pk3 files

Sabby123

Need some help i deleted all my pk3 files when i did the game would not work so i had to put them all back but i would like to clean my folder but the auto pk3 cleaner doesnt work for me

You would be better off posting a screen shot of your ETmain folder with pk3s, some are required for ET to work so cant just delete any and all .pk3 files as ET wont work otherwise (as you have seen). lol

Certainly map pk3s can be removed without problems along with any starting with z, z files are usually server specific (so some will be for FA's menu interface within ET), any z ones or maps you do need will simply be re downloaded to your folder the next time you join server.

Again a screenshot will be better so others can also advise.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Sabby123 said:

Need some help i deleted all my pk3 files when i did the game would not work so i had to put them all back but i would like to clean my folder but the auto pk3 cleaner doesnt work for me

Are you using correct path for installation of your ET? Auto pk3 cleaner has 2 options - one for 2.6b installation and one for ETLegacy. 

Please use correct version. 

4 minutes ago, daredevil said:

Are you using correct path for installation of your ET? Auto pk3 cleaner has 2 options - one for 2.6b installation and one for ETLegacy. 

Please use correct version. 

Yes I'm using the 2.6b version 

If you've deleted all of your pk3 files you might as well reinstall the entire game. Save your etkey in ETmain, your silent.dat file in silent and any screenshots/demos/configs you want to keep.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

11 minutes ago, ElEl said:

If you've deleted all of your pk3 files you might as well reinstall the entire game. Save your etkey in ETmain, your silent.dat file in silent and any screenshots/demos/configs you want to keep.

That's what I was going to do 

Ahh so its windows telling you its crashed?

I assume your running it as admin?, it doesn't have to be compat mode or anything but does have to run as admin under windows 10 otherwise it will crash. Bit odd it doesn't crash with NQ though?

Not sure how PC savvy you are but if your running ET as admin already and its still crashing then check the event log and see what reason its giving....to access event logs in search box type event and event viewer should show, click that then click the arrow by windows logs and click applications.....check the errors and see if any relate to ET and what reason it gives, if any (log will have information (circle with i in), warnings (yellow triangle with exclamation) and errors (red circle with exclamation)) .

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

• Leader

I am putting some log results here  for future searchers with the same problem(s).

Exception Code: 0xc0000005 

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

I will have to search through that same log to find what I had when ET last crashed on me.  It happens occasionally, but is never continuous.

If you were on a Silent-mod server, then you can look in your Silent folder for a "silent_crash.log", which may give some info.  I have some with info and some have no info.  (BTW, I add the date to the filename, in the format of #191031 so that it is saved and not overwritten.)

One that I just found also has the same exception fault. (ALL that I found with content had that same error!)

Version: 0.8.2 Win32
ET Version: ET 2.60b
Map: school
Exception: Access violation (0xc0000005)
Exception Address: 0x4205b0cd
DLL Information:
0x00400000    ET
0x771f0000    ntdll
0x74d70000    kernel32
0x76be0000    KERNELBASE

and on with many other modules that were in use at the time.

I am not sure how much it would be to you or your helpers here, but the Silent moderators want the crash-logs sent to them, so they must have some value.

• Administrators

@Sabby123  I PM'd you for remote access i.e. through https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/ 

I can just fix it up for you easily. Please discord me. hellreturn#8999

• Like 1
  • 100 1