is made up of two floors and is already equipped with 1,000 beds, several isolation wards, and 30 intensive care units.

Using prefabricated units is the key to constructing a building at such a fast speed, according to David Hartley, managing director of engineering company NTX, which also focuses on hospital construction in the UK.

"Instead of first building the foundation and then following up with the superstructure (ie. the steel frame, the building, and the cladding), prefabricated units allow the construction of the foundation and the building envelope to take place in parallel.

"So the pre-fabricated element, which would be the Lego blocks that you would can see being craned in, are actually fabricated off-site in a factory at the same time the foundations are being prepared on-site."

The panic-built Huoshenshan hospital was also modeled on the blueprints of a medical facility which was set up in Beijing in 2003 to help tackle the SARS epidemic, which also helped speed up the construction process, according to Quartz.

I just thought it was remarkable, in 10 days and here, it'll take until November to repave 10 miles of I74

2 hours ago, Leatherface said:

From monday, germany will close border to denmark

And borders with France, Austria and Switzerland.

• 100 1

Polish borders are already closed. Here you can see the blockades on the bridge with Germany.

ETJk_fzWoAIoXMu.jpg.7865e09ec92658fca3a9177a77d8e30e.jpgETJk_fzX0AAp-VJ.jpg.6409088a79edcd439b32d679cbb682f6.jpgETJk_fyXgAA4uh1.jpg.6f112edb32938dcbe63bafd69b36ffc8.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

• Leader

USA Internet Providers

ISPs Raise Speeds and Suspend Data Caps in Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic

AT&T, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Verizon, and other internet service providers introduce consumer-friendly policy changes

From Consumer Reports :  .../internet-providers/isps-respond-to-coronavirus-raise-speeds-suspend-data-caps-keep-america-connected-pledge/

Some of the 'speed deals' apply to the lower levels of service, such as a "bare-bones Internet Service". 

ADDED:  This was done in anticipation of increased Medical Telecare.

Edited by RedBaird

Stay healthy, people.

Here in Finland they closed all the schools, theatres and other public places yesterday. They also started closing the borders. I am currently in university and my bachelors degree work was initially planned to be ready at the end of May, but I cannot progress my work as they closed libraries and national archives for at least a month, which I need access into.

Also I'm getting a rescue dog from Greece, and her flight got cancelled this morning as well. We've been waiting for her for couple of months now, and the next possible flight is at the end of May.

f*** Corona 😭

• Sad 3

Here in Israel situation is pretty much as in Europe. Quarantine for 14 days required for all entering the country. Schools,malls,museums,sports etc. all canceled or closed. Restaurants take out food only. Many small businesses suffering. Lots of people working from home. 

My luck is my job is considered essential so I am at work. 

Stay safe everybody.

P.S. no toilet paper shortage here. 

• Like 1

The US and South Korea announced their first cases of the coronavirus on the same day: January 20. More than six weeks later, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has tested around 1,500 people for the virus. South Korea, meanwhile, has tested about 140,000.

This week the number of cases will increase in Poland dramatically coz the plan is to reach 3k of test per day.

https://www.businessinsider.com/south-korea-coronavirus-testing-death-rate-2020-3?IR=T

15 hours ago, CSL said:

P.S. no toilet paper shortage here. 

Please please everyone, be careful of scams on the internet.

There are many false websites selling toilet paper that will send you knock offs. These rolls of toilet paper are not the real thing and are made with child labour. Please only buy your toilet paper from trusted and reliable sources.

tp-horder.jpg.9778a0c164a22a0d13fca870de6c7382.jpg

Edited by RedBaird
substitution by OP's permission
  • Haha 6

Washing hands properly is one of the few things we can do to minimize the chance to get infected with anything, including the new CoV-2.

You may like it, you may laugh at it, but here are some instructions on how to wash your hands I made for my blood donors' club to share. There's Polish and English versions ready to be printed and just a while ago I have prepared a simple Word document to be translated on your own and printed. Instructions and pictograms are from WHO. I considered it worth spreading since there are some little gimmicks most people wouldn't think of, like turning a faucet off after washing hands with a paper towel, not to have contact of a hand with the faucet, etc., and surely, it may make some people wash their hands and do it more carefully.

You may want to print it for your workplace, school or anywhere, you can share it, do whatever you want you consider helpful to you or others.

Cheers, stay safe folks!

washing hands EN.pdf washing hands PL.pdf washing hands TEMPLATE.docx washing hands template.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Leader
On 3/17/2020 at 4:23 AM, DJ aka GDR DJ said:

https://www.bing.com/covid

COVID-19-Tracker

WRONG...see next post...

I am in the USA and beside the "United States" line on the left side, there is a " V ".  If I press that icon, then the data for each US State is displayed there.  I suspect that Bing will do the same for whatever country you are accessing it from.  I suspect that Canadians can see their Provinces-data and that the Swiss can see their Canton-data.

Edited by RedBaird
wrong, again!