ET Jay #2 REMOVE A VSAY FROM J2

PassiveStoner

there is a vsay in the F|A chats, "stand up and show the world that you're a man....something something ku klux klan"
i find it disgusting that it's a vsay at all, and want it removed from the vsay list. As the Ku Klux Klan also known as the KKK, is a white supremacist group, dedicated to "white power" and the systematic, psychotic hate of any one who is not white. 

• 100 1

The vsay has been in the pack for a really long time - I think before I even started playing there. I've been working on redoing the Jay2 soundpack but it takes a while and I had to put it on hold while I worked on other stuff like the wiki and map testing. I've already got all the vsays I plan to add actually in the pack, I just need to decide which ones to remove.

I'm also working on a soundpack for the Halloween gameday. I'll try get the Jay2 pack finished first cause it should only take a couple hours to remove the bad/unused vsays. Maybe if there's interest we could have the Halloween pack on Jay2 for a couple weeks leading up to the 31st.

• Like 4
  • 100 2

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?
Come with us and you will see
This, our town of Halloween
This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night
This is Halloween, everybody make a scene
Trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright
It's our town, everybody scream
In this town of Halloween*

I am a huge fan of the Halloween season, and certainly would love halloween soundpacks, and even MAPS on J2!
I am thankful you're taking my request into consideration.
  • Like 6

• 1 year later...

its racist shut it down! stop acting like children and ty

ice cube bbq GIF

Hoes Godda eat to.........oops im sorry b*** , this vsay list makes YOU ALL  look more racist than i ever was lol

Edited by DrSpreadem
  • Love 1

• Platinum VIP
On 9/25/2019 at 6:03 PM, PassiveStoner said:

there is a vsay in the F|A chats, "stand up and show the world that you're a man....something something ku klux klan"
i find it disgusting that it's a vsay at all, and want it removed from the vsay list. As the Ku Klux Klan also known as the KKK, is a white supremacist group, dedicated to "white power" and the systematic, psychotic hate of any one who is not white. 

I started a thread on this, also a few months ago and another on the J2 suggestions page. 

@captnconcrete I don't care where it comes from bro, it's racist. Same with the "They call him, boss, boss ni**er" vsay. Purely racist.

Play those for a black person and explain to them it's from a movie so that makes it OK. Play it for 10 black people and see how many agree it's OK. 

The equally as bad part is the little man-child on Jay 2 that spams those 2 over and over when ever he's on the server.

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

I certainly don't like the idea of people being offended but most of the vsays have been on the servers for a while. 

Devils advocate:

You don't like the vsay that mentions the KKK yet you play a game where you can basically play as a Nazi, sure the game has tried to sway away from Nazis by calling them axis but we all know its Nazis ffs.....Does that then mean Jewish people should then be justified to request the entire games removal or would you class that as going a bit overboard as your not offended by Nazis?? Would it be ok if the vsay said to kill the KKK??

Equally would it be "ok" to have "They call him boss, boss n***a" if it was a black voice saying it?? I mean come on, black people drop the "n word" in to every other sentence or song etc and that is fine, right?.

Sadly i think people find anything to feel "offended" by and to protest over nowadays,,,, will we all eventually have to say sorry for killing one another in a game in case we offend someone? 

If we removed everything that someone could or might be offended by then we might as well just remove the game altogether and have done with it. Exactly where does it stop?

Some people may find one thing offensive and another not so much so is it then a case of he or she who feels offended the most wins??

Edited by Snuffs99
  • 100 6

While I understand the points being made, there is a difference between what the original developers of the game had made and what someone put as an addition. 

We get it we're playing as a Nazi but that vsay is just an addition that is not needed and is intentionally racist. It does nothing to benefit the game and will only end up offending some people.

Edited by Hitch
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

Two Vsay´s biting each other:

speech4
{
    sound/fa/fa222.wav  "Kill kill kill the white man." 

fun15
{
    sound/fa/fa179.wav  "Stand up!"  //KKK
}

Ps.: i Guess that´s where it came from

They are there with a reason i guess... But racismn is racismn. Point. 

Same goes with homophoebia, and the list goes on. I wouldnt consider making the Vsay´s all Political Correct. 

That would underestimate the sense of vsays. Duke Nukem i a master example of Memes and Quotes, but they are all perfectly not PC.

I wouldnt change it though since both sides are deliverd well, and if they offend someone, they do what they are supposed to do imo. 

Thats the reason why these Vsays are there in games like ET.

To provoke and make you even more angry, and if you cant stand it, try these two 🤫

/cg_novoicechats 1

/cg_novoicetext 1

• Like 2
  • 100 1

Oof. Who would of figured this game would last so long that jokes become outdated and offensive to a new generation of players.

Edited by mewt
Changed a word.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 100 3

I agree that is offensive and should be removed.. 

Also just because something is from a movie doesn't mean it isn't racist. and the kkk are racists... everyone knows this. @captnconcrete

Edited by Graceful
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

Just now, Graceful said:

Also just because something is from a movie doesn't mean it isn't racist. @captnconcrete and the kkk are racists... everyone knows this.

u might want too know some one before u call em a racist.. i do take offense to this..personally i think having a debate in here over a vesay in a game shows how weekminded u really are.

• Haha 1
  • 100 3

Let's keep it polite, please, else I'll have to lock the topic.

@captnconcrete  I think it was a poor use of punctuation, but she didn't call you a racist. She mentioned your name and then started her sentence, but your name wasn't part of the sentence.

@Graceful Stay on topic, no need for needless provocation.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Graceful said:

Also just because something is from a movie doesn't mean it isn't racist. @captnconcrete and the kkk are racists... everyone knows this.

Before this spins down the toilet or in to an English lecture, I don't think @Graceful intended to call you a racist, @captnconcrete. I could be wrong, but the sentence structure does appear she called you one, but not sure if that was a grammatical error.

And I agree, racist shit is said all the time in movies and in some video games, but that doesn't excuse it here and the source doesn't make it less so. We removed, "Do you suck d!cks?" and it was from an all-time great movie. Doesn't seem like a stretch we could remove clearly racist statements even if they are in parody. These are expansion packs and are no way related to the original developers intentions either. As far as the slippery slope argument, it's not really a strong one. We can manage our vsay pack with little intervention and the risk/reward supports that. In other words, we stand to lose more players for keeping it there than removing it. Haven't heard one person say I'm quitting Jay if you remove the racist shit. So yeah, it probably never stops because we admin a game server making us responsible for the content (to a point).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 5