ET Server Suggestion Jay 1 Non-Map Suggestions

-=HipKat=-

The map.script would have to manually modified for each setchargetimefactor and uploaded to the server map/scripts folder

Unfortunately I said to set it to 2 that would speed it up you would need to decrease the number from 1 and down like 0.75 0.5 etc wow getting old

need to double check that to be sure and fix the previous post

disregard is 1 and up 

Yep old age is upon me excited jonah hill GIF

Edited by DoubleDragon

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, DoubleDragon said:

also the race in Darlington where I live noise level last night didn't end till 2am had to sleep with ear plugs

Why so late? Did it rain there yesterday?

• Administrators
On 9/1/2019 at 6:31 PM, -=HipKat=- said:

Less Rifle-nades, M97's and only 1 Heavy MG and a limit on the poison gas and arty that gets spammed horribly. I've sat back in a corner and just listened to one person throw non-stop arty. I mean non-stop. 

1. This what others tell me i.e. half time rifle nade engie guys gets killed with camping medic SMG. They want to make rifle nade more powerful! But you ask other wise. 

2. MG's are already limited.

3. You can't spam artillery. Their is no non-stop artillery at all. team_maxArtillery is set to 1 on jaymod which is the lowest number you can go. It's 1 artillery per minute. 

I have a feeling again you are doing exaggeration as usual. If you can record the demo where you can prove that anyone can call more then 1 artillery, I would believe you. 

If not knife, then M97 and if not shotguns then rifle nade. Why you can't play on hardcore or silent1 or etpro which is exactly what you want?  We even have ETPRO but I have seen zero help from you to get it popular which is in fact you like. 

• Like 4

• Platinum VIP
57 minutes ago, daredevil said:

1. This what others tell me i.e. half time rifle nade engie guys gets killed with camping medic SMG. They want to make rifle nade more powerful! But you ask other wise. 

2. MG's are already limited.

3. You can't spam artillery. Their is no non-stop artillery at all. team_maxArtillery is set to 1 on jaymod which is the lowest number you can go. It's 1 artillery per minute. 

I have a feeling again you are doing exaggeration as usual. If you can record the demo where you can prove that anyone can call more then 1 artillery, I would believe you. 

If not knife, then M97 and if not shotguns then rifle nade. Why you can't play on hardcore or silent1 or etpro which is exactly what you want?  We even have ETPRO but I have seen zero help from you to get it popular which is in fact you like. 

You know what, bro. We're having a pretty chill conversation here and you come in accusing. I already explained why I don't play on HC or Silent and ETPro is dead. It's over. It's not going to happen. Randoms playing briefly at random times is not an active server.

I didn't call for weaker nades, I said less rifle nades. What you "hear" isn't what the experience is, but I'll get your demo for you, so you can hear it for yourself, Making it more fun for everybody includes me and the people who may f eel like I do. We're part of the "everybody", too

Edited by -=HipKat=-

In my opinion ,  m97 , rg and poison knives are just ok.

Jay1 doesn't have Molotov , poison knives are just good replacement. If one engi is alone and is near obj with low HP , those knives are useful .

M97 and rg just keep the good players in check.

Bunny , nightmare Madeira always get  around 120 kills in a 30 mins map, max I have seen in bunny case is 171 yet , which is just insane.

If those weapons are limited , bunny can easily reach 200 , which is like 3X kills an average player gets.

As per artillery, at start of map we have 2 .

After around every 51 secs or so we get recharged , if no 1 uses arty or airstrike in 102 secs , we can do 2 arty.

What's more , we can use a bug in jay1.throw airstrike and do arty after like 3 secs , you can utilise both of them in 1 recharge. Yes it will take around 102 secs to do next arty , but it's really effective in last moment obj or when there are too many at one spot.

I once saved the day with this technique in kerkyra , 12 mins left and all 3 obj secured in tank , you can know how difficult it was for allies to win at that time..

So in short , the server settings are just ok.

The server activity is just good , there's no need for any change

• Platinum VIP

This demo, you'll have to jump ahead to where the time Remaining is about 16 minutes, but right then, it jumps to 21 minutes as Axis advances, but for about a minute I follow the arty sounds and it's non-stop

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h9dzchan2j50h8r/2019-09-02-204206-mml_minastirith_fp3.dm_84/file

• Platinum VIP
29 minutes ago, Kai said:

In my opinion ,  m97 , rg and poison knives are just ok.

Jay1 doesn't have Molotov , poison knives are just good replacement. If one engi is alone and is near obj with low HP , those knives are useful .

M97 and rg just keep the good players in check.

Bunny , nightmare Madeira always get  around 120 kills in a 30 mins map, max I have seen in bunny case is 171 yet , which is just insane.

If those weapons are limited , bunny can easily reach 200 , which is like 3X kills an average player gets.

As per artillery, at start of map we have 2 .

After around every 51 secs or so we get recharged , if no 1 uses arty or airstrike in 102 secs , we can do 2 arty.

What's more , we can use a bug in jay1.throw airstrike and do arty after like 3 secs , you can utilise both of them in 1 recharge. Yes it will take around 102 secs to do next arty , but it's really effective in last moment obj or when there are too many at one spot.

I once saved the day with this technique in kerkyra , 12 mins left and all 3 obj secured in tank , you can know how difficult it was for allies to win at that time..

So in short , the server settings are just ok.

The server activity is just good , there's no need for any change

So you're saying limit the abilities of everyone on the server because 2 or 3 guys are High++ Skilled?

53 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

So you're saying limit the abilities of everyone on the server because 2 or 3 guys are High++ Skilled?

I only mentioned 3 but there are many more , they are not high++ or STH , but they do have good aim. When it is 26 v 25 , only SMG shooting will lead you nowhere , it's usually 3 v 1 , 5 v 2 in combats , in which SMG won't be much help , we need explosions to clear the path , besides ppls complain could be because they had a rough day or something , or they might have anticipated something  and something else happened .

But this doesn't change anything 🤗🤗

They still play no matter what.

mem10.jpg

Edited by Kai

• Platinum VIP
44 minutes ago, Kai said:

I only mentioned 3 but there are many more , they are not high++ or STH , but they do have good aim. When it is 26 v 25 , only SMG shooting will lead you nowhere , it's usually 3 v 1 , 5 v 2 in combats , in which SMG won't be much help , we need explosions to clear the path , besides ppls complain could be because they had a rough day or something , or they might have anticipated something  and something else happened .

But this doesn't change anything 🤗🤗

They still play no matter what.

mem10.jpg

Did you ever think that the reason they play no matter what is because there’s nowhere else to play?

• Confused 1

• Administrators
10 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

This demo, you'll have to jump ahead to where the time Remaining is about 16 minutes, but right then, it jumps to 21 minutes as Axis advances, but for about a minute I follow the arty sounds and it's non-stop

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h9dzchan2j50h8r/2019-09-02-204206-mml_minastirith_fp3.dm_84/file

You do know that we don't have controls on event, right? If he was able to call artillery on first time itself then you wouldn't listen that next time, it to begin with. He wasn't and hence arty sound. We had fixed in silent mod for land mines -  Jaymod spams up land mine notifications as well. 

Yes I had tried in past to restore half charge bar on fail arty strike but people asked to revert it and hence it was reverted. I think you can only hear it if you are near to the field op/area. If you are little far you shouldn't be able to hear it. I haven't checked on event code for a long time so i could be wrong. 

example - 

g_landmineNotifyType
Description:

Decide which landmine reveal notifications server should send. 

Server can send two types of landmines reveal notification. Standard one, generated (sent) for each landmine revealed and summary one, which is sent after player spotting landmines stops using binoculars. It's generated after each binculars zoom.

Type: [0|1|2|3]
Parameters:

0 Only standard notfications (for each landmine revealed).

1 Only single summary notifications for one binocs zoom. New type of notification. For example: during one binocs zoom, 3 mines were revealed, but only 1 summary notification is sent. It contains information: 3 mines spotted by "player name" and last one was in location "some location".

2 Don't send any landmine notifications.

3 Send all notifications. For example: for 3 spotted landmines send 4 notifications (3 for each landmine + 1 summary notification).

Default: 3

Recommended: 1

12 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

You know what, bro. We're having a pretty chill conversation here and you come in accusing. I already explained why I don't play on HC or Silent and ETPro is dead. It's over. It's not going to happen. Randoms playing briefly at random times is not an active server.

I didn't call for weaker nades, I said less rifle nades. What you "hear" isn't what the experience is, but I'll get your demo for you, so you can hear it for yourself, Making it more fun for everybody includes me and the people who may f eel like I do. We're part of the "everybody", too

Actually no - I have seen similar pattern from you i.e. in map topic about fueldump, hype on icons topic, same with destiny in map topic, for knifes, etc. 

Example this -  Like New Icons Yuk! No screenshot highlighting what you see.  How I can even figure it out. Mobile theme isn't changed and table i don't have it so i can't test unless I use browser to simulate the behavior. 

Either you do it knowingly or unknowingly but I am seeing similar pattern lately. This was not how you used to talk before. 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, daredevil said:

You do know that we don't have controls on event, right? If he was able to call artillery on first time itself then you wouldn't listen that next time, it to begin with. He wasn't and hence arty sound. We had fixed in silent mod for land mines -  Jaymod spams up land mine notifications as well. 

Yes I had tried in past to restore half charge bar on fail arty strike but people asked to revert it and hence it was reverted. I think you can only hear it if you are near to the field op/area. If you are little far you shouldn't be able to hear it. I haven't checked on event code for a long time so i could be wrong. 

example - 

g_landmineNotifyType
Description:

Decide which landmine reveal notifications server should send. 

Server can send two types of landmines reveal notification. Standard one, generated (sent) for each landmine revealed and summary one, which is sent after player spotting landmines stops using binoculars. It's generated after each binculars zoom.

Type: [0|1|2|3]
Parameters:

0 Only standard notfications (for each landmine revealed).

1 Only single summary notifications for one binocs zoom. New type of notification. For example: during one binocs zoom, 3 mines were revealed, but only 1 summary notification is sent. It contains information: 3 mines spotted by "player name" and last one was in location "some location".

2 Don't send any landmine notifications.

3 Send all notifications. For example: for 3 spotted landmines send 4 notifications (3 for each landmine + 1 summary notification).

Default: 3

Recommended: 1

Actually no - I have seen similar pattern from you i.e. in map topic about fueldump, hype on icons topic, same with destiny in map topic, for knifes, etc. 

Example this -  Like New Icons Yuk! No screenshot highlighting what you see.  How I can even figure it out. Mobile theme isn't changed and table i don't have it so i can't test unless I use browser to simulate the behavior. 

Either you do it knowingly or unknowingly but I am seeing similar pattern lately. This was not how you used to talk before. 

I didn’t post a screenshot on the icons because I wasn’t the only one seeing it so it’s not really fair to hang that on me when it wasn’t just me and I did eventually post a screenshot.

I don’t complain about poison knives because people seem to have gotten away from using them so often. Some still do but it’s not out of control like it used to be and as far as the arty, on this map since I was playing sniper I was away from most of the action but when  I got closer is when I can hear it. I never use arty, so I don’t know how it actually works, all I know is that there are times where you can Hear it nonstop.

Finally, like I said we were having a pretty casual conversation here until you came in came at me all harsh. I don’t know why you do that. You’re the coolest guyever in pm’s on Discord but then on here, whenever you interact with me, you come across like you’re my boss or something. You’re not my boss. I’m not one of your jr admins. 

If it was me, I would be happy to see somebody that’s not a member take a continual interest in trying to improve the servers and make it a better experience for everybody. You choose to take me for granted though whenever I make suggestions.

And one last thing, I haven’t had any beef with anybody on the servers in a long time. So I don’t know what you mean by I sound like I used to

• Platinum VIP

Here's a perfect example. Over half my deaths 11 in all were by Rifle 'nade by 5 different people. Gas all over the map for the whole thing. There's no reason for there to be able to have half the people on the server using rifle-nades

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hlk3czm2gdm61e1/2019-09-03-201041-et_beach.dm_84/file

7 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Here's a perfect example. Over half my deaths 11 in all were by Rifle 'nade by 5 different people. Gas all over the map for the whole thing. There's no reason for there to be able to have half the people on the server using rifle-nades

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hlk3czm2gdm61e1/2019-09-03-201041-et_beach.dm_84/file

Hmm. 

First off, the reason why rifle nades are so strong, is because flackjackets are not enabled for other classes besides engineers, thank god. You know why? If they were, Engineers will be less usefull, because medics will be less vunerable against explosives ( More rambo meds ), There is a reason why teamplay is working pretty well on such a full server like jay1. You can easily survive a rifle grenade by using double jump in smart cases, warp away from the grenade, or focus on fast headshots in duels. Pretty much a skill thing. I am been killed 5 times in a row by panzer from the same player, ofc it can be frustrating, but only thing you can do is changed your tactics, there are players who barely die in a round and yet gain over 60/70 kills. ;)

I am following this topic since your complaining about it started, and I all I see is that you are talking about your own personal experience, if you can redirect me to any topic regarding this, or providing screenshots from other players who complain about it, I will accept your reasons of complaining. I enjoy jay1 as it is, since the begin of FA its mostly theire most populair server for a reason. Don't change things if they are already perfect in theire state, which jay1 is atm. ET isn't that populair anymore, and I am glad thanks to FA I can still enjoy it. :) 

Also, this is a map suggestions topic, aren't we getting a little bit off-topic?

I don't what happend with you bro, but this is not the HipKat I know.  

Edited by equaLz