Silent HC Issue

TRU BLOOD

Since I purchased a new PC with W-10 from W-7, I have had several issues that through trial and error figured out with help from Redbeard and Gengis. 

However, the main server HardCore I cannot use the \exec name.cfg command without getting kicked out. Now I cant get back in at all. I have used this for years with no problem. Yesterday I cleared out the cache for Silent mod and was able to get back in. Today it was suggested to use a forward slash /exec name.cfg  to see if that worked. Nope! it just got me kicked again and now I cant get back in to HC. All the other servers Recruiting, Jay-2, Beginners, ect. no issues, however my name remains white in color because of this issue. However it seems to be only a silent issue from what Im gathering.  Attached is a screen shot of the error I get when connecting to HC. The issue appears to be the \. I guess it sees this as a login name and wont accept it. However I cannot find it at all in the Silent folder.

1320408383_ETPIX.thumb.jpg.2c47dd7e20574a8643f5fe04b106a83f.jpg

That doesn't tell the issue either. If you could still do /bindlist and then /condump bindlist and post it here.

Other option could be either to (first save etkey and silent.dat + your cfg) reinstall game or save silent.dat and any cfg and just delete silent folder, let server load all again and see if it helps.

• Leader

I finally noticed something about Tru Blood's SS.

The top line seems to be "profiles//-hud.dat"

I think that it should be "profiles/base-name/-hud.dat.  My line in that startup area in console shows as "profiles/redbaird/-hud.dat It is as though you have no profile name in the Silent mod folder. 

The next line "No HUD specified, default HUD loaded" might be implying the same thing.  I don't find any "-hud.dat" anywhere in my Silent/profiles folder.  I do see a number of HUD cvars in my etconfig.cfg file.  I wonder if that "-hud.dat" might be a temporary collection of all the HUD cvars that is being passed to ET.exe to create the HUD for that mod.

When you first downloaded the Silent-mod-files from the server, ET should have copied the profiles/yourNmae/etconfig.cfg from the ETmain/profile folder.

A search found that a few others have reported that "no HuD found...", but they do have a proper path showing:

profiles/slowtobi/-hud.dat     = unlike your "profiles//-hud.dat", it does have a profile name in the path, but has the same "no HUD" line next.
No HUD specified, default HUD loaded

So having a default HUD is not a problem, but I am still worried about that // in that filepath.

I suggest that you navigate to your Wolfenstein ... / Silent folder and see if that has a profile folder with a name-folder, and if that name-folder has an etconfig.cfg file in it.

• Like 1

I went through the cfg now that I finally have some Holiday time. Made some changes in the config. So far it seems to be working. Color change will no be pasted in the console instead of using the /exec command. Guys thank you for all your time so far. And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you Beard, Gengis, and Rendel for the time!

• Like 2