Why I didn't play this december

Hesis

• Platinum VIP

Hello my dear fellows,

Some of you noticed that I was nowhere to found on ET and many of you are wondering the reason behind it.

Well I was in holiday in Thaïland, the last days before leaving I was in a hurry and I didn't find the time to explain it to you.

Now I'm back, I'm totally destroyed by the 12h flight and the jet-lag but I'm back and alive.

I hope everything went well in my absence but I'm sure you did a wonderful job 😄

• Like 8

We are glad you came back from your "unexpected journey" :D Now it's time to rest for you and when you recover we'll see you on beg2! Post some photos, maybe more info where were you? Probably i'm not the only one who's interested in going to Thailand :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Platinum VIP
16 minutes ago, RendeL said:

So did you find any new recruits? 😋

I will 🙂

34 minutes ago, notellenPage said:

We are glad you came back from your "unexpected journey" :D Now it's time to rest for you and when you recover we'll see you on beg2! Post some photos, maybe more info where were you? Probably i'm not the only one who's interested in going to Thailand :D

It's not possible to post pictures because the size exceeds 3,91 mb 😅

I went to Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Chiang rai, Chiang mai and Krabi. It was really a very complete tour of the country. I did prefer the north than the south. The beach and the sea are too crownded and I dont like having sand in my shoes.
You can definitely ask me for practical info if you plan to do a trip there. I'll be happy to help you 😄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hesis said:

It's not possible to post pictures because the size exceeds 3,91 mb 😅

You could use one of the histing websites to upload them :D

2 hours ago, RendeL said:

So did you find any new recruits? 😋

That thing, right there. Great example of how to do your job :D and got lost in it xd

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Great Hesis; hope you enjoyed!

I bet Thailand has changed a lot since 20 years ago when I was there 😉

I loved the food, the markets and the bars for watching football and movies. I didn't like how busy it was though and I can imagine how busy some of the Islands have become. I spent time on Koh Chang Island being great because back then it was only just started to take off and wasn't very busy. I bet its a concrete jungle now 😒

Similar to you the North was better than the south IMO.

• Like 1

I'm glad that you're back! :D Thailand is my one of the main places to visit so I want to see your photos. You can upload them on the google drive and share us your album 😆

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

I got some pictures herefor Notellen and Ins4ne  https://imgur.com/a/2aL7237 😄

15 hours ago, Basalisk said:

Great Hesis; hope you enjoyed!

I bet Thailand has changed a lot since 20 years ago when I was there 😉

I loved the food, the markets and the bars for watching football and movies. I didn't like how busy it was though and I can imagine how busy some of the Islands have become. I spent time on Koh Chang Island being great because back then it was only just started to take off and wasn't very busy. I bet its a concrete jungle now 😒

Similar to you the North was better than the south IMO.

I'm sure things changed a lot since 20 years as the south did not impress me. I visited Koh Phi Phi and... well the nature between the concrete is beautiful. There are also so many boats for tourists too, the bay and the lagoons are full of them. It still deserves to be visited but expect to be in a crowd.

The north was really nice to visit. There are a lot to visit, lots of activities too (biking, rafting, trekking, cooking, ...). The street markets are really nice and the food is so delicious.

But man the flight was terrible, 12h from Brussels to Bangkok in a small seat... I needed 3 days of sleep to get back on my foot @_@ 

All in all, it was an amazing holiday. I always heard a lot from Thaïland so I wasn't not especially enthusiastic as I did not want to get in tourist traps but I was so wrong. I'd definitely recommend Thaïland.

• Love 1

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:28 PM, Hesis said:

But man the flight was terrible, 12h from Brussels to Bangkok in a small seat... I needed 3 days of sleep to get back on my foot @_@ 

I know that feeling, I have to visit family in Japan every two years. The cheapest flights ( I can't afford direct) are usually 2 hours to somewhere in Europe then 12-13 hours to Fukuoka in Japan. Add on the journey to Heathrow airport,  and the connecting airport and waiting and the journey from Fukuoka to Kunimi (my wife's home town) it takes around 27 hours in total. Takes me days to recover 😊

• Surprise 1

• Platinum VIP
On 12/24/2019 at 11:59 PM, Basalisk said:

I know that feeling, I have to visit family in Japan every two years. The cheapest flights ( I can't afford direct) are usually 2 hours to somewhere in Europe then 12-13 hours to Fukuoka in Japan. Add on the journey to Heathrow airport,  and the connecting airport and waiting and the journey from Fukuoka to Kunimi (my wife's home town) it takes around 27 hours in total. Takes me days to recover 😊

If that's not what love is, then I don't know what is love 😶

• Like 1
  • Love 1