Help! ET Problem, black screen

ant1y

Hi, I was on Minis Tirith before, I ended up changing a setting with hunkmegs or something, everytime I try join server now my games just broke, i cant get into a game, i tried reinstalling ET, using PK3 cleaner etc. Nothing is working.

Ive tried installing random cfg like mAus cfg but this is what my screen looks like in game.

I dont understand whats happening, it looks like a PK3 issue, i have just recently updated to new NVIDIA drivers, but i was playing fine while they was updated? Maybe its a hunkmegs issue, ive tried loads of dif settings but cant fix? Cant remember what I had it set too before i messed with it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: Little bit of context if I load ET, without clicking anything menu looks fine, its just as soon as i click FA beginners for example, the whole right section on the loading section is blacked out!

shot0000.thumb.jpg.5e0b92e855d7b5c59b87fed4464f1d84.jpg

et issue.png

et issue2.png

• Surprise 1

First try do /cvar_restart and then /vid_restart to see if that fixes the issue. If that doesn't fix it then it's likely a problem with the driver update, try rolling back your drivers to the last version that worked.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

3 minutes ago, ElEl said:

First try do /cvar_restart and then /vid_restart to see if that fixes the issue. If that doesn't fix it then it's likely a problem with the driver update, try rolling back your drivers to the last version that worked.

Thank you so much! it seems to work, what kind of CVAR even does this, it wasnt primitives as i checked! something must have just messed up, ty!

Literally when i exec my cfg it looks like this now, literally looks like a half wallhack or something! I dont understand, its the same cfg i always used, any idea on the CVAR thats breaking this?

shot0000.jpg

• Like 1

Could you upload your config, I'll take a look. I think it's a problem with your graphics drivers though, maybe a rollback wouldn't be a bad idea just to test if it fixes it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barn!e said:

when you get to server /exec etconfig.cfg it will reset to stock. If that doesnt help look at console for current com_hunkmegs etc and see what it is set to.

Fixed it, downloaded another random cfg online, exec it, ensured all mine was gone and its fixed. Probably is an issue with graphics but seems to be working now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ant1y said:

Fixed it

Glad to hear it. There was probably a render cvar (r_something) in the config you were testing that wasn't set in your own config so when you tried execing that to change back, it didn't alter the render cvar that got changed from the test config (I seem to be tripping on my words 😛). Doesn't matter now that it's fixed though.

10 minutes ago, Barn!e said:

when you get to server /exec etconfig.cfg it will reset to stock.

This only works if you have a stock config with the name etconfig.cfg in your etmain folder. I don't so when I tried doing that in game I got 'couldn't exec etconfig.cfg'. /cvar_restart is so much easier than loading up a stock config anyway 😜.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...