broken sound of gunfire // NQ1 server

Coconut

hello. 

i have not played on nq1 server for a long time ("f|a hardcore" forever), but when i returned, i had a problem with the sound of shooting. i remember the same bug was after updating the mod when new weapons were added (venom). however, other players don't have this problem when i spec them. i deleted the mod folder and config, but it didn't help. after installing etl, the problem remains the same. i dont have this bug on nq2 and other servers and mods.

i recorded a videos of two clients as an example.

et 2.60b:

etl2.76:

———

I hope this problem is fixable. I don't want to change my computer for this.

p.s. thanks guys from discord (Eireannanl and El) for trying to help me :' D

• Like 1

Thanks for making a post about this bud. I find it a bit odd that the problem also happens on a clean install so I'm thinking it may be an issue with your FPS. It looks like you're getting quite a bit of stutter when it happens so could you set a few things in game for me and post a video of it please:

Turn on lagometer /cg_lagometer 1

Show FPS /cg_drawfps 1

Set primitives /r_primitives 2

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

Well I'm stumped, sorry I can't be of any help. I've never seen this problem before and it doesn't make sense to me that you only get this issue on NQ1 but it works just fine on NQ2. Hopefully someone else will respond with the answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could be a good idea to do /cvar_restart and see if the issue still persists, if it does, best bet is to delete noquarter folder and redownload the files ^^

• Thanks 1

Do you happen to have two drives? You should maybe try a clean install on the other drive, but if you do not have two drives just try a clean install, don't exec any cfg or anything, also what windows are you running?

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

@whoami i already installed a clean version of the game without config, didnt help. i have one drive, win 10 x64

Try running in compatiblity mode for windows 7/8, and also does this happen on any other computer?