Homecoming

kristy

Homecoming is coming up, or at least for my school, it is. Share your horror stories! How you asked her/him out or how they asked you...what happened at the dance...blah blah, all that crap.

Also: i need some advice-how do you politely decline a guy and ask another guy out? I know i'm talking to a guy-majority so I'd like to hear your opinions :D

Be to the point on the dump, but not obnoxious. Make it clear that you have somebody else you want to go out with and most guys will back off. Plus, the longer you draw it out, the more embarassing and painful the denial is for both people. It's like a band-aid. Rip it off quickly and be stinging for a while, rather than peeling it slowly away and feeling every individual pain in great detail.

Same with asking. Being upfront about it will a) leave no room for misinterpretation, and B) will allow you to hopefully get an upfront answer as well. An early yes staves off the whores and bimbos from your choice, and an early no allows you more time to choose a second person. Nothing stops you from a romantic / awesome proposal, but it takes time, planning, and if you haven't put it into motion by the start of homecoming, you might as well do it the normal way of just asking.

I never liked homecoming, so I tend to ignore everything that occurs during that week. I mainly just laugh at all the foolishness that occurs (pirate vs. ninja day resulted in some fail ninjas (seriously, sushi man does not equal ninja)). Also the dance DJs tend to suck, so I avoid the dance like the plague.

Lmao we don't have homecoming here in Holland

I think all that american stoof is kinda stupid rofl :sorry

Also all those cheerleaders.. rofl it just makes me laugh lol :D

I agree all that stuff is dumb.

dont laugh tooo hard in your wood shoes and leiderhosen. :lol:

:o cheerleaders are the best alex!!! and malokyte had a really good description imo on what to do, only thing I say different is I liked homecoming for all the whores and bimbos lol it was just to easy, dance was aight but like he said be to the point on both don't draw it out... thats never good lol

• Administrators

Lol we don't have it in Canada either :lol:.

America has homecoming. Canada has sex. I think the Canadian version wins =P

Dunno bout BC, but back when I went to H.S. here in Ontario we had homecoming I guess it has something to do with football, but we were all drunk and I ended up in a motel room with this girl Gina from my Italian class, that was my first time I ever cheated on my gf and not the last.....

was gonna go with gf, but she got in trouble with her mom, so she couldn't go anywhere. I just hung out with bros and after the dance, all jumped in truck and got drunk. lol ah good times, all singing to metal tunes and boozing it. didn't get back home until 5 in the morning.