Other ET crashing everytime [ ]

PhoeniXx

Question

It started when I took a new and a better pc with more graphics and all

All over a better system from the last one... I copied and pasted whole of my wolfenstein ET folder from the old pc to the new one

It used to crash sometimes after that... But now whenever I start the game it crashes irrespective of the server I join... 

El! Tried to help me - 

1. I tried the pk3 cleaner to remove all shit files and all it didn't work

2. I tried the hunkmegs and sound mega thingy

3. I downloaded a new et and installed as a separate game.... But still it crashed

4. I tried playing via etlegacy and still it's crashing

My antivirus and pc are all new... So I really don't know what's the issue that's causing it...

If someone helps me... It would be really great

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, RendeL said:

Could it be so easy than too low hunkmegs/soundmegs. Try to set those before joining any server and see if it helps.

Already did... Soundmegs128 and hunkmegs 256 ... Didn't work

40 minutes ago, MikeSlayer said:

will et run in safe mode ?

if it used to work and now it does not it possibly is caused by a graphics driver update or windows update et prefers older drivers on my setup

try rolling back graphics driver or using system restore to roll back your computer to when it worked properly or try a legacy driver for older software 

you can always undo this and if you get it running again turn off auto updates

It's not possible to revert back to the older one.. :3 I changed the cpu with everything ... 

How to run it in safe mode btw?

38 minutes ago, kajto3 said:

So the easiest way to access windows error logs is pressing Windows button + r and type eventvwr - look for ET crashes there

Mike I don't think many applications work in safe mode, but it can be worthy trying with ET...

Be sure to try running ET with Intel integrated card Phoenix!

besides - I don't get how did you manage to get these condumps, so it crashes after ET is loaded or during loading? You say you actually joined a server and then it crashes, in another post you said it crashes during startup. Please make it clear:)

Actually... The crashes are at variable times... Sometimes when I open and before even I could join any server it crashes.... And sometimes it crashes after I join the server... 

Can you explain the part of windows error log? I didn't understand much about it 😕

I'm not really sure about reading windows error logs... Just get to Windows Event Viewer and search for ET related issues (you can read some tutorial on reading logs or perhaps someone could share some tips - Xernicus? :))

You set Windows to run with safe mode on next startup via Bios (on Windows 10 it seems that option doesn't work anymore, but there is another way - again, there are tons of tutorials on this)

For the 'megs' settings, the proper way to change them is here:

Change the memory cvars by adding them to ET shortcut Target field (right mouse click on the ET shortcut > Properties > Target). Example: "C:\WolfET\ET.exe" +com_hunkmegs 512 +com_zonemegs 256 +com_soundmegs 128. Changes will apply the second time you run ET.

Only doing the steps above you can be sure that the settings are fully applied. Check in the console by typing the cvar alone like '/com_hunkmegs'. If it says it's set to desired value there, then it is set.

23 hours ago, PhoeniXx said:

It started when I took a new and a better pc with more graphics and all

All over a better system from the last one... I copied and pasted whole of my wolfenstein ET folder from the old pc to the new one

It used to crash sometimes after that... But now whenever I start the game it crashes irrespective of the server I join... 

El! Tried to help me - 

1. I tried the pk3 cleaner to remove all shit files and all it didn't work

2. I tried the hunkmegs and sound mega thingy

3. I downloaded a new et and installed as a separate game.... But still it crashed

4. I tried playing via etlegacy and still it's crashing

My antivirus and pc are all new... So I really don't know what's the issue that's causing it...

If someone helps me... It would be really great

If its a drag and drop ET you will have to run pbsrv.exe to install PB and make sure its working, with drag and drop not having pb setup properly will cause ET crashes without any reason for the crash.....installing legacy should have worked if it was a PB issue but no harm running pbsrv.exe to be sure.

I've added pbsrv.exe to my cloud (link below), simply download, run and let it do its thing, once done go and see how you get on.

https://mega.nz/#!z9AEXSDB!Pbjild77aqs5WL8fZ8vbCdEXL1c97Ep3d6X_kf0w9Mc

GL

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Thanks 1

Hold up Im here now giddy giddy

your running a i3-9100F which is a 9th generation Processor

Your log is reporting a Intel Pentium III which is not even close to 4 ghz don't even need to google your having a read error that is a 32bit processor by default

You are going to need to delete etconfig.cfg files from you user profile in all etmain , profiles and mod-folders

This one C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\profiles\YOURNAME\etconfig.cfg

This one C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\jaymod\profiles\YOURNAME\etconfig.cfg

wait not done and this one

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\etconfig.cfg

When you are done next time you boot ET in any system it will write these files again then you can execute write or use and config you want

if all else fails create a shortcut on desktop of et.exe and change the target properties to this 

This should be what you see plus you add the color part with a space after the last "  

"F:\Wolfenstein- Enemy Territory\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +cvar_restart +exec etconfig.cfg +vid_restart

Spoiler

PIXELFORMAT: color(32-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(0-bits)
MODE: 4, 800 x 600 fullscreen hz:60
GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits
CPU: Intel Pentium III
rendering primitives: single glDrawElements
texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST
picmip: 1
texture bits: 0
multitexture: enabled
compiled vertex arrays: enabled
texenv add: enabled
compressed textures: enabled
anisotropy: 1.0
NV distance fog: disabled
Initializing Shaders
----- finished R_Init -----

------- sound initialization -------
Initializing DirectSound
------------------------------------
----- Sound Info -----
sound system is muted
    1 stereo
32768 samples
   16 samplebits
    1 submission_chunk
22050 speed
0x1E680050 dma buffer
No background file.
----------------------
Sound memory manager started
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Winsock Initialized
Opening IP socket: localhost:27960
Hostname: DESKTOP-0B6JINE
IP: 192.168.0.7

What you doing building a rocket XD

• 100 1

1 hour ago, DoubleDragon said:

Hold up Im here now giddy giddy

your running a i3-9100F which is a 9th generation Processor

Your log is reporting a Intel Pentium III which is not even close to 4 ghz don't even need to google your having a read error that is a 32bit processor by default

You are going to need to delete etconfig.cfg files from you user profile in all etmain , profiles and mod-folders

This one C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\profiles\YOURNAME\etconfig.cfg

This one C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\jaymod\profiles\YOURNAME\etconfig.cfg

wait not done and this one

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\etconfig.cfg

He's tried a clean installation so a default config has already been tested.

Okay... To sum up... I have tried every way there is maybe.. and it's not a fault of ET

DD tried many many stuffs via teamviewer (many thanks for that) but didn't work

I recently tried some other games... Like NFS rivals... Which got crashed too... I think it's totally a GFX card problem.... I will talk to the guy who installed the stuffs.... Maybe can get something from there... 

Your pc is windows 10 , right ? Why do you need GFX card anyway with win 10 and 8 GB ram . And I don't use GFX card , just got rid of it , seeing no difference.

Edit: my pc is 2 GB ram with win10 and I can still whip asses even playing medic I get around 70 kills in a map of 30 mins

Edited by Kai

3 minutes ago, Kai said:

Your pc is windows 10 , right ? Why do you need GFX card anyway with win 10 and 8 GB ram . And I don't use GFX card , just got rid of it , seeing no difference.

Edit: my pc is 2 GB ram with win10 and I can still whip asses even playing medic I get around 70 kills in a map of 30 mins

I don't need it... I wasn't home.. and the guy just installed it 😕

• Sad 1

Hi mate
Tell me, you have already tried, and this may not solve any problem, but try to go into the properties of the game and put it in compatibility for Windows 8 or earlier, you can also try Game Booster, but Well, this software is used to increase the FPS, I do not know if it will serve you .
If you have two hard drives installed on your PC, try installing the game on the hard drive that has the most space. Your problem is really strange. Have you tried to uninstall everything and reinstall everything? I will advise you to do it and copy only your etkey; in general, it is never good to install a copy of your old PC, it is always better to start from scratch!

2 minutes ago, Young Fox said:

Hi mate
Tell me, you have already tried, and this may not solve any problem, but try to go into the properties of the game and put it in compatibility for Windows 8 or earlier, you can also try Game Booster, but Well, this software is used to increase the FPS, I do not know if it will serve you .
If you have two hard drives installed on your PC, try installing the game on the hard drive that has the most space. Your problem is really strange. Have you tried to uninstall everything and reinstall everything? I will advise you to do it and copy only your etkey; in general, it is never good to install a copy of your old PC, it is always better to start from scratch!

Yes I tried the different compatibility didn't work

I did a fresh installation of etlegacy and et without copying anything, didn't work

The space isn't the problem as I had back up all my personal stuffs in external hdd