ET /Scores

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

If you were the ref in a Hockey game (or any game) and one team was up by 4 goals, would you make that team sit 1 or more players so it was more fair for the team that was losing?? Of course not. That's ridiculous, right? So is using /Scores as a way of determining if teams are even or not. if one team is getting rolled, the that team is getting rolled. End of story. Next map, shuffle and be done with it. The maps don't go on for hours.  Sometimes teams win or lose big. It's how competitive matches go, occasionally. I never, ever in my years playing ET ever saw anyone use scores to determine if teams are even. I've only ever seen it based on number of players per team. And that's how it should be!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Jay1 and other FA servers remains filled till date for a reason

And that reason is the responsible admins

Who take their time to see the teams each n every time hipkat

If one team gets slaughtered everyone will leave the server and that's why admins worked so hard for that and we put so much importance on it

We try to make the server and the maps fun for the sake of everyone or try to as much as possible and that's how it has been :)

• Like 2
  • 100 2

3 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

If you were the ref in a Hockey game (or any game) and one team was up by 4 goals, would you make that team sit 1 or more players so it was more fair for the team that was losing?? Of course not. That's ridiculous, right? So is using /Scores as a way of determining if teams are even or not. if one team is getting rolled, the that team is getting rolled. End of story. Next map, shuffle and be done with it. The maps don't go on for hours.  Sometimes teams win or lose big. It's how competitive matches go, occasionally. I never, ever in my years playing ET ever saw anyone use scores to determine if teams are even. I've only ever seen it based on number of players per team. And that's how it should be!

If you will pay me for getting my ass whooped as team sponser does then we will think about this.

• Haha 2

As the others have said above, most players just want to relax, wind down or just chill with their e-friends. Nobody likes getting owned 24/7 and if they see they can't even get out of spawn, why would they bother playing? Its just frustrating. Also as Kai stated, your analogy comparing a real life job is a bit of a far stretch. Those jobs provide a livelihood for people, providing food, shelter etc. If I got the same out of ET and I'd earn more if I won a bunch of games, I'd train my butt off and play at my best all the time. In PUB servers, there is no competitiveness in that way because its more casual and thats totally fine which is why you cant apply the same rules or line of thought when running these servers.

If you are basing it solely on number of players, are you saying you would find it fair if jiren, winterz, nightmare, bunny, pipel, joker, mirror etc. were all one team and the other team had the same amount of players but were newbies? The reason people enjoy our servers is not only our settings but its how we make an effort to make it as fair as possible. Everyone has some chance at winning the match and progressing, thats what makes it fun. 

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

... I never, ever in my years playing ET ever saw anyone use scores to determine if teams are even. I've only ever seen it based on number of players per team. And that's how it should be!

/scores is a command done in console and you would never, ever see anyone else do it, you would only see yourself do it.

It's done regularly every map to ensure teams are fair since !howfair and players per team are not entirely accurate on their own.

In all your many years of playing ET you should try using /scores at least once. 

Open your console and type /scores. Its simple but If you need help, with all your many years of playing ET.... just ask  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, daredevil said:

I guess then you are not paying attention for 'years' when you play on our servers or any other servers using silent mod or nitmod or etpub or even ETL where different factors are considered for team scores. We always used /scores + team numbers and basic common sense . 

Game is fun when teams are balanced - not 50/50 all the time but closer to it.  So according to your logic for 30 mins map - if teams are bad let team B for example which is weak let it get slaughter? Then when team B half players leave, play with bots? No thank you. 

Since 2008, team balance was done based on common sense either during mid map (if required)  or during warm up (most preferable) .

No, obviously I've always known how FA does it, I just felt like starting a discussion about it last night. However, on a 30 minute map, player rosters change. Some leave, others join. If team balance is off, player should move/be moved to keep number of players balanced. I've seen many maps that started out as a blowout for one side and then that side loses the map in the long run. I've seen many times that one side got crushed on one map and came back and rolled over the other team on the next map - without a shuffle. 

