Chat kick

BaBeLo

same issue and have no config loaded if i press esc crash to desktop happens only 1 in 5 times i play but get same crash message as babelo above  reconnect and its fine  only been happening for just over a month but many people have asked about it on discord so it seams common atm

Edited by D..X

• Leader
4 hours ago, D..X said:

only been happening for just over a month but many people

I wonder if that started happening after the October "Patch Tuesday", on the 8th?

My Silent_crash.log may have just the single line as shown in Babelo's image, but I have never had it show up on the ET screen like that.

Just "-8<------- Crash Information ------->8-" shows up when the file is displayed as being under 1kb.

When the file is listed as 3kb, then it has much more 'crash data' in it...

-8<------- Crash Information ------->8-
   Please forward to silEnT mod team.   
---------------------------------------
Version: 0.9.0 Win32
ET Version: ET 2.60b
Map: mlb_daybreak
Exception: Access violation (0xc0000005)
Exception Address: 0x3ad39e4e
DLL Information:

...followed by some 44 DLL Names & addresses.

The last line of the quoted file above contains: "Enemy Territory\silent\my_cgame_mp_x86.dll [0x3ad39e4e]"  which shows that that an ET DLL had the problem.

When I have a crash in Silent Mod, I look for the crash.log file and add the date to the name, just to preserve them.  Mine have always "crashed to desktop".

The above is from the file " silent_crash#170328.log ".  ye-mo-da date format

I suspect that if Babelo does have a crash.log file, then it only contains that one line.  I do not know if a new crash overwrites any previous log file or if it appends new data to the file.

1 hour ago, Crazyshot said:

Happen to me since download game day packs 10/26/2019, check all folders E.T. and delete all files with this date.
Work for me.
 cheers.

Maybe i should try this

For me this started after halloween game day. I deleted my nq folder but that didnt help me.

14 hours ago, RedBaird said:

[...]

I suspect that if Babelo does have a crash.log file, then it only contains that one line.  I do not know if a new crash overwrites any previous log file or if it appends new data to the file.

Yes, in folder "silent_crash" is only:  -8<------- Crash Information ------->8-

Edited by Luki

• 2 months later...
  • Leader

Does it still crash for you? maybe we have another custom pk3 doing this

could you share a screenshot of your etmain folder?

Edited by rambozo37
  • Like 1

• Leader

Are those very old screenshots? The most recent file is 2013. Would make no sense since we often have to download files/maps in servers like for example fa_italy_b3.pk3 or zzzzzz_menu.pk3..... and I don't see any FA files/maps.... or you did a major clean up, up to 2013?

Edited by rambozo37

Ah i ssed Wrong etmain i were reinstaling et many times And i ss some Old...found that bbaserace file And it works , game Is not kicking me , ty So much 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@BaBeLo This happens with me too, it's so annoying ! I always do vid_restart command to fix this because if I start playing my game crashed and the game get no sound!.

EDIT : I followed @CheepHeeprecommendation and It worked, also thanks  @AnG3L . Now I can play without vid_restart command

• Like 2