Stuck on "Awaiting Gamestate"

Milkis

Hello, So I wanted to play some et and connected to Jay1 server as I usually do and I always play there. I tried connecting and it would get stuck on awaiting gamestate and not connect. I would connect to jay2 and I would connect fine. So i attempted to try again got in the server and timed out my lag o meter was raving with red bars. I've already tried uninstalling the game and deleting all files and reinstalling the game using FA etdownload. I still cannot connect and I don't know any other solution. please help... 

image1 (1).jpeg

• Like 1

• Leader
29 minutes ago, Milkis said:

I've already tried uninstalling the game and deleting all files and reinstalling the game using FA etdownload.

Ohhh!  Don't do that!  Did you save your etkey file from your last installation to put it into your new installation?  The etkey is what the server 'uses to save your XP'.  If you reinstall, you may lose your etkey and thus lose all xp on all jaymod servers.

I just joined Jay#1 with no problem.  The player there now say that they have had no problems.  The server Uptime is 27+ days.

The Jay#1 server records showed that you have joined the server 3 times recently, but with 3 different GUIDs.

seen: Milkis. 11 minutes, 51 seconds ago.    Guid#3

seen: Milkis. 37 minutes, 2 seconds ago.      Guid#2
seen: Milkis. 44 minutes, 59 seconds ago.    FIRST GUID 

Are you 'running ET as Admin' ? 

The FA server will 'give' you an etkey file if you do not have one, BUT if you are not 'running ET as admin' the file might not be saved to your etmain folder.

That quess does not fit with your "can connect jay2 ok, but not jay1"... :hmm

Woops, Ang3l beat me to it...do his 'fix' first.  :D 

I checked Jay#2 for your name and found it 3 times, also with 3 different GUIDs.

seen: Milkis. 31 minutes, 32 seconds ago.       Guid #3          

seen: Milkis. 47 minutes, 26 seconds ago.       Guid #2
seen: Milkis. 10 hours, 2 minutes, 58 seconds ago.   FIRST GUID 

The First GUID in each servers' records may be your original GUID.  The second and third on each server are the same as on the other server.

What time did you reinstall ET and did you do it more than once?

Did running the FA PK3_cleaner work???

Edited by RedBaird
more info
  • 100 1

• Leader

@Milkis

I am on Jay#1 right now and saw you connect and disconnect right away.

The server said that you were "online".

The map changed a couple of minutes late, and Milkis. joined and was assigned a slot and the disconnected.

Edited by RedBaird

@RedBaird Yeah i'm still trying to connect but still stuck on that screen. I downloaded that pk3 cleaner thing but I still cant seem to connect. 

I did remake a new ET key so that’s why i guess it’s showing a the GUID each connect. 

but yeah still stuck here lol 

Edited by Milkis

• Leader
6 minutes ago, Milkis said:

@RedBaird Yeah i'm still trying to connect but still stuck on that screen. I downloaded that pk3 cleaner thing but I still cant seem to connect. 

I did remake a new ET key so that’s why i guess it’s showing a the GUID each connect. 

but yeah still stuck here lol 

It is "very odd".  You show as connecting ok and are even assigned a slot #.  Then you disconnect a couple of minutes later.  I did not get a look at your ping though, so I don't know if it was 999 or not.

Milkis. connected
=F|A=*Remi*    (AdminChat): thats strange
Milkis. disconnected
=F|A=RedBaird: let us see if he trys to download this one
=F|A=RedBaird: off?

Milkis. connected

|--------------------------------------------------------|
|                       SPECTATORS                       |
|--------------------------------------------------------|
| 10 | 20 | =F|A=RedBaird     | 21 | 0 | gggg            |

| 26 |  0 | Milkis.           |    |   |                 |
\--------------------------------------------------------/

Milkis. disconnected

]/m 26 you are here now!
m error: No matching clients found.

I suspect that you show as 'connected', like normal, but are seeing the 'waiting gamestate' and then disconnect.

• Leader
1 minute ago, Milkis said:

server would give me invalid GUID error lol. 

Open the etkey file that is in your etmain folder with Notepad and see if it is 28-digits long.  

Do NOT post it here or other people can 'steal' your Identification. 

@RedBaird yeah idk I just get stuck on that screen and nothing. I don't even get to the map loading screen. 

Yep its correct. All 28 are there. 

I'll let it run and go shower and see if it anything changes. 

Edited by Milkis

• Leader
1 minute ago, Milkis said:

@RedBaird yeah idk I just get stuck on that screen and nothing. I don't even get to the map loading screen. 

You do show up as connected, like normal, in spectator...but I have not seen your ping yet.

My etkey has 6 leading 0s and 22 numbers after that.  I once experimented and removed a leading zero and a different guid was produced.  I suspect that the trailing 22 numbers are the important ones.

Keep connecting and let me see what your ping is.

• Leader

Okay, I see you at Jay#1, in spectator, but as CONNECTING with no ping showing.

The seen-command shows you as "currently online", but I cannot finger you.  I cannot kick you either as that shows up as 'player not found'.

Milkis-connecting#191118-0320-subway.jpg

You can try a /reconnect in the console, but that will probably do no good.

You still have no problems connecting to jay#2?

Hopefully someone has seen this problem and can suggest a solution... :(

Edited by RedBaird

• Leader
8 minutes ago, Kai said:

Maybe he has a name less than 3 letters , that's why automatically he is disconnecting

He is using the same name as here, "Milkis".

He has been CONNECTING for a long time now, even though !list shows him as in spectators, so he is the one disconnecting.  It is not the server that is disconnecting him.

Milkis has slot#11 in spectators, but /m 11 message does not work = "no matching clients found".

He disconnected about 50 seconds ago.

@Milkis  BTW, your GUID stayed the same as the last time that you had connected to Jay#1 earlier, so the etkey is not going missing.

Do you have a screenshot or condump of that "corrupted guid" error statement?

Edited by RedBaird

• Leader

That is another clue, maybe.  We can wait for a more expert reply here.

You can join Jay#2 okay?

== YES, I just saw him on Jay#2 in spec with a ping of 110. ==

...and he left to try Jay 1 again, which shows him as CONNECTING and serverstatus shows a ping of 999.

Edited by RedBaird