Common sense for team balance is same number of players - that's the common sense way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

As the others have said above, most players just want to relax, wind down or just chill with their e-friends. Nobody likes getting owned 24/7 and if they see they can't even get out of spawn, why would they bother playing? Its just frustrating. Also as Kai stated, your analogy comparing a real life job is a bit of a far stretch. Those jobs provide a livelihood for people, providing food, shelter etc. If I got the same out of ET and I'd earn more if I won a bunch of games, I'd train my butt off and play at my best all the time. In PUB servers, there is no competitiveness in that way because its more casual and thats totally fine which is why you cant apply the same rules or line of thought when running these servers.

If you are basing it solely on number of players, are you saying you would find it fair if jiren, winterz, nightmare, bunny, pipel, joker, mirror etc. were all one team and the other team had the same amount of players but were newbies? The reason people enjoy our servers is not only our settings but its how we make an effort to make it as fair as possible. Everyone has some chance at winning the match and progressing, thats what makes it fun. 

Not all sports competitions are players being paid to play. Amateur sports are much bigger in participation than Pro-sports. I played Hockey as a kid for 4 years - never got paid. Never got told to sit because we were up big on an opponent, either.

Dude, THESE days, the reason players enjoy our servers is because they're the only servers left to play on and have people instead of BOTs as competition. :D

The example you used above with those players isn't an unbalanced team,. it's a stacked team - a different topic and most of thjose players don't play on the same server, regularly or at the same time. But I have OFTEN seen the Jay 1 regs on the same team. Nightmare is the only one that regularly switches on his own (Something I've tried to do more often myself, based on his example)

Edited by -=HipKat=-

19 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Not all sports competitions are players being paid to play. Amateur sports are much bigger in participation than Pro-sports. I played Hockey as a kid for 4 years - never got paid. Never got told to sit because we were up big on an opponent, either.

You've said it yourself. Competition. Our servers aren't running competitions.

19 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

The example you used above with those players isn't an unbalanced team,. it's a stacked team - a different topic and most of thjose players don't play on the same server, regularly or at the same time. But I have OFTEN seen the Jay 1 regs on the same team. Nightmare is the only one that regularly switches on his own (Something I've tried to do more often myself, based on his example)

Unbalanced or stacked. Whats the difference? Teams aren't fair and people will quit. I named those players as a hypothetical, clearly.

PS. Didn't you just say that only number of players matter. So by your logic, stacked teams are completely fine and we should wait till later to sort it out as long as the number of players are the same.

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 2

• Platinum VIP
25 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

You've said it yourself. Competition. Our servers aren't running competitions.

Unbalanced or stacked. Whats the difference? Teams aren't fair and people will quit. I named those players as a hypothetical, clearly.

PS. Didn't you just say that only number of players matter. So by your logic, stacked teams are completely fine and we should wait till later to sort it out as long as the number of players are the same.

That's not what I'm saying. Or I said it wrong. Stacked is when map after map, Allies, for example are just overly better or have more players (Which is what happens most times at night where every map, one team will have 3 or 4 more players) and why I said after a map ends, if it was a complete blowout, shuffle and dude, it's ALWAYS competition. Official or not, it's still competing. Competing to get highest awards. Competing to get obj, or stop the other team from getting objective.

• Haha 1

• Platinum VIP
9 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Beautiful anecdote haha, I didn't know in hockey you get a player from the opposing team if two of your teammates get send off. ;)

Teams should never be evened solely on the sizes of them. 20% of the players carry 80% of the weight, if these 20% are not split up well enough the teams will be uneven, how the other 80% is split is not something that influences the game a lot. You mention "competitive matches" while you are talking about jay1, that's kind of hilarious. People just want to have fun, hardly anyone cares about stats and hardly anyone cares about obj.

This topic and argument doesn't make sense at all and the fact that it isn't posted by someone who is totally new to the game baffles me greatly

• 100 4

• Platinum VIP
2 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

Beautiful anecdote haha, I didn't know in hockey you get a player from the opposing team if two of your teammates get send off. ;)

Exactly!

• Confused 1

I feel i have to mainly agree with Dest!ny on this one though, 1 good shooter or aggressive player can drastically change a teams fortunes regardless of the team score and IMHO scores only really tell a story towards the end of maps and most times its usually  blatantly obvious who the better team is.

In a family soccer game you don't let dad and adult son play against mentally disabled son and 6 year old daughter for half an hour. You even it up so everyone can have some fun.

Yay, I can make weird comparisons too 😛

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

• daredevil locked and unlocked this topic