W:ET problem

AntiThought

I downloaded Enemy Territory today to interact with the other half of =F|A=. When I click on its icon I get a black screen- no sound, no errors, no anything- and my computer stops responding to anything except killing the power.

I have tried reinstalling from a different source, running as administrator, turning off UAC, and using compatibility mode. My GPU drivers are up to date as well.

I tried to find a topic like this in the forums but couldn't. Any ideas on what I can do or any other previous posts that might help?

I had a bad patch. The game will now start up to the menu. But when I try to find servers the list does not populate. If I try to click on one of the =F|A= server buttons the game freezes for about 30 seconds then the menu continues as if nothing happened. I have turned off my firewall and outside that have no clue what I am doing wrong.

Hmm... A tricky1.

So you got over the black screen prob?

Try writing up the server IP and entering it to the "Connect to IP".

Or then launch ET and =F|A= server directly from XFire.

Yeah the black screen was caused by the bad patch so a clean install and repatch stopped the black screen and system freeze. Tried to launch the game from xfire but for some reason it will not launch that way...... Guess I will uninstall and try again maybe see if I can find a third download site.

No, no errors with xfire I click launch and nothing happens but if I use the desktop icon the game starts. Anyone have a preferred place to get W:ET from? Im not sure if is just a bad download source I have through Fileplanet and cNet.