Downloading Jay Mods and other content from servers

NeXuS4

Hi All

i was recently just able to get my PC out of the cupboard and i went to get back on to ET but there is content on the servers but it wont let me download it direct from the server when loading in?

there is several files that i need and i am wondering is there somewhere i have to go to get these or is there a setting i can change on my PC so that it allows me to download direct from the server when loading in?

Thanks In Avance 

13 minutes ago, RendeL said:

Try set these:

set cl_allowDownload "1"
set cl_wwwDownload "1"

Shouldn't it be "seta"?
And when typed in console it should be without quotation marks (however I'm not sure about this)

Hello ! If it's in the cfg 

/seta cl_allowDownload "1"

/seta cl_wwwDownload "1" 

The best is to write directly from ET:

/cl_allowDownload 1

/cl_wwwDownload 1

(Respect the characters (capital letter, minuscle, etc.)

Fox

Edited by Young Fox
  • Like 2

what o/s are u using.

is it kicking u out to a redirct page ..?? or just not allowing u too dl them.

u might need to  switch few things to run as admin in ur pc to get it too work.

u could also  dl them from forums andmanually place em. but sounds to me like ur using w10 and its not saveing it right cuz it doesnt have permission.

Edited by captnconcrete

• Administrators
6 hours ago, NeXuS4 said:

still nothing, just gives me a list of files which i need to get into the server

It should auto download. Which mod or server? 

I have same problem, all those enabled and still dont work on others than FA servers. Other silent servers it works but not on NQ or jaymod servers. I opens only www page with dl listing and game freezes. Tested older setup files without FA security batch and it works, so problem is that modified et.exe file or other batched file (I dunno what it batches)? Problem started around 3 months ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Masa_1964 said:

I have same problem, all those enabled and still dont work on others than FA servers. Other silent servers it works but not on NQ or jaymod servers. I opens only www page with dl listing and game freezes. Tested older setup files without FA security batch and it works, so problem is that modified et.exe file or other batched file (I dunno what it batches)? Problem started around 3 months ago.

I just re-tested it back with security patch and i can download fine. Possible to remote desktop once so i can figure it out?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daredevil said:

I just re-tested it back with security patch and i can download fine. Possible to remote desktop once so i can figure it out?

I just copied year 2011 backup files over existing ones and problem is cleared, I use that installation only playing on other servers than FA. Now it works like before, it dl missing files as it should be. Strange was at it was only jaymod and nq mod limited prob and not silent.

I did try to trigger those dl limitations both ways, in config and directly, no effect on problem.

• Like 1
  • 100 1