Windows Folder Permissions

Renegade Pig

I know this is a late reply, but please never activate the "Super admin" account unless you absolutely need to.
Many, many exploits and malware kits look for this account being active.

Anything is possible using Safe Mode and the permissions window without activating the "superuser" account.

• 100 2

4 hours ago, Xernicus said:

I know this is a late reply, but please never activate the "Super admin" account unless you absolutely need to.
Many, many exploits and malware kits look for this account being active.

Anything is possible using Safe Mode and the permissions window without activating the "superuser" account.

I'd agree and at the very least IF peeps do activate it they should change the account name and password.

Also my thinking is if you cant sort out permissions from your own admin account then you shouldn't be messing with superusers.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • 100 1

23 minutes ago, bubblehash said:

This would only ever be my last step before getting frustrated enough to reinstall Windows. 

Haha, we have all been there. :D

My final thoughts are these.

If you have an Administrator account on your laptop or PC etc, which lets face it 99% of normal home users do then there is nothing that a superuser account etc could do that the Admin one cant. If your unable to give yourself permissions or take ownership of a drive/folder etc using your own account then its unlikely you would be able to do it with another account, the process is the same for permissions and taking ownership regardless of admin or superuser (built in admin). 

Grantperms does all the work for you and uses your account credentials to give you access to folders and what not that you are locked out of, If Grantperms can do it using your accounts credentials then i'm afraid to say its inexperience, in which case they probably shouldn't be playing about with superusers etc.

• Like 1