Wendy'sChili

Who here smokes meat?

Hey friends...had a great discussion on the HC server a few weeks ago but cannot remember who it was with. We were discussing smoking/grilling meat. I found a beautiful picanha yesterday and hope to smoke that bad boy up later this week.

• Love 1

(technically didn't smoke this but) just made some bomb pulled pork in the oven the other night with a lil 4lb bone in Boston butt cut. Poped her in for like 14 hours at 2250F ... made my own dry rub with salt, garlic powder, peper, cayenne, and lil chilli. then i tied it up with sum fresh thyme .... hot danm was it good :p.... love cooking in general and learning new recipes.   always down to learn and share... made a few of my own hot sauces as well. :)

I found a beautiful picanha yesterday and hope to smoke that bad boy up later this week

^^^^^

this sounds sooo good cant wait to hear how it goes

Edited by 4estw1zzard
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 4estw1zzard said:

technically didn't smoke this but) just made some bomb pulled pork in the oven the other night with a lil 4lb bone in Boston butt cut. Poped her in for like 14 hours at 2250F ... made my own dry rub with salt, garlic powder, peper, cayenne, and lil chilli. then i tied it up with sum fresh thyme .... hot danm was it good :p.... love cooking in general and learning new recipes.   always down to learn and share... made a few of my own hot sauces as well. :)

dude u make me hungry lol :D 

• Haha 1

I was cheff in one of the Bosnians kitchen's, beside that i do my own, but here in Balkans maybe its other way to make it and prepared it. 

Explained in Balkan states :

Suho meso (literally: "dry meat") is a smoked beef or pork preparation eaten in Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, and Montenegrin cuisine. The meat is cured in a coarse salt for multiple days before being hung to dry under a fire for multiple days or weeks, depending on the size of meat. This process is traditionally done in the winter to avoid the meat from spoiling. It is similar to Italian Bresaola, but there is no netting involved in hold the meat.

Suho_Meso.thumb.jpg.1fd6d86e21004f2448fd959a12129309.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

that looks tasty!

• 100 1

On 1/29/2020 at 1:31 PM, Night Train said:

I was cheff in one of the Bosnians kitchen's, beside that i do my own, but here in Balkans maybe its other way to make it and prepared it. 

Suho meso (literally: "dry meat") is a smoked beef or pork preparation eaten in Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, and Montenegrin cuisine. The meat is cured in a coarse salt for multiple days before being hung to dry under a fire for multiple days or weeks, depending on the size of meat. This process is traditionally done in the winter to avoid the meat from spoiling. It is similar to Italian Bresaola, but there is no netting involved in hold the meat.

its called pickeling! you can do it with fish aswell you know :)

Yeaah i know mate, but i dont like to work on sea food 😔, its not going well, but other speciality / the best 😉

• 100 1

I read "Smoke meat" and I really thought  you were talking about  smoking like a joint... I gotta sleep.

• Haha 2

On 1/29/2020 at 7:31 AM, Night Train said:

That looks AMAZING! I LOVE Bresaola.....congrats, that process takes so much time and patience. Awesome!

• Love 1

On 2/14/2020 at 5:21 AM, Springfield- said:

I read "Smoke meat" and I really thought  you were talking about  smoking like a joint... I gotta sleep.

you thought smoke weed probably 😛

I used to smoke foies gras at work. We used cherry wood from japan and did a quick hot smoke for 5 mins. One of my favorite things ever actually.