ET saving the settings in console

melonchollymel

Hi it's pesky ole me again....you guys are a wealth of technical information but I am the least tech savvy person on the planet and I need some help...Can someone please tell me how to save my settings in the et console? My connection is lagging and in the options/system/connection tab, it will not save what I select so my connection cuts in and out and I freeze and I am so frustrated I am about ready to hang it up....jk... Can someone help please:? I would more than appreciate any ideas or suggestions!! Thanks and thanks for being here rain or shine---it's pretty cool

• Like 2

Maybe you're thinking of

/writeconfig melancholy.cfg

After you make some changes

and when you start the game

/exec melancholy

and it will load all your saved settings?

Not knowing your country and specific situation:

/cl_maxpackets 100

does seem to help a few people stabilize their connection

• Like 1

Achilles method seems pretty easy to follow and an Autoexec or creating a personal config would be the easiest option, however you can save settings without one if you have no clue.  

Run ET.exe, do not connect to a server but instead change to the mod you usually play by clicking on mod and selecting from the list, now change all the settings to what you want them to be, then simply exit ET.exe...... Whatever settings you changed "should" now be saved.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

there are also certain settings that need too be in your load parimitter line to be saved .

Enemy Territory\et.exe" + set com_hunkMegs "256" + set com_zoneMegs "128" + set com_soundMegs "64"

• 100 1