Hardcore Mixed Maps

Disco

I just figured that since Mixed is in the name of the Hardcore server, we should bring at least one FFA map back. I miss it and I've heard that others do, too.

Of all the maps, I agree with a previous post in a different thread, that Pipeline would be the best map for it.

Granted, some people hate FFA but some people hate S&D, also. It would be cool to have a mixed server that can legitimately be referred to as mixed. :D

The respawn timer prevents mass camping...if you click u can scroll through and see where the nubs are !!!

I think it's possible to prevent spectating of other people. However, I think that a respawn timer is good to have. Just not one that lasts 15 seconds. :unsure:

I liked the 10 second timer, mainly to find my next target (ie camper.)

Think those complaining are not taking advantage of the feature.

Yeah, i haven't done that. Just waited and cursed that it's so long.

FFA in wetwork would be insane. :)

Yeah, i haven't done that. Just waited and cursed that it's so long.

FFA in wetwork would be insane. :)

FFA wetwork would remind me too much of FFA killhouse and I'd probably /wrists within the first 5 minutes. lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The whole reson I started playin =F|A= mixed game was because I like the mix of games. Then I met and was forced to love some of you like only a mother could lol. I don't know how much it takes to switch out maps and game types but I like the mix of everything. I like all game types on all maps. just sometimes wish they would be changed more frequently. just imo

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure what the FAA gametype is, but I really agree with King, I enjoy all game types for different reasons and I think the best possible senario would be to include every map and style possible, so that the rotation would be max varied and always changing. That would be awesome. Boredom is the ultimate enemy. Variety is the spice of life. That would be the only sure-fire way to appease the crowd, cause dere would be a little sumting dere fo everbody! If what I'm suggesting is not possible or problematic because of limitations, I totally understand.

Another suggestion I've been thinkin about for a while is trying a map where there is no airstrikes or heli's, strictly mano a mano all the way. That sounds fun to me, at least once in a while. Some maps seem to be too dominated by air power that overshadows the actual player to player feel of the game.

One last suggestion, and I don't know if it's even possible, but I'd love to see a player get some kind of credit for downing chopper's other than the fact your less likely to die from one if you shoot it. If I had a dollar for every time I shot one down with little to no help from teammates I'd be able to retire already, lol. I'm sure this feeling is shared by many of you. If there was some kind of small reward for doing it I think more players would do it.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the subject, thanks for your time, Peace...One Love!

The whole reson I started playin =F|A= mixed game was because I like the mix of games. Then I met and was forced to love some of you like only a mother could lol. I don't know how much it takes to switch out maps and game types but I like the mix of everything. I like all game types on all maps. just sometimes wish they would be changed more frequently. just imo

Couldn't agree more

I'm not sure what the FAA gametype is, but I really agree with King, I enjoy all game types for different reasons and I think the best possible senario would be to include every map and style possible, so that the rotation would be max varied and always changing. That would be awesome. Boredom is the ultimate enemy. Variety is the spice of life. That would be the only sure-fire way to appease the crowd, cause dere would be a little sumting dere fo everbody! If what I'm suggesting is not possible or problematic because of limitations, I totally understand.

Another suggestion I've been thinkin about for a while is trying a map where there is no airstrikes or heli's, strictly mano a mano all the way. That sounds fun to me, at least once in a while. Some maps seem to be too dominated by air power that overshadows the actual player to player feel of the game.

One last suggestion, and I don't know if it's even possible, but I'd love to see a player get some kind of credit for downing chopper's other than the fact your less likely to die from one if you shoot it. If I had a dollar for every time I shot one down with little to no help from teammates I'd be able to retire already, lol. I'm sure this feeling is shared by many of you. If there was some kind of small reward for doing it I think more players would do it.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the subject, thanks for your time, Peace...One Love!

I second that thought. Some kind of credit for downing a chopper would be nice, but with so many (sometimes) shooting at it how would you tell who actually brought it down?

I second that thought. Some kind of credit for downing a chopper would be nice, but with so many (sometimes) shooting at it how would you tell who actually brought it down?

Since it's a challenge, it must be able to assign it to someone. Would be nice to have a text saying "blackangel shot the chopper" or something, but I don't know if there's a package for it.

Ya, that's what I was thinking, like the game should know which player dealt the most damage to the chopper, so whoever does could get a reward. I like Black Angel's suggestion too, at least you would get some recognition that you were shooting it. I don't know how many times I've been gunned down while taking one out, protecting teammates at my own expense.