Hardcore Mixed Maps

Disco

Ya, that's what I was thinking, like the game should know which player dealt the most damage to the chopper, so whoever does could get a reward. I like Black Angel's suggestion too, at least you would get some recognition that you were shooting it. I don't know how many times I've been gunned down while taking one out, protecting teammates at my own expense.

Taking one for the team is a honour and you shouldn't be asking for a reward. Usually, after I got shot twice by the heli I call the team mates (well, team mates... they didn't shot the chopper...) and followed by a "thnx".

I'll try to find out if it is possible in a few days :)

BTW, I didn't mean to sound completely selfishly motivated about the chopper thing, I would gladly continue to play as is, remember this was a suggestion, not a complaint, and I fully get the distinction. Black Angel, your reply to my thread saying "that it is an honor to take one for the team"and "you shouldn't be asking for a reward", seems to imply that my motive was ONLY in self interest. It was, only in part, and I fully agree with your comment. However, my motive was intended to be more along the lines of creating an incentive for others to do the same in an effort to promote more team cooperation, especially in the maps where we are trying to capture and hold flags and/or HQs. I just don't want folks getting the wrong idea of me, especially folks I haven't had the pleasure of playing with yet.

Thanks, Peace, One Love!

Edited by soulJAHmon

Ah, sarcasm still isn't send over the internet nicely :P Of course that isn't the issue, but indeed it's comparable as with HQ "captured the flag". It would be nice to have it.

Edited by Rolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i noticed that it's usually the players who are trying to flank who shoot at the heli. i guess that makes sense b/c when they're in the open they're the ones most likely to be shot at by the heli. not coincidentally the flanking players are usually the ones with the highest score. so in the end, it appears as if only the "good" players are shooting the heli. most of the time the good players are too humble to call out their less-skilled comrades for not shooting the heli, but it would be interesting if, like assists in non-hardcore modes, the player who shoots down the heli or deals the most damage to the heli gets some bonus points, like +2 or +5 as opposed to +10. haha just my 2 cents...

• 1 year later...

Excellent idea, I find a good mix is to put a FFA map after a slow bigger map, maybe after Overgrown S&D or something then back to a another game type.. One one map I agree with though or if enough maps in rotation then 5 maps/games apart.

Depends on numbers which map you pick, that server doesn't seem to get over 30/40 players in so perhaps a smaller map?

Excellent idea, I find a good mix is to put a FFA map after a slow bigger map, maybe after Overgrown S&D or something then back to a another game type.. One one map I agree with though or if enough maps in rotation then 5 maps/games apart.

Depends on numbers which map you pick, that server doesn't seem to get over 30/40 players in so perhaps a smaller map?

please dont bump old topic. Look at the date, its from 2010!

suggested either posting on more recent topic or starting a new one....

• Like 1