Other ET crashing everytime [ ]

PhoeniXx

Question

It started when I took a new and a better pc with more graphics and all

All over a better system from the last one... I copied and pasted whole of my wolfenstein ET folder from the old pc to the new one

It used to crash sometimes after that... But now whenever I start the game it crashes irrespective of the server I join... 

El! Tried to help me - 

1. I tried the pk3 cleaner to remove all shit files and all it didn't work

2. I tried the hunkmegs and sound mega thingy

3. I downloaded a new et and installed as a separate game.... But still it crashed

4. I tried playing via etlegacy and still it's crashing

My antivirus and pc are all new... So I really don't know what's the issue that's causing it...

If someone helps me... It would be really great

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

im pretty sure  no direct x and et wont work..maybe im just a fool but ..im pretty sure.

17 hours ago, Xernicus said:

Why is DirectX being mentioned? ET uses OpenGL. Two completely different APIs.

https://www.wolffiles.de/etmanual/en/Tech Help/Information/DirectX.htm

I found this and it's from the ET manual. Is it outdated @Xernicus?

Also this:

2849bc4969d67e163b939e04e570a286.png

But if it was an issue with DirectX then wouldn't ET just refuse to open?

I guess you could try reinstall DirectX, then try a driver rollback, then try on board graphics. I'm still thinking the issue is a faulty graphics card though.

Its going to read pre-xp drivers as pentium 3 by default

the game is going to preload known drivers that are compatible in 32bit standard

if it doesn't find a compatible device to match it will run as 32bit he is running 64bit

Compatibility in Windows 10 doesn't control bit format 

I'd have to go through source to draw a map of what I am trying to say maybe later when I am free

No it wont refuse to open if it has a driver open with OpenGL binaries installed with in windows services

snatch the video card out reboot the system and open the game if it doesn't open install direct x thats all you need

• Like 1

Tbh you should not have to mess with directx or anything else to get ET to work, other than running as admin and making sure PB is installed its a standalone so doesn't even need to be installed via an installer to run. 

if your system crashes on any game then it certainly suggests its a windows or even a hardware issue. I'd suggest you run a Furmark stress test (google, its free) and see how it goes, if your system crashes with a stress test on Furmark then your wasting your time trying to get ET to work until the underlying problem is solved. I'd also be tempted to install something like Aida64 to check temp settings in real time while running Furmark or even Aida64 own stress test.

Good luck.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

• Leader

Yesterday, my Win10 pro 1903 had updates for

WindowsSoundRecorder

MixedRealityPortal

WindowsCommunicationsApps

I got this info from the "Reliability Monitor" which has an address of "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor".  Putting that address into file-explorer will only take you to the Control Panel.  From there, click "Security and Maintenance", then "Maintenance" and then " View Reliability History".  

I leave it open all the time.

It gives info on App crashes, warnings and win updates.  (Maximize the window to see the itemized info).

My last ET.exe crash had this info: (click on the 'tech info' on far right)

Description
Faulting Application Path:    D:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    ET.exe
Application Version:    0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp:    445f5790
Fault Module Name:    ui_mp_x86.dll
Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    4230a405
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0000db76
OS Version:    10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    e211
Additional Information 2:    e2113da71431480dc9d5f83a5840b1a4
Additional Information 3:    6e93
Additional Information 4:    6e9352bb590a3b25f58f7bab3b4b3b5d

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    1467d340ef88d5a287fd160a17a99df3 (340906505)

My previous ET crash had the fault module of "cgame_mp_x86.dll ", with the same " Exception Code:    c0000005 ", which is an "access violation", meaning that that DLL is blamed for trying to access an area of memory outside of its assigned area.

I don't know if this is still true, but it used to be that the "fault module" was just the first one to report a problem and that a sub-module that it had called was the 'true culprit'. :D  (Back in the old days).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just an update the game is crashing again so the issue isn't resolved I guess

I wanna thank everyone for the help...

I will see from my side how to fix this shit

Edited by PhoeniXx
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, PhoeniXx said:

Just an update the game is crashing again so the issue isn't resolved I guess

I wanna thank everyone for the help...

I will see from my side how to fix this shit

Given its not fixed i still recommend running and stress test mate while checking temps. If nothing else it will tell you more than you currently know sort of thing, whilst you don't really want your system to crash when running a stress test at least it will help narrow the cause of your problem.

Again good luck. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

5 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Given its not fixed i still recommend running and stress test mate while checking temps. If nothing else it will tell you more than you currently know sort of thing, whilst you don't really want your system to crash when running a stress test at least it will help narrow the cause of your problem.

Again good luck. 

