Help me.

PeruET

Hi.
My question here is whether the experience (account data) can be transferred from one pc to another.
I have changed my PC and I do not want to start over again as I did 1 year ago (because 2 to 3 years ago I also had an account with 230k exp and when I came back in, I completely restarted the account and I had to start from 0).
I don't know if it will be possible, but if I could do it it would be good for me. I will be grateful to those who help me.
I currently have 340k of exp or out there.

save ur etkey from ur old ET ( send it to ur email) or maybe do the same with ur hole cfg

then u can replace it in ur new et installation on new pc

Edited by Leatherface
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

You can open your etkey with a notepad and write down the 28 digits on a piece of paper encase your not able to transfer the file

next time you install ET just edit the new etkey and put the one you saved in there manually

you can find it in etmain C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain

• Like 2

• Leader

If you still have your old computer, then you can copy your whole ET installation onto a USB 'flash drive' and then paste it from there onto your new computer.

Be sure to save your etkey file somewhere off of your computer(s), just to be safe.

Our XP is reset to 0 on a server if we are gone for 30 days.

• Like 2
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, DoubleDragon said:

You can open your etkey with a notepad and write down the 28 digits on a piece of paper encase your not able to transfer the file

next time you install ET just edit the new etkey and put the one you saved in there manually

you can find it in etmain C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain

Whoa! I never knew about that one!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Haha, i was going to advise the same as i've always just copied my saved ET folder from USB to PC when ever i've re installed windows etc, think my actual ET folder is about 14-15 years old now. lol

As ET is a standalone install one thing you do have to do though is run pbsvc.exe and install PB, use instead of pbsetup and it works a charm.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

• Leader
1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Yes, since PunkBuster "quit" ET, our etkey files no longer have binary data in them (the extended-ASCII chars).   If we got new ones, that is.  FA does not have PB running on the servers, so they do not require a "genuine" pb-formatted etkey. :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Leader
17 hours ago, RedBaird said:

binary data in them (the extended-ASCII chars)

An old etkey file of mine starts with 20-some decimal numbers and ends with binary-characters like these.

²)&pLf“è¹/)nDƒ€«Qigœí°€«QiU‘L€«Qi)nDƒL€gL€«Qigœí°É

• Love 1