COD4 Server COD4 crashing

The Partisan GR

Question

After the latest windows update (August 2019), my COD4 keeps crashing. I've tried unistalling/reinstalling, nothing works.

I'm running windows 10, 64 bit. I was on COD4 1.8 before the crash, non-Steam version (hard copy).

Anyone facing similar problems?

Edited by The Partisan GR

5 answers to this question

OK, found it. It was the damn sound, the stereo mix! The windows update somehow had turned it off, and the game refused to run after that. Thankfully, some guy on the internet mentioned the problem, else I would have never thought of it. I mean, how the hell do they make things so complicated and easy to mess up?

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions guys and for answering my distress signal. :)

Installed it again about two weeks ago.  I have the Steam version and have not had any problems at all... Are your drivers up to date? I would try a hard uninstall through an outside program just in case some files are conflicting and are causing the crash.