Coconut

broken sound of gunfire // NQ1 server

Question

hello. 

i have not played on nq1 server for a long time ("f|a hardcore" forever), but when i returned, i had a problem with the sound of shooting. i remember the same bug was after updating the mod when new weapons were added (venom). however, other players don't have this problem when i spec them. i deleted the mod folder and config, but it didn't help. after installing etl, the problem remains the same. i dont have this bug on nq2 and other servers and mods.

i recorded a videos of two clients as an example.

et 2.60b:

etl2.76:

———

I hope this problem is fixable. I don't want to change my computer for this.

p.s. thanks guys from discord (Eireannanl and El) for trying to help me :' D

• Like 1

17 answers to this question

/snd_reload then /snd_restart

Thanks for making a post about this bud. I find it a bit odd that the problem also happens on a clean install so I'm thinking it may be an issue with your FPS. It looks like you're getting quite a bit of stutter when it happens so could you set a few things in game for me and post a video of it please:

Turn on lagometer /cg_lagometer 1

Show FPS /cg_drawfps 1

Set primitives /r_primitives 2

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

@slayer it didn't help....
@elel ok, 5 min

p.s. without video recording, i have a stable 125 fps

Well I'm stumped, sorry I can't be of any help. I've never seen this problem before and it doesn't make sense to me that you only get this issue on NQ1 but it works just fine on NQ2. Hopefully someone else will respond with the answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could be a good idea to do /cvar_restart and see if the issue still persists, if it does, best bet is to delete noquarter folder and redownload the files ^^

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

run it as admin,had probs with echosound ,running as admin fixed it

Edited by Gladiator
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

run it as admin,had probs with echosound ,running as admin fixed it

Alright, good you got it sorted.

nothings working... i think its time to close this topic. :'D this is probably a compatibility issue of my computer with nq1 server...

Check these also

Com_hunkmegs 256

Com_zonemegs 128

Com_soundmegs 128

Do you happen to have two drives? You should maybe try a clean install on the other drive, but if you do not have two drives just try a clean install, don't exec any cfg or anything, also what windows are you running?

@whoami i already installed a clean version of the game without config, didnt help. i have one drive, win 10 x64

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

@whoami i already installed a clean version of the game without config, didnt help. i have one drive, win 10 x64

Try running in compatiblity mode for windows 7/8, and also does this happen on any other computer?

no, only on my computer

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Coconut said:

no, only on my computer

I just test-fired the the various automatic weapons on NQ#1  I get the 'extra sounds" with the Thompson, mp-40, mp34, fg42, browning mg,  sten ,dual-lugers and maybe with the venom.  It does not seem to happen with the MG42, but it fires quickly anyway.  I had also noticed the smg-sound last week.  

It reminded me somewhat of the fast-firing on Beginners#1, but not quite.  The magazines empty in 5 seconds in full-auto on both NQ#1 and #2.

It starts after the first few shots on full automatic.  

The other players don't seem to have the issue.

I will have to run a local server and see what happens.  :D

Edited by RedBaird
mg42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1