ET Discussion on Jay 1 about Slots, Jay 2, etc...

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

This is a typical discussion many times on Jay 1. Most people don't come here to post the suggestions that get my ass kicked for making, but here they are all talking about some of the things i do.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fykezk0f8g5rpqk/2019-09-29-172523-et_beach.dm_84/file

• Platinum VIP
6 hours ago, ElEl said:

Could you give us a quick summary of what's being said in the demo so that we don't have to download and view it to see the point you're making?

Yes. A lot of people agreeing that Jay 1 should have about 10 less slots because many maps are just very chaotic with 45-50 people on them. How that would help people who want to play the obj on Jay 1,  Jay 2 be more populated and how much players like Jay 2 but don't play there because it's usually playing vs Bots. They like the different selection of maps and the fact that there seems to be less lag - which some people said Jay 1 is laggy because of too many people. And a whole lot of me saying over and over that if this is what they want, they need to come here and post it because I'm getting tired of getting b*** slapped on here every time I post suggestions that MANY Jay 1 regulars often wish for, but never come to the forums to ask for. It was solid discussion that lasted for about half the map.

And no one seems to understand why the redirect is set for Jay 3 instead of Jay 2 for the last few months

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
6 hours ago, MikeSlayer said:

download-41.png

OK, that's funny but at least I'm always keeping my eyes open trying to find way to make things different and fresh, change things up and hopefully make things better. Regulars constantly b*** about things but only do it on the severs instead of having the fortitude to come here to make suggestions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Because i like to torment myself i looked through it *yawn

So basically this is what i got  jay 1 sucks its over crowded and should be less slots, it lags, the map pool is to small and put up christmas maps (btw its october)  

wait it gets better -hip basically calls panzerfausts an a**h**** (made me lol becuse well its panzerfaust) and we carry on...jay 2 is better, less lag, better map pool size, less chaotic  but they should remove adren and double jump. Someone says take  a handful of people and transfer them to jay2 to make 2 busy server instead of 1 over crowded one so basically turning it into a second jay 1... then a bunch of rambling bs end of story (btw this is the opinion of like 3 or 4 people 1 being hipkat(not saying your opinion dont count just giving overall picture) so basically 3 out of 40- 50 people that play there at any given time..)

Edited by D..X
  • Like 1
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
36 minutes ago, D..X said:

Because i like to torment myself i looked through it *yawn

So basically this is what i got  jay 1 sucks its over crowded and should be less slots, it lags, the map pool is to small and put up christmas maps (btw its october)  

wait it gets better -hip basically calls panzerfausts an a**h**** (made me lol becuse well its panzerfaust) and we carry on...jay 2 is better, less lag, better map pool size, less chaotic  but they should remove adren and double jump. Someone says take  a handful of people and transfer them to jay2 to make 2 busy server instead of 1 over crowded one so basically turning it into a second jay 1... then a bunch of rambling bs end of story (btw this is the opinion of like 3 or 4 people 1 being hipkat(not saying your opinion dont count just giving overall picture) so basically 3 out of 40- 50 people that play there at any given time..)

First, I didn't call Panzer any names, I told him to stfu because he didn't (as usual) know what he was talking about. 2, No one said Jay 1 sucks, so don't try to feed that to people who don't watch the demo and 3, that was 3-4 people on THAT map. That's a common discussion that comes up often and did it ever occur to you that some of the things I suggest on here, other people came up with but knowing they don't post here, I posted it for them?  Which is why I kept saying that people need to come here to make suggestions, not do it on the server

The Double jump commets came up when the talk turned to the old BBA Servers

Edited by -=HipKat=-

I don't think the slots are the issue. I honestly think the issue lies with the maps. If you have a full server and you have the smaller maps, then its chaos. So maybe add more maps that cater for a full server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
Just now, valkk said:

I honestly think the issue lies with the maps.

You my friend nailed it. I am working on adding smaller and bigger rotation but sadly ET being limited to number of pk3's -  i have much limited option. I would be trying something very different to push more then 60 maps without any issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We are trying for better maps and bigger cycles always... We don't wanna change some smaller maps like supply who are people's favourite..... And we certainly don't wanna drop the activity...

So the change might take some time....

Decreasing the slots won't do anything good.....IMO

Also, yea the redirect was done for jay3 to increase some activity for the server@HipKat.

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

First, I didn't call Panzer any names, I told him to stfu because he didn't (as usual) know what he was talking about.

2019-09-30_10-24-30.png.ca8ee45f2ee984b32a183f0659553ba6.png

2019-09-30_10-22-57.png.2355cfd131fb3bd7ed715fb630be9e18.png

2019-09-30_10-20-22.png.2f3d36d5d45abc54d877e3d56a40632a.png

you are correct well you did basically call him daft even if its true you still should be respecting players and not talking to them as tho there a piece of shit was more my point

No one said Jay 1 sucks, so don't try to feed that to people who don't watch the demo

again correct that is the opinion i have after reading through all that and how it comes across to me with all the complaining

what i said was 

1 hour ago, D..X said:

please show me were I said SOMEONE said this this was just the general feeling i got from reading it others may read it differently then i

The Double jump commets came up when the talk turned to the old BBA Servers

2019-09-30_10-14-51.png.1f2965b7940f829082ff4ed806865087.png

this is at the very beginning of the demo BBA part is almost at the end

anyway i was just giving an overview as how i read it and how the convo came across to me everyone has the right to view it and come to there own conclusion but there were also some good point as well

Edited by D..X
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1

I'd recommend those that are complaining constantly to try out jay2. Jay2 is a good server too and with less players they should find it less laggy and more comfortable. Major changes like number of slots will not happen over a few complaining about it. I think it should also be understood that no matter what you do, people will complain about something and you will learn that you cant just follow every suggestion that is brought to us, even though we do appreciate the effort, because we'd end up annoying more people. 

If those people really want change and aren't just whining in the moment, they are free to come on the forums to express their concerns. Things are more likely to change if a lot of people request it rather than one.

If 80-90% are fine with a product, thats good enough for me because not everyone will be happy no matter what. This is why we offer many servers to try and cover every kind of preference. Common preference might I add. Every person likes ET for different reasons and we try to accommodate for it as much as we can but there is only so much we can do. If we reduce to 41 slots, people will complain that the server is always full and they cant play. Then we will get suggestion to increase again. 

TL;DR - those that find it too cramped, laggy or spammy. Try Jay2. Reducing it from 51 to 41, wont make much difference imo. Bigger maps are the only solution to massively packed servers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

I'd recommend those that are complaining constantly to try out jay2. Jay2 is a good server too and with less players they should find it less laggy and more comfortable. Major changes like number of slots will not happen over a few complaining about it. I think it should also be understood that no matter what you do, people will complain about something and you will learn that you cant just follow every suggestion that is brought to us, even though we do appreciate the effort, because we'd end up annoying more people. 

If those people really want change and aren't just whining in the moment, they are free to come on the forums to express their concerns. Things are more likely to change if a lot of people request it rather than one.

If 80-90% are fine with a product, thats good enough for me because not everyone will be happy no matter what. This is why we offer many servers to try and cover every kind of preference. Common preference might I add. Every person likes ET for different reasons and we try to accommodate for it as much as we can but there is only so much we can do. If we reduce to 41 slots, people will complain that the server is always full and they cant play. Then we will get suggestion to increase again. 

TL;DR - those that find it too cramped, laggy or spammy. Try Jay2. Reducing it from 51 to 41, wont make much difference imo. Bigger maps are the only solution to massively packed servers.

OK, this a canned response that misses a big point - our friends that we play with on a regular basis are on Jay 1. It's pretty much the same people there all the time. I know a few on Jay 2, but most of the regulars there are strangers. If Jay 1 had 10 less slots, it would still be the most popular server, but more people that we play with on a regular basis would find themselves on Jay 2 and those Jay 2 regulars would become our friends also because we'd play on the server together more often. I don't understand the problem with repopulating a server that was once the 2nd most active F|A server and introducing it to people who are new to F|A, relatively, that may not have ever played there.

Most of the bigger maps ARE the laggy maps, like Capuzzo, Ressurection et al.

6 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

OK, this a canned response that misses a big point - our friends that we play with on a regular basis are on Jay 1. It's pretty much the same people there all the time. I know a few on Jay 2, but most of the regulars there are strangers.

Best way to not become strangers is to talk to them/play with them. In a week, they wont be strangers ;) I play on multiple servers HC, S1, Jay1 and i know regulars from all of them. Reason for it? Because I didnt shy away from a server because i didnt know the regulars, i got to know them and now i have fun on all 3. :)

6 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I don't understand the problem with repopulating a server that was once the 2nd most active F|A server and introducing it to people who are new to F|A, relatively, that may not have ever played there.

Nothing wrong with this, in fact yesterday Jay2 had 32 people on. Also if you are saying you dont want to play on jay2 because you dont know the regulars. Do you think those that can no longer play on jay1 because of the reduced number of slots would say the same thing and not play? IMO instead of forcing those that are happy with jay1 to not play, those that arent happy can try our other servers.

Jay2:

2019-09-29-183132-school.jpg

Anyway, I dont plan to respond anymore because sometimes i feel im talking to a brick wall and its about time I check myself into a mental asylum for doing so. :D

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Confused 1
  • 100 1

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

Anyway, I dont plan to respond anymore because sometimes i feel im talking to a brick wall and its about time I check myself into a mental asylum for doing so. :D

That is exactly how I feel when talking with Hipkat. No more pleasant conversation. Bickering, I am always right or ego style suggestions/post attitude. No matter what you do at the end of the day - if you agree with him, he will tell you that you are the best out of all or good guy or good in his books and if you don't agree, you are just something else.  Somehow, I 'feel' he goes to Italian restaurant and ask for Chinese food. If he doesn't get it, he would ask to change layout, food, menu, etc etc and list will go on. But the best part is he will still come to same Chinese restaurant and will never try other restaurants from same owner. He also feels he has to right to disrespect anyone who doesn't use SMG but everyone should respect him or else he will play victim card. 

Hipkat seriously dude why you don't try silent1, hardcore, old school, etpro etc servers from us? I just don't get it. 

PS IMP note - I never had any issues with you but I am just saying the way I feel it or people feel it. Definitely bud it's just not me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1