Router Issues?

• Platinum VIP

In the last week or so I started getting crazy lag on Silent 1.  The only change I made was updating Windows 10 to v1909 (Windows updates usually screw me over).  I've ran some diagnostics and I just don't understand the results.  Using PingPlotter, if I set the target to Silent 1, I get 90% packet loss between my PC and the router.  If I set the target to my router, I get <5% packet loss.  There are no hops in between my router and the server according to tracert and pingplotter, and i usually have <10 ping on Silent 1 as a result.  Attached are a handful of screenshots of results for those of you who may see something I'm missing.  Any ideas?!

ping.png

ping2.png

ping3.png

ping4.png

• Leader

Usually when I start to have problems I unplug my router for 2min then plug it back

you are connected via wifi or ethernet cable? if its cable try to plug it in another socket on your router. Also is it a possibility that you can plug from modem to pc and skipping the router? 

Also make sure the ports for WolfET are open, try this tutorial

• Like 1

Hey @Aft3rmath

I will confirm one of @rambozo37 's advice about physical connexion.

Firstable, in command prompt as admin , reset your TCP/IP protocol to be sure that there is no problem with all TCP/IP protocol stack :

netsh int ipv4 reset

same with IPV6

netsh int ipv6 reset

1 . [if your are wifi connected]

You ping is unstable, due mostly maybe because of very busy wifi channel .

So, if you are Wifi connected, use software to scan free/or less busy channel and force the router to the best channel:

https://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-find-the-best-wi-fi-channel-for-your-router-on-any-operating-system/

2 . [If you are linked by Ethernet cable]

- It could be bad ethernet cable (try other cable to check)

- Or It could be infected process.

Please, follow theses steps:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039025013-Run-Farbar-Recovery-Scan-Tool-to-gather-logs

Copy, and paste the log/report after analysis on PM : (2 files : frst.txt & addition.txt

Edited by GHARIB
  • Like 1