FA Fuel Dump and waypoints - Enemy Territory Map

DoubleDragon

I also patched the area together so you wont see a empty space now

Debating if I should start removing more entities the fps lag is still present looking toward Dump if I add more spawns to dump it could increase the fps lag

removing malforms and wasted shaders had little increase but not as much as it would removing entities

Cause Im still coming up with a high number of entities from calculation 742 would like to have it below 500 if possible see below

func_group and func_static are removed during compile and converted to non-solid brushes

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by DoubleDragon

LOL the spline_control count is unreal I found one of the problems

You never use this many they're only for sharp turns and turning around and most times never required really tank doesn't turn that fast

spacer.png

FPS lag is dropping almost at required range for lower fps :)

spacer.png

Getting close just need to put a few spawns in and adjust some entities

Clipping is complete as you can see now there is no possible way to trick jump the gate

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.12575786e23856f56bf8c217c19cdf71.jpg

Both CPs now have ammo cabinets will adjust fueldump and add one so both teams will have one at end but the cabinet will not be inside the Depot it will be at the tunnel exit door

This will create a vantage point for both teams to keep it fair play

Allies CP at start

2019-09-14-172440-fa_fueldump.jpg.2897047836733c5031df2129ba68d404.jpg

Axis CP at at Fueldump

2019-09-14-185119-fa_fueldump.jpg.2ad58306915881e654e38526dfa06209.jpg

Tunnel Exit door is now sealed to Fueldump only Allies and Covertops can open it

2019-09-14-190159-fa_fueldump.jpg.25a74d60a0c585d67decfa5389b95fae.jpg

Work is slowing it down but almost done ;) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

You can get up here now from the backside above the tunnel only small section is open for spectators to go through so they don't have to follow people etc

I'll try tomorrow and script the sounds and points to finish if Im not to tired :) 

2019-09-15-000036-fa_fueldump.jpg.3bddc1e22fc9ea85db36ebabc8eabb18.jpg

I know there is some small details like light polls missing texture got a floating wire here and there that is all I saw so you know I know editor has to leave some details unchecked to be sure its his work 😛 

Edited by DoubleDragon
  • Like 2

Im still working out some things like this ammo box running out not liking that to much it's got a unlimited rate but it's refresh is so slow

Besides that scripting is done the sounds for everything has been removed cause there is no reverse sounds just only tank fixed etc

after this ammo box fix I will do the waypoints sometime tonight maybe then do a repack

2019-09-16-173659-fa_fueldump.jpg.80d0f005f3c71224d96e208f8b7608e3.jpg

• Like 1

Im pretty good with entities and scripting none the less I still find some of the bugs to be unique and still not resolved with new gtk radiant updates

Tried this with 1.3.5 - 1.6.5

The only way I can think of fixing tabk bug quickly for now is to remove the health damage so it doesn't disable when hit but this removes the mounted gun option but it's visible 

see videos below for more detailed description

fueldump reversed tank script_mover spawnflags bug

goldrush reversed tank scruot_mover spawnflags bug

If you want to run this like it is now I am done with it until I come up with a script to attached to the tank_construct to use with the script_mover

either it will be a trigger_objective_info

or a

target_script_trigger or possibly both

and rewrite the script to setstate tank invisible and swap it with another entity this can take longer then expected but not impossible just takes time to make a clean script with accums involved

• Sad 1