Website Coronavirus Updates

-=HipKat=-

• Leader
17 minutes ago, Mufasa said:

That video has CC-translations into 25 languages, not auto-translations!

I found one problem in the poster's notes, where it said, 

"Through this project, we look forward to empowering and trusting the community, so that we can join hands to combat COVID-19", which made me think, "uh, aren't we supposed to avoid "touching hands"? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They just closed the borders in Poland, no foreigners, Poles coming back from outside the borders will get sent for at least 14 days in isolation.

edit: I hate the party rulling in Poland now for a lot of things and even though their reaction now it's a bit late but I am really happy they're reacting in that way and so fast.

1. Controls on the borders since 15th of March for next 10 or 20 days, probably longer
2. No enter for fereigners to Poland
3. Poles coming back from foreign countries 2 weeks in quarantine
4. Cargo still works as ussual
5. International flights and train travels cancelled
6. Shops outside the shopping centres will be opened
7. Banks and financial institutions are opened
8. Restaurants, bars, coffee restaurants only take away
9. Public assemblies only till 50 person
10. National public transport like trains, flights, buses works as ussual

Edited by notellenPage
  • 100 1

42 minutes ago, notellenPage said:

They just closed the borders in Poland, no foreigners, Poles coming back from outside the borders will get sent for at least 14 days in isolation.

edit: I hate the party rulling in Poland now for a lot of things and even though their reaction now it's a bit late but I am really happy they're reacting in that way and so fast.

1. Controls on the borders since 15th of March for next 10 or 20 days, probably longer
2. No enter for fereigners to Poland
3. Poles coming back from foreign countries 2 weeks in quarantine
4. Cargo still works as ussual
5. International flights and train travels cancelled
6. Shops outside the shopping centres will be opened
7. Banks and financial institutions are opened
8. Restaurants, bars, coffee restaurants only take away
9. Public assemblies only till 50 person
10. National public transport like trains, flights, buses works as ussual

Exactly same rules here in Croatia. From today. 

Situation in Mexico is contingency 1 (of 4) and with the results of 15 individuals infected and 82 suspicious. All this people were imported pretentiously.

Country works as of "normal" but with already the mass media bombing with that wich has caused some panic, everyone talks about it.

"Tianguis Turístico" wich is a mega commercial event here in Mexico was canceled in the 2020 development event at Merida, Yucatan.

• Thanks 1

Listen from the UK yes its getting worse and Good ole Boris has comfirmed with his own words we will lose loved ones :

My message to you is to obviously look after yourself and your family but to also others and the old folk over the road etc, Please use your brain when shopping get what u need and not what u want and think of your neighbour(old,pregnant,disabled,scared shitless)

Please dont for a second take anything for granted i,e Emergency services ...if you can cope without ,them dont use them let them treat the ones that seriously need their help.

Love or Hate me .... i just want all U to be ok along with your family ec

• Leader
9 hours ago, LazyHippo said:

mass media bombing

Thank you for that "good expression".  The news media here in the USA seems to be more 'informative' now, and doing less 'bombing'. (Less like Social Media, that is.)

Rumors are 'exploding' on Social Media, such as that the virus was the work of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, that the Wuhan-Virus was the work of US Army persons who had traveled to Whuhan in October for the " Military World Games" in Wuhan.  I stopped all searching right here...

While looking up that last meme, I found a site that noted, "Virus-hit Wuhan has two laboratories linked to Chinese bio-warfare program". OMG!  That last one was from a legitimate news organization! I am going to stop searching now.  This is too serious an event to be laughing about. I cannot leave without mentioning one last absurdity, that calling this contagion "the Wuhan Flu" is racist.  At least most news media here have stopped calling it the "coronavirus" and have begun using the term, "COVID-19", 

// .. (WHO) officially named this novel coronavirus COVID-19. COVID is short for coronavirus disease. The number 19 refers to the fact that the disease was first detected in 2019, though the outbreak occurred in 2020.

// Dictionary . com

I would guess that Twitter is in Full Hurricane Season now! I rarely visit it, except via links from other sites.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP

In Wuhan, China built a fully functional, 1000 bed hospital in 10 days. TEN DAYS!

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Went to the grocery store this morning at 6:55 as they open at 7am. I have gone there in the past at the same time and I am the only one in the store. Had to be 100 people in line today. I only needed milk and bread. Shelves were empty. People rushing to buy toilet paper.
I bought my milk at the corner gas station for $6.

I bet you there are people right now preparing for a zombie onslaught. Guaranteed. That's the iq of some of these idiots.

• Haha 4

Country-Specific Information:

As of March 12, 2020, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) has eleven confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders.

Entry and Exit Requirements:

On March 11, the BiH Ministry of Security implemented travel restrictions: 

a temporary ban on entry to BiH for foreign travelers coming from China, South Korea, Italy, and Iran.

all travelers coming from Germany, Spain, and France will now have to self-isolate for 14-day periods

Lufthansa has plans to begin cancelling flights to/from Sarajevo.

Quarantine Information:

All travelers coming from Germany, Spain, and France will be placed in self-isolation. During this time, they check in daily with an epidemiologist.

If travelers present symptoms, they are sent to a designated hospital for thorough testing and treatment.

Link from U.S embassy. 

More info:

School's are closed. 

Bar's and coffe shops are closing. 

Shopping malls are running full steam, people are scared, shopping wholesale. 

35 minutes ago, L3ftY. said:

$6 milk

Sorry, I have off topic question, how many liters of milk did you bought Lefty? Or its for a gallon?

in Croatia we pay like 0,5 USD (or 0.7 Canadian doll.) - for a liter. 

Lol @Night Train my Bosnian flight of 19.04 are fukked apparently

• 100 1

1 minute ago, Nancy said:

….how many liters of milk did you bought Lefty? 

its a 4 liter jug for $6, usually goes for $4.

the petrol/gas station is the most expensive place to buy emergency staple items like milk and bread. they know how to rip you off lol

• Like 1
  • 100 2

• Leader
4 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

In Wuhan, China built a fully functional, 1000 bed hospital in 10 days. TEN DAYS!

I am thinking that the the architectural plans already existed.  I wonder if this is a sort of "standard hospital plan" in China?  // Yes, it is //

From BusinessInsider, " Feb 5, 2020,"  A construction expert broke down how China built an emergency hospital to treat Wuhan coronavirus patients in just 10 days

Snippets are in the spoiler:

The 645,000-square-foot makeshift medical facility, which took in its first patients on Tuesday, is made up of two floors and is already equipped with 1,000 beds, several isolation wards, and 30 intensive care units.

Using prefabricated units is the key to constructing a building at such a fast speed, according to David Hartley, managing director of engineering company NTX, which also focuses on hospital construction in the UK.

"Instead of first building the foundation and then following up with the superstructure (ie. the steel frame, the building, and the cladding), prefabricated units allow the construction of the foundation and the building envelope to take place in parallel.

"So the pre-fabricated element, which would be the Lego blocks that you would can see being craned in, are actually fabricated off-site in a factory at the same time the foundations are being prepared on-site."

The panic-built Huoshenshan hospital was also modeled on the blueprints of a medical facility which was set up in Beijing in 2003 to help tackle the SARS epidemic, which also helped speed up the construction process, according to Quartz.

Edited by RedBaird
pre-fabbed !