How to run stress test?

10 hours ago, PhoeniXx said:

How to run stress test?

Download and run Furmark , Or/And also download and install AIDA64.

Furmark is more OpenGL and Gfx based stress testing, it can be downloaded from HERE , Its freeware so fully working and , well free. lol

Once you have Furmark installed run it and select the resolution you normally use when gaming and also tick full screen if you play ET etc in full screen, then press the GPU stresstest button on the right and let it run for say 5 min. Keep an eye on the GPU temps at the bottom, shows low/high and avg temps. if your Gfx card is the cause of your problems it will likely crash.

AIDA64 extreme trial can be downloaded from HERE 

AIDA64 will only be a trial version but it is capable of stress testing your entire system either all at once or separately including CPU, HDD/SSD/GFX etc etc.

AIDA will also allow you to check temps in real time.

When you run AIDA64 on the left panel click computer then sensor and a list of system/CPU/GFX/HDD temps and voltages will show, whilst that screen is on go to tools at the top and select System Stability Test and another smaller window will open, drag this window to the right so you can still see the temps etc on the screen behind then select one option at a time or tick all the boxes and again run for about 5 min and keep an eye on the temps. 

See how you get on with them and report back, if your system doesn't crash whilst running either Fur or AIDA then at least we can move on from hardware issues.

Good luck.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

Hi mate, thanks for doing the tests.

Good news is your CPU, HDD, Mobo etc all seem fine temp wise looking at the AIDA figures, will be higher than normal as your system is effectively being hammered to 100% usage.

However looking at your Furmark results although it didn't crash you only achieved a max of 12 FPS which is pretty shit tbh @ 800x600. .

One thing about the GT710 is if i remember correctly it required a specific driver for windows 10, i installed a GT710 in my mothers PC just over a year ago and i did have issues with the driver as it had to be a specific one, i'll log on to her system and grab the driver version because i do know i had issues with the 710 not being windows 10 compatible.

If you have onboard gfx remove the 710 (its a crap card anyway and obsolete) and try running ET with the onboard, in the mean time i'll log on my mothers PC and see what her Furmark results are @800x600 and more importantly what driver number she has installed, i'm almost certain it is the driver being your issue, kicking myself for not twigging earlier tbh. i assume Dare installed the latest one but like i say it has to be a specific one to work correctly in windows 10 otherwise it does not work properly.

She is home now so i'll log on her PC now and look mate, more to follow.

***EDIT

Ok so i've logged onto my Mums PC and luckily i left the Nvidia driver on the desktop (yay me)

The driver i used to get her GT710 all working properly is 368.39-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql which can be downloaded from

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/103913 

You will notice its about 3 years old

Version 368.39 - WHQL
Release Date Tue Jun 07, 2016
Operating System Windows 10 64-bit
Language English (US)
File Size 351.05 MB

I think Microshaft sorted a newer driver in the creators update as when i check the current driver version of my Mums GT710 in device manager its changed to

34.jpg

Again though its an older driver from 2017 so for the sake of keeping things all the same totally uninstall everything Nvidia wise from your system then install the 368.39 driver and take it from there. 

Fingers crossed all will be good but if not i think i'll have to log on to your PC via Teamviewer mate and see if i can get it working properly.

Let me know how it goes and if needs must i'll log on like i say and see if i can fix it, much quicker that way as i can try 10 things in the time it takes me to type out 1 thing for you to try. 

Good luck

***EDIT

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 3

open dxdiag using search

search for dxdiag press enter when it opens hit save information and attach the dxdiag.txt to a post here 

Raw Ram may be crashing from Automatic Page Filing revert pc to vr ram to push the RAW RAM data not the Processor :yeye

open a file explorer

right click on on THIS PC

Click on properties click on ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS

Click advance and then Uncheck Automatically Manage Page filing

make sure System Manage is checked done

Why no one suggest these things it is part of XP history to have these user interface issues :noob

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

No. No. No.
What in the hell? messing with the pagefile to fix crashes?
Yeah, nobody is suggesting XP-era suggestions because they're just that, history.

I'm sorry, but this pisses me off because this is gatekeeping nonsense that will only make problems worse. And computer knowledge gatekeeping might fly by some, but not me.

If anybody wants to know how Vista+ handles older applications, it's simple. memory access isn't altered at all- but system access is diminished to nill unless a program is run as an administrator- instead writing files to an %appdata% directory which is symlinked to make the program *think* it's accessing Program Files.

The only thing that changed memory wise in Windows XP was the introduction of DEP - Data Execution Prevention - and nobody has ever had to mess with that to get ET to work.

• Like 3
  • 100 1