Insurgency-Server-2 INS #2 & INS #4 Server Updates & Feedback

Carbonautics

I don't see the need for such an anti TK/TA system at all. Sometimes you get a little damaged by teammates, so what? Medics can patch everyone up within seconds and that's what makes the medic mod fun to begin with. Most guests that play medic do a fair job at it.

People that intentionally TK will get kicked anyway, either by console or by a present admin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Carbonautics said:

I play for 2 hours straight yesterday

what server #2 or 4?

imo if you think some would like it or whatever keep it on #2 and those people can play there but dont want to see it on #4 as per feed back from some regulars there its for sure not for all so to keep people happy that's

my best thought on it would like to here what others think

Edited by D..X
  • Like 1

bb-maya

many and high server laggs
one point too hard
no fun for me

amber spirits
nice map, playable

angle
nice map, playable, sometimes spawn-laggs

block party
nice map, playable

Mod

Teammates run into my fire, my HP reduced = i die = the TK/TA prevention mod is good, for better gaming and tactics yes.
But not with invisibel molotov fire, kinda unfair.

Currently good adjusted

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Swaroop said:

bb-maya

many and high server laggs
one point too hard
no fun for me

amber spirits
nice map, playable

angle
nice map, playable, sometimes spawn-laggs

block party
nice map, playable

Mod

Teammates run into my fire, my HP reduced = i die = the TK/TA prevention mod is good, for better gaming and tactics yes.
But not with invisibel molotov fire, kinda unfair.

Currently good adjusted

Hmmm... bb-Maya map unplayable? I knew it's not a good map

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

INS#2 Server Updates:

1. Removed bb_maya_beta5, no other changes.

INS#4(MEDIC) Server Updates:

1. Removed bb_maya_beta5 after lots of negative feedback and experience myself too.

2. After getting lots of complaints of AFK players on this server, we have implemented an AFK Manager that will kick players based on following conditions(it's obvious that dead players won't be kicked):

a. Works only if you are in team/unassigned, if you are spectator you won't be kicked, (atleast not yet, maybe this will be enabled in the future if the server traffic increases).

b. Works only when there's 2 or more players actively connected on the server.

c. Warns player if player is afk for 2mins, it will show you eta to kick(time remaining until you are kicked).

d. Kicks afk player if player hasn't moved/ or moved his aim/mouse for 4mins(ofc it warns first like said above).

e. As of now admins aren't immune to this manager, so admins can get kicked too(will be enabled in future with some optimized settings).

Any further suggestions to improve our servers are always welcome. (If you have provided suggestions thank you for helping us out.)

• Like 2
  • 100 2

Server #4 maps:

I wanted to make a list of maps  that I have enjoyed, but cant find a complete list with pictures that helped me to remember the names :D.

I dislike all the maps with bushes cos tehy prevent me from seeing the bots and still the bots can see me ( after considering  I admit that this seems to be the meaning of bushes in some cases ).

1 good map with quite balanced features is

depot ( dusty streets and metrotunnels beneath ).

I havent asked about it a lot but at least 1 other person likes it!

Maps I really dont enjoy with 8+ players are the "tunnelruns" like launch_control. 

Bots have 0 possibility to even get close to recapturing anything in the counterattacks cos they will burn in the bottlenecks ( which the tunnel is ). With around max 4 ppl its fine, not as many tk´s either.

Maybe could consider having less possibility to have huge amount of incendiaries too. Now you can have M203 incendiary launcher in your rifle, a M79 napalm launcher and 1 incendiary grenade in your setup 😆!!!

Maybe 1 incendiary object would be enough?

Edited by Yoka
Added 1 more suggestion
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

BB Maya map is horrible... bugs, bugs, bugs... and not fun to play...

Blockparty is really good map...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I search for some ideas for our PVP and Coop server....
First idea of me is to make the coop server only coop checkpoint mode, not all of the other modes... maybe with new maps (if new maps can add to coop server)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izygowie said:

There's a bug in #4 when an Engineer's ammo cache doesn't let you resupply and even display a timer. Can you fix it, please?

Looking into it.

30 minutes ago, ViP3r* said:

BB Maya map is horrible... bugs, bugs, bugs... and not fun to play...

Blockparty is really good map...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I search for some ideas for our PVP and Coop server....
First idea of me is to make the coop server only coop checkpoint mode, not all of the other modes... maybe with new maps (if new maps can add to coop server)

Maya was removed, just a couple of days after it was put in, let me check again. As for coop which server are we talking about? Both 2 and 4 are checkpoint only afaik

1 hour ago, Carbonautics said:

Looking into it.

Maya was removed, just a couple of days after it was put in, let me check again. As for coop which server are we talking about? Both 2 and 4 are checkpoint only afaik

I played Maya map couple of hours before, so it is still on server (#2)

We have 4 INS server... #4 Bot-medic.... #2 Bot non medic... #1 coop recruiting.... & #3 PVP

I mean #1 and #3 nobody is playing on it... we have to keep them more active

• Like 1

Just played on both ins #2 and #4 last night for the first time in about a year and a half, and had no issues.  The suicide bombers on #4 keep you on your toes, no relaxing lol.  And #2 is great for just picking wild loadouts and having a blast with friends.  No noticable lag other than the servers are based overseas from me so my ping hovers around 120.  But it's not annoying.  My shots still register.  I like the engineer and medic implementation.  Makes things much more realistic on #4.  So no complaints from me.  Bravo Carbo.  Good work buddy.

• Like 3

First of ins#2 works quite good at the moment. BUT the item decay is still kinda bad. E.g. you kill a bot and you "need" the rpg he has, you come close to him and in the second you wanna pic it up it decays 😞  is there a timer with which you can control this? If yes let the items start decay at 1 minute. Would be great.

I have some custom mods for the servers. Maybe you can use them, most of them are cosmetique changes but they look and work great:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0x6azkhqnq0moxm/Archiv.zip?dl=0

Dust 2 added on test server along with other great stuff(update for server4 and server2 coming before monday), d1 is unfortunately hunt only coop mode, so we can't have it on the servers.

1 hour ago, GH0ST said:

I have some custom mods for the servers.

I went through your files, Thanks for suggesting, but since we are looking to add, not replace weapons, we can't use it server side, but you can go ahead and make a workshop collection, so people who want to try them out and feel it's good can have them client side.

In case it's not on workshop, try to find who the creator of the mod is, and get his permission for re-upload (also give him/her credits even if he says you can use it anyhow you want to).

• Like 1