Server Issue Hardcore - Server + Private slots

Mortemex

Question

Hardcore Appears to have some sort of Server setting that limits the people that can play at 15v15, anyone else after that point is unable to play on the server and can only spectate

Just thought I would mention it in case it was not the intention 

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Hey!

Yes this was done intentionally. The maps on hardcore are mostly small to medium sized. That coupled with the fact that friendly fire is on, we thought it best to set a limit for the number of players on each team to avoid spam, teamkilling and just to make It a little less crammed. 

There are still a few slots open for players to stay in spec to wait for a place to open up.

• 100 1

23 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

Hey!

Yes this was done intentionally. The maps on hardcore are mostly small to medium sized. That coupled with the fact that friendly fire is on, we thought it best to set a limit for the number of players on each team to avoid spam, teamkilling and just to make It a little less crammed. 

There are still a few slots open for players to stay in spec to wait for a place to open up.

Might i suggest a notification or something when a user attempts to join and they can't?  Might lose new players because of that

• Like 3
  • 100 1

11 minutes ago, Mortemex said:

Might i suggest a notification or something when a user attempts to join and they can't?  Might lose new players because of that

Will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion mate. :)

5 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

Will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion mate. :)

It should be possible, ETPUB has something similar back in the day before it was removed (since silent is a combo of ETPUB and Jaymod).  Been awhile since I have worked on Silent, but if you would like me to look at it as well, lemme know

• 100 1