ET NQ #1 Warbell Rule

Snuffs99

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Siwex89 said:

@daredevil  I haven't try it for ages but it wasn't a problem, I did it many times.

I will try to do it next time

Can u pls share SS of it from spec with 120 fov ?  To make sure we are all on same page? 

@DoubleDragon possible to use mapscript to add new prefab - https://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=1371

and we use that or similar prefab so that no one can cross it? or how about fake brush which we use for anti spawn shield? 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, 

Can we get an answer to this question?
Is the general no-rush rule enforced, or do we want a map specific ruling put in place?

Imo, the 5 minute rule should do fine as it otherwise can lead to a boring map with both teams stuck at their starting positions (like in Caen2)

• Like 1
  • 100 1

The rush rules are well explained in our wiki.

Depending on the server you are on, there is or there is not a rush rule.

On HC where i always play, there is no rish rule.

Gengis

• Like 1

• Leader

:offtopic

On 10/8/2019 at 8:48 AM, Siwex89 said:

no one tj this time so i don't have SS

but I do have player.me recording of me doing it.

I need to lose some weight so that I can return to playing like this! :( 

I was :amazed: ! 🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gengis said:

The rush rules are well explained in our wiki.

Depending on the server you are on, there is or there is not a rush rule.

Problem with Warbell is there are 2 rules which sort of cancel one another out, hence the thread.

Now if i'm being honest i can't see the problem with people jumping the barrier as axis cant actually finish the map until they have taken and placed the book which is obtained by blowing the wall by allies first spawn point. So for me personally i don't see how Warbell is any different to jumping the wall on fuel or oasis etc...however the Warbell rule (posted in my first post) clearly states you cannot jump and blow gates, build CP etc before first blowing the first main gate. 

I think it would be far better to either:-

Block the way (but would require time and effort to edit the map),

Turn off double jump for Warbell (stops the single engie jumping the barrier but can still be done using 2 players, one of top of the other) 

Or simply remove the warbell specific rule all together and just go off the standard 5 min anti rush rule which is what we do for many other maps. I must add though that NQ1 doesn't really have a no rush rule but most players do tend to wait at least 5 min before completing the objectives. :D

Again thanks for all the input from everyone who has posted in the thread etc, much appreciated.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • 100 1

I all ready explained it while playing, you can jump but not do objects in side 5min. As there is no rush rule but it will ruin over all game if done that way. Usually I stop people before and remind them for letting others enjoy game also.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Problem with Warbell is there are 2 rules which sort of cancel one another out, hence the thread.

Now if i'm being honest i can't see the problem with people jumping the barrier as axis cant actually finish the map until they have taken and placed the book which is obtained by blowing the wall by allies first spawn point. So for me personally i don't see how Warbell is any different to jumping the wall on fuel or oasis etc...however the Warbell rule (posted in my first post) clearly states you cannot jump and blow gates, build CP etc before first blowing the first main gate. 

I think it would be far better to either:-

Block the way (but would require time and effort to edit the map),

Turn off double jump for Warbell (stops the single engie jumping the barrier but can still be done using 2 players, one of top of the other) 

Or simply remove the warbell specific rule all together and just go off the standard 5 min anti rush rule which is what we do for many other maps. I must add though that NQ1 doesn't really have a no rush rule but most players do tend to wait at least 5 min before completing the objectives. :D

Again thanks for all the input from everyone who has posted in the thread etc, much appreciated.

In jay1 with the jump multiple problems arise - 

1. Engies used to jump and blow the gates which made map easier for axis to complete, with no barriers axis after crossing first one easily can complete the map

2. Engies can go and plant mines additionally to f*** up allies...

3. Once axis build the cp... There isnt even necessary to destroy the first barrier.... Axis can just spawn at CP 

About your solutions - 

1. Block the way - probably the best solution but as you said someone needs to do it as its hard work

2. Cancel double jump - Jay1 would go crazy without it i guess... As for silent mods they are without double jump so no issues there all together

So i think the rule should stay

• Like 1
  • 100 1

12 hours ago, Masa_1964 said:

I all ready explained it while playing, you can jump but not do objects in side 5min. As there is no rush rule but it will ruin over all game if done that way. Usually I stop people before and remind them for letting others enjoy game also.

Sorry mate, find it hard to keep track of chat in game sometimes. My confusion is literally because Warbell has its own rule regarding jumping the pit and NQ1 does not have a rush rule.

If the general thinking is its ok to jump pit then build CP and blow other gates etc after 5 min then i'll happily go with that. 😉

@PhoeniXx

If jaymod servers do have rush rules then waiting 5 min to jump pit etc should work fine, being able to spawn at CP if they jump the pit wont really help much as axis cannot complete the map without the book which they cant get until they take the flag from allies first spawn and blow the wall sort of thing.

Edited by Snuffs99

Its true warbell doesnt get completed with all the points i said... But it gives an edge to the axis...

The map gets easier due the "trick jumping" over the warbell pit

The jump over the pit is basically a trick jump but not for an objective...

Nq1 has the rule of no trick jump before 5 mins of the map.... 

@Snuffs99

18 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

If the general thinking is its ok to jump pit then build CP and blow other gates etc after 5 min then i'll happily go with that. 😉

@PhoeniXx

This what you said should be okay... I suggest some leaders confirm it... But as for me it should be okay

The problem is that axis Engineers 'pit jump' and dynamite all the gates(Bypassing gate).

We allow that jump, Not to dynamite...

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

Then the conclusion is simple right?
Only allow dynamite after 5 min of gameplay to ensure players have a chance to enjoy the map.

So we just enforce the no-rush ruling that is already in place

3 hours ago, BLAAT said:

Then the conclusion is simple right?
Only allow dynamite after 5 min of gameplay to ensure players have a chance to enjoy the map.

So we just enforce the no-rush ruling that is already in place

Haha, but there isn't a no rush rule on NQ1

7 hours ago, Buckwild said:

The problem is that axis Engineers 'pit jump' and dynamite all the gates(Bypassing gate).

We allow that jump, Not to dynamite...

Sorry but it shouldnt be allowed at all, they can use mortar/airstrikes and not forgetting planting mines all over the place before they blow the gate and take control of the flag