COD4 Server Is our COD4 Beginners server dead?

The Partisan GR

Our Beginners server was thriving after the switch to the 1.8 version and with considerable effort from several members and regulars. Until a few months ago, when suddenly players started abandoning it en masse, probably going back to the 1.7 version. I had some technical problems and couldn't join, but nowadays the server seems dead.

Is there anybody out there, willing to give it a try, or has the time come to finally close the door of our F|A COD4 server?  

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/108.61.21.94:28930/

Edited by The Partisan GR

• Administrators

@The Partisan GR  We made it alive when we all worked together. We can do it again! Problem is we need to camp it again and recruit again. We where thinking to try 1.7 again.  Are we keeping 1.8 or 1.7? I can help with it.   @Shoes  mentioned he will be active soon and will also help in camping. @Spyderwebber @Sonofdoc - What u guys say? Let's get it going again? 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in. At level 1.

😞 Fing steam.  All those perks.....

Maybe it is time to make it a HC CTF server.....I didn't see any of them.......and that is where I met you all....

WE can call it Beginner. OR Abner's.....

Edited by Medic Kane
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I'm done with college, I am going to give it a shot at camping Beginners.  Son is busy with school, sports and (sigh...) a girlfriend, but will drag him along when I can. 

It seems there is a lot of confusion and disagreement (outside of our clan) as to whether 1.7 or 1.8 is the way to go. I am going to spend the next few days researching, getting discord set up and firing up this 2005 Windows Vista system.

It can't be denied that this game, at 12 years old, is in it's waning stages. However, the appeal of this game over newer ones is it's simplicity in that anyone can pick up and start getting kills pretty easily. And with me on the server, people will be able to get some easy kills.

See you all in game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1