ET Fueldump suggestions

DoubleDragon

@HipKat you should put in to making it better or make it more playable if you don't like Originals design

There is no ice so there is a river now to cross not deep it is original depth of ice to bed only changes is the models

Had to remove a ton that were either missing or wasting space and just simply used it's clip as a brush and textures it

You have some time just started today but once I get the mechanics straight on this tank's tag_s Im done with remapping fueldump

This is what it's basically going to look like through out the map as requested a Green Fueldump this is all stock shaders

the trees are imported from here https://www.moddb.com/games/wolfenstein-enemy-territory/addons/green-trees only change

spacer.png

The tags from a new turrent should be complete tomorrow just need to update origins

The tank is from Oasis hardly ever seen this one used because the turrent and body is a script mover using model2 so skinning it was not possible with the way it's scripted

and the turrent model is glitched on rebuilding it with oasis turrent from pak0.pk3 so I just took the one from fueldump and imported it to blender now just using Q3 Model Tool to find origin position and re-export until it's right that's about it Im hoping it wont take to long tomorrow but doctors can be slow sometimes.

spacer.png

This is a remap request for a possible fps fix for players entity count was cut down from 2867 entites you can minus 1077  for func_group's = 1790 in total down to 601 with out func_group's calculated

So if you lagged before you shouldn't to much now until testing is complete that is 

Unfortunately I was going to finish this today but sense I have a doctors appointment at 8am I have to go to bed 😴

Every one should have a chance to voice their opinion :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP

I don't lag on it as it is. Someone else said they have lags. The point isn't hat I don't like the map, it's just the most worn out map on the server with me.

Any way to put this into a server to have players come in and test this out?

Also is the little invisible wall still a thing in this version? The one to deny the trick jump on the left side of the base? In that area I like the more full trees. Potentially allowing axis to get into tunnels without getting hit by the snipers on the hill.

Looks good so far, hope to see more screenshots!

No the invisible clip wasn't there but was added yesterday I do however have to rotate the tree it is inside the building

there is some clipping that needs to be fixed for new models almost finished that

tower_clip.jpg.8697d784c7fb5dbf98f75b9bdb443a28.jpg

I cheated on the turrent so who ever needs to know churchhill_turrent_oasis.md3 in pak0.pk3 is missing a tag_ file and is corrupt my opinion even after blender remapping the shader on it the tag_ location would change origin but the gun would still shoot from the belly of the turrent so just do this below for a quick change

just change the shader path to oasis for models/mapobjects/tanks_sd/churchhill_turret.md3

and make sure you open this from GAME to make the Shader File read it must be in pak0.pk3 to be commited or changed

change from churchill_flat.tga to churchill_flat_oasis.tga

the shader file modelsmapojects must also contain the correct shader path you can modify GAME pak0.pk3

but just remember you changed it and change it back from a backup file so you don't get missmatch client errors when connecting to servers

texture_edit.jpg.b55401bd9996cded61c19db217060547.jpg

More screenshots because my quota is limited to 2mb they are uploaded to google pictures

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP

Dude, I have so much respect and admiration for guys like you and Smiley that can create and edit Maps this way. That’s a real skill!

• Like 1

thanks it's what you call a pleasure to do it

back in the day I use to do it and no one knew who did it but had a lot of naysayers couldn't do nothing but laugh inside

technically done remapping the whole thing and is uploaded to the site

But it still needs some fine tuning for skips and hints and brush works unseen to stable the map with using animated trees 

The skybox is fixing to get trashed from what was left the func_group with the old shader face counts thinking of clipping the map in half and divide the shader counts it has some fps issues but shouldn't result in any max entity counts can support up to 100 bots now hehe if your pc can handle it

but really it's got to many clips and hints right now from default map all shader faces count they are rendered even the unseen ones the processor has to handle them 

I may even remove them all and just stick to what I was doing before less is better skips don't really work in world on in rooms big area's at 4000 blocks wouldn't have no effect unless it's behind a clip in front of a entity 

• Like 1

With a lot of tree cover in the first phase of the map, I wonder how beneficial that would be for axis/hindrance for allied snipers. Looks like sniper spots allies can have back there is limited.