ET Jay #1 Flak Jacket

CabaL

Explosives (mostly rnades) dominate the meta on Jay1. With no restrictions on the amount of rifles that either team can have, many maps that are small or bottleneck in design are difficult to enjoy and have fun with and quite often some of these maps are disliked by the player base because the amount of explosive spam.  Maps that otherwise would be fun to play. I believe DD has set it so that only the engineer class only has explosive damage reduction to increase objective play. This has rarely been the case. Many of the people who play the engineer class, still do not play the objective (myself included, I'm not gonna pretend I play objective to look better or anything) but rather spam the rnades or landmines in a "turtle" effort. The constant grenades and rnades is making survival for other classes incredibly difficult and therefor less likely to play near objective areas where the most of the chaos is.

Changing flak jackets could improve the quality of games on many of the maps. I think certain maps where offensive sides usually struggle on might give a much needed boost to objective play as more players will be able to help clear certain areas or rooms. Then some maps that are extremely small with high pops or brutal bottlenecks give both sides flak jacket.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP

Yes!! I was just coming to post this.  Things happen in waves, back when I was complaining about knives, it's because people were just spamming knives. It was knives flying everywhere. Now it's Rifle_nades. You can't move without rifle nades everywhere. And it makes sense. The competitive aspects of the game are not like they used to be, sadly, and the server is more about melee style of playing. If the number allowed per team can't be reduced, then it's time to add Flak Jackets so that players are more able to move around without all these one shot- one kill weapons making it so frustrating. And the biggest issues is most of the people using Rifle_nades aren't playing the Engi class to be engis, they do it just to have the rifle.

@CabaL Well said - better than I could have

Edited by -=HipKat=-

@daredevil

Based on maps currently in rotation I would think:

Caen: all classes, both teams flak. Maybe soldiers go without.

GoldRush (any version) : Allies, all classes.

Oasis: Allies, all classes.

Xmas_Factory (dont know how much longer this will be in since xmas is over) : Axis, all classes

Supplydepot2: Axis, all classes. Let them get out of spawn lol. Maybe both teams since allies struggle to survive in the building?

Teuthonia: Allies, all classes.

ET_Beach: Probably Allies, all classes but due to chaotic nature and small size of this map giving both flak might not be bad idea. But I want allies to have more of an edge than currently.

Venice: Maybe Allies? Allies rarely win this map but its not like they're spawn trapped every time.

Every other map is probably fine currently or give both sides. These are the ones that seem to be most urgent for change.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, CabaL said:

@daredevil

Based on maps currently in rotation I would think:

Caen: all classes, both teams flak. Maybe soldiers go without.

GoldRush (any version) : Allies, all classes.

Oasis: Allies, all classes.

Xmas_Factory (dont know how much longer this will be in since xmas is over) : Axis, all classes

Supplydepot2: Axis, all classes. Let them get out of spawn lol. Maybe both teams since allies struggle to survive in the building?

Teuthonia: Allies, all classes.

ET_Beach: Probably Allies, all classes but due to chaotic nature and small size of this map giving both flak might not be bad idea. But I want allies to have more of an edge than currently.

Venice: Maybe Allies? Allies rarely win this map but its not like they're spawn trapped every time.

Every other map is probably fine currently or give both sides. These are the ones that seem to be most urgent for change.

Both sides are "guilty" of overusing high impact weapons so like Jay 2, all players should just have Flak Jackets on all maps by default

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Bump, with the explosive spam, I would give all the attacking team flak jacket, so as they have an edge over defenders camping obj, example: Goldrush

Defender Engis would still keep them, as it is an integral part of an Engi.