Jump to content
ScoOfi

ET 2 Update

Recommended Posts

Wish I could Love this 100 times!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but what is this big update? I didn't quite catch it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, valkk said:

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but what is this big update? I didn't quite catch it.

Could be the name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, valkk said:

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but what is this big update? I didn't quite catch it.

ET2. There is another thread with details of a group putting together a new version of ET. It’s quite nice, actually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

ET2. There is another thread with details of a group putting together a new version of ET. It’s quite nice, actually

Yes I've seen it, but I was on about the update that was released yesterday. Didn't understand the big ordeal of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, valkk said:

Yes I've seen it, but I was on about the update that was released yesterday. Didn't understand the big ordeal of it.

The biggest thing I got is that they've successfully been able to connect on a multiplayer platform. 

  • 100 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

The biggest thing I got is that they've successfully been able to connect on a multiplayer platform. 

Yep that is pretty much what i got from that "update" too. Can connect to one another but other than that.......its going to be another 16 years before its finished. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't know why now, why not use the funds to do stuff within the current ET.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

Yep that is pretty much what i got from that "update" too. Can connect to one another but other than that.......its going to be another 16 years before its finished. :D

God I hope not! Although from the graphics, it might take technology form 16 years in the future to run it stable lol

24 minutes ago, valkk said:

I personally don't know why now, why not use the funds to do stuff within the current ET.

Because the source code is closed source, so there's not really much that anyone can do

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -=HipKat=- said:

Because the source code is closed source, so there's not really much that anyone can do

Real shame. 

 

Although its great that ET is being worked on, im just worried a little that the current playerbase ET has will be split up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CheepHeep said:

Real shame. 

 

Although its great that ET is being worked on, im just worried a little that the current playerbase ET has will be split up.

Oh, I think it'll kill the current base after it becomes stable and people are secure playing it to the point that RTCW is today

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Oh, I think it'll kill the current base after it becomes stable and people are secure playing it to the point that RTCW is today

Time to protest. #ETLIVESMATTER

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mufasa said:

Indeed, the source for ET has been open since 2004.

If this pans out, it will be a win for all. The current game engine is past it's limits, and runs poorly on even the best of the most recent hardware- despite what your FPS count might show.
The connectivity to multiplayer platforms is actually a huge win-- it means new networking engine is 100% backwards compatible with the Quake backend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


About Us

We are glad you decided to stop by our website and servers. At Fearless Assassins Gaming Community (=F|A=) we strive to bring you the best gaming experience possible. With helpful admins, custom maps and good server regulars your gaming experience should be grand! We love to have fun by playing online games especially W:ET, Call of Duty Series, Counter Strike: Series, Minecraft, Insurgency, DOI, TF2 & Battlefield Series and if you like to do same then join us! Here, you can make worldwide friends while enjoying the game. Anyone from any race and country speaking any language can join our Discord and gaming servers. We have clan members from US, Canada, Europe, Sri Lanka, India, Japan, Australia, Brazil, UK, Austria, Poland, Finland and many other countries. It doesn't matter how much good you are in the game or how much good English you speak. We believe in making new friends from all over the world. If you want to have fun and want to make new friends join up our gaming servers and our VoIP servers any day and at any time. .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.