Hurricane Lorenzo heading to Europe after hitting Azores Islands.

LazyHippo

"Residents on Portugal's Azores islands were hunkered down on Wednesday amid a deadly hurricane that has been described by local authorities as possibly the"strongest" in the last two decades."

More here: https://www.euronews.com/2019/10/01/hurricane-lorenzo-one-dead-as-100mph-winds-set-to-hit-the-azores

Lorenzo_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png.910120faaca371d31fd735423ff796b1.png

• Sad 2
  • Surprise 2

• Leader

Quote from Gizmodo: 

Hurricane Lorenzo, the weirdest storm of the Atlantic hurricane season, struck the Azores on Wednesday and is forecast to continue its jaunt across the eastern Atlantic toward Ireland. It could make a rare landfall there with hurricane-force winds and crippling surf.

I didn't even know that Europe had hurricanes!  I am most familiar with the Gulf of Mexico storms.  Lorenzo was said to be a category 5 at one time, the strongest of storms.

I just realized that it is aimed directly at CheepHeep, but should not reach as far as Kouklos.

Edited by RedBaird
Feathers may FLY!
  • Surprise